• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Liverpool hypocrital victim menatlity has kicked-in I see. Think he is extremely lucky to get just 10 games, bearing in mind his previous 7 match ban in Holland and his 8 match ban for racist language. 14 games should have been absolute minimum (double the 7).

Yes, agreed with that. Not a first offence, and not the first time this season he's been in trouble.

10 games is way too much,The FA should be dishing out these lengthy bans to those nutters who go over the top or use elbows.

If a dog had done that it would be put down. Same should be done to Suarez. Absolute scumbag who doesn't deserve the talent he has.

He got 7 match ban for his last biting incident in Holland and 8 for his racism charge on Evra, so surely it has to be more than those otherwise he won't learn. He hasn't been incident free this season either as multiple times he has sneakily kicked or stamped on opponents.

iPbSAGy6DUntY.gif

He got 7 match ban for his last biting incident in Holland and 8 for his racism charge on Evra, so surely it has to be more than those otherwise he won't learn. He hasn't been incident free this season either as multiple times he has sneakily kicked or stamped on opponents.

His 8 game ban was an utter joke considering an over the top tackle if seen will get 3 game ban,These tackles can end a players career in a second whilst the use of an elbow can easily result in terrible injuries.The biting incidents warrant a ban all day long yet the guy has been banned for 25 games for using stupid language and 2 bites whilst the cloggers get away with murder.

His 8 game ban was an utter joke considering an over the top tackle if seen will get 3 game ban,These tackles can end a players career in a second whilst the use of an elbow can easily result in terrible injuries.The biting incidents warrant a ban all day long yet the guy has been banned for 25 games for using stupid language and 2 bites whilst the cloggers get away with murder.

Agree that an elbow can be dangerous, just look at what happened to Iain Hume, but you can't defend biting someone. Suarez has constantly cheated and been unprofessional on a number of occasions this season, let alone his career, and has shown no respect for the rules or opponents. He needs a big punishment before he learns.

Also, I can't agree with the "using stupid language" as for me that belittles racism and the whole circus that Liverpool turned it into with the whole making Suarez seem like the victim is unacceptable IMO.

As for people that go over the top in a tackle, I highly doubt any of them mean to actually cause harm and it is just a poor tackle. Only tackle I can remember where actual harm was meant was when Roy Keane pretty much finished Haaland's career with an awful tackle, as for the punishment he got an extra 5 game ban and a £150,000 fine and back then that would have been 2-3 weeks wages.

Same with elbows, most of them you see two players jumping for the ball and there is contact but rarely any deliberate intent. Fellaini is someone that comes to mind as I can't believe how many times he has elbowed someone and gotten away with it.

One rule I would change is that the FA can ban a player, even if the ref made a decision. At the moment, if the ref gave Suarez a yellow card then the FA couldn't do anything.

Back