• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suarez

yeah I think it should have been much longer. But at least FIFA have said that even if he appeals he won't be eligable to play in the WC. It would have been mental if he could play while waiting for the appeal.

Personally I think the Uruguayan FA/team should be punished for trying to influence and bias the process by claiming some kind of conspiracy.

I think 4 months is ok as long as it was from the start of the season, its not.

Therefore its only actually 9 league games.

That ****s up Liverpool's season then, even before a ball is kicked. :hilarious:

Not long enough in my eyes....this is the third time! Should be AT LEAST a year.

Saw someone else make a good point. He should have a suspended lifetime ban if he does it again.

BrEAGQdIYAAsuwj.png

A nine match ban is pathetic. What he did is ABH, multiple unmotivated ABH attacks on the street would lead to a prison sentence. He gets a four month paid (or part paid at worst) holiday.

Credit where credit is due, they dealt with this quickly, and punished him quickly, not allowing it to drag out like previous cases; but nine* games is simply not enough for a serial offender of causing actual bodily harm to his opponents. For me, FIFA have massively bottled this.

*I realise cup/international matches will see this rise, but not much, not by October.

the fine he has been given is ridiculous, its about £65,000 which is less than half of his weekly wage. also, the domestic ban should start immediately and then be 4 months from the start of the season

This is going to get incredibly messy. The clubs that once formed the G-14 before FIFA disbanded it have been spoiling for a fight with them for some time. I'd hazard a guess that the battle lines are already been drawn, as evidenced by Liverpool's complete non-statement of a statement.

Not that I disagree with it at all. It's **** funny.

Saw someone else make a good point. He should have a suspended lifetime ban if he does it again.

Dont really go along with lifetime bans, but the punishment should not only fit the crime but increase.

His league ban hasnt increased at all, although he has the international ban on top.

When you look at people getting 9 or 10 game bans for punching players or pushing refs over this offence should carry a similar punishment, then it should be getting bigger each time. 3rd occurence? Personally 15-20 games should have been imposed

Dont really go along with lifetime bans, but the punishment should not only fit the crime but increase.

His league ban hasnt increased at all, although he has the international ban on top.

When you look at people getting 9 or 10 game bans for punching players or pushing refs over this offence should carry a similar punishment, then it should be getting bigger each time. 3rd occurence? Personally 15-20 games should have been imposed

When you consider Rio was banned for eight months for not appearing at a drugs test, it seems odd that repetitively attacking your fellow professionals, is only considered half the crime missing an appointment is.

I appreciate it was different bodies issuing the punishments, but you would imagine there'd be a degree of uniformity in the way they governed themselves.

Last edited:
That Liverpool media statement in full:

We at Anfield (TM) deplore the FA/UEFA/FIFA's latest ban on Luis Suarez. In this unfortunate episode Luis Suarez is, like all scousers, the victim. He has been unfairly singled out for biting/diving/racially abusing/cheating/insert other. The punishment does not fit the crime (fortunately for us). Luis is a proud Uruguayan and was only trying to honour the 1972 rugby team whose plane crashed in the Andes. He is not a doctor and it is therefore unreasonable to expect him to realise Chiellini was still alive at the time of the alleged incident.

We will be holding a minute's silence in memory of our title hopes and invite you to join with us, whether you are in Bangkok or Boston.

T-shirts in support of Mr Lectur will be available from all good retailers.

A nine match ban is pathetic. What he did is ABH, multiple unmotivated ABH attacks on the street would lead to a prison sentence. He gets a four month paid (or part paid at worst) holiday.

Credit where credit is due, they dealt with this quickly, and punished him quickly, not allowing it to drag out like previous cases; but nine* games is simply not enough for a serial offender of causing actual bodily harm to his opponents. For me, FIFA have massively bottled this.

*I realise cup/international matches will see this rise, but not much, not by October.

Exactly. He would be in court if it was on the street when he bit someone

I feel that Uruguay should have been kicked out of the World Cup, which would have been wonderful poetic justice for Italy, and he should have had a minimum world wide football ban of 6 months.

I wonder what Liverpool are planning, if I was them I'd be ripping up his contract right now and refusing to pay him a penny for bringing them into disrepute and forcing them into an impossible position for the start of the season. Again.

FIFA are toothless. (Coat's already on!)

Back