• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC Issue Club Statement - Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help feeling though that it's Charlton that ought to be sorting out all this stuff with the hospital?

Just goes to back up what some of us keep saying on here that Ron Martin is a decent bloke.

The statement from the club is excellent and timely and shows great compassion for the unfortunate James Walker. I very much hope that the tests and precautions only delay rather than terminate his football career. That so many are so quick to jump to conclusions is disappointing but perhaps reflects the nervousness that many feel about the cub and its immediate prospects in this league. At times SZ feels more like a purveyor of doom, despondency and criticism than a forum which has the support of Southend United at its heart. No one minds constructive criticism and rigorous debate but let's make sure that we support our team, come thick or thin. Up the Blues!

I can't help feeling though that it's Charlton that ought to be sorting out all this stuff with the hospital?

Just goes to back up what some of keep saying on here that Ron Martin is a decent bloke.

As his parent club that should be the case.

Irrespective of Ron's statement you will still find the same old posters posting the same bull.

Glad that this has all been cleared up and that the rumour of "improper behaviour" is incorrect.

All the best to James and hopefully he can be back on the field very soon.

Sorry Mr Walker for backing up someone else's rumour re failed drugs test,it's all bollox obviously.
What a disappointing situation all round.
Thanks Mr Martin for clearing that up and i wish the lad well.
Over to you Jay...

Maybe Tilly and Ron should employ that girl with the X Ray vision who can see diseases and illnesses etc. That would make sure we don't see a repeat of this 'mess' that a lot of idiots on here are claiming Tilly and Ron have caused.
Guess that just shows some of the bollox that some posters come out with and how many of these so called rumours are total utter bull.

Best wishes to James Walker but to be honest I wouldn't want to come and sign for a club where so many of the fans are quick to slag off, abuse and jump on the bandwagon.

I think in his statement he clearly says those that jump to stupid conclusions...All threads which have stated lies about Walker will now be removed for legal reasons.

John.

With hindsight, it is a shame this was not done last night, or even better the posts edited as soon as they appeared. To remove them now for "Legal Reasons" may be a bit late, as they have already been posted.

I think all the Mods of this great site need to think carefully about letting this sort of thing carry on and continue on this board in future. Or this board may may end up having simular problems to the Sheffield Weds board. (The board owners, moderators, and posters have been taken to the High Court for alleged slander and defamation of character).

I really wish James Walker all the best in the future and hope that he gets some good news soon about his condition.

Well done Ron for your balanced consideration for the lad, and the full statement today clarifying the current position.

With hindsight, it is a shame this was not done last night, or even better the posts edited as soon as they appeared. To remove them now for "Legal Reasons" may be a bit late, as they have already been posted.

I think all the Mods of this great site need to think carefully about letting this sort of thing carry on and continue on this board in future. Or this board may may end up having simular problems to the Sheffield Weds board. (The board owners, moderators, and posters have been taken to the High Court for alleged slander and defamation of character).

I really wish James Walker all the best in the future and hope that he gets some good news soon about his condition.

Well done Ron for your balanced consideration for the lad, and the full statement today clarifying the current position.

I take your point, but all Owners/Moderators do have lives off the Forum.. We allow all views within reason and Yes for sure it was a heated debate last evening and maybe even added to the Club issuing the statement they have. .......Hindsight as you state is a wonderful thing....We will no doubt discuss this at our next meeting and thanks for your comments.

I take your point, but all Owners/Moderators do have lives off the Forum.. We allow all views within reason and Yes for sure it was a heated debate last evening and maybe even added to the Club issuing the statement they have. .......Hindsight as you state is a wonderful thing....We will no doubt discuss this at our next meeting and thanks for your comments.

Agree with that, the person who first floated the idea of a failed drugs test should answer for himself. Many of the posts last night were covered by "ifs" and "allegedly's".

Wish James Walker all the best and hope it turns out that he can carry on playing. And hope he can come back after 3 months with a fit bill of health and play for us.

I never said that it would be a failed drugs test, but I did indicate that it was a possibility, to clearly show that it was by no means a certainty that SUFC had cocked up as a club. I would like to appologise, if I seemed I was intimating that this was certainly the case. I wish JW all the best, heres to signing him in 3 months time :)

jay shrimper is very quite, i suspect he is looking for his book of lies

I got shot down for suggesting that the reason we didn't sign walker would be because of something very serious and stated that i thought his career would be over, ok so i said that it could be hepatitis but that was just an example i gave from a event that happened to a sportsman last week .

My sympathys go out to the lad and in a way i wish i hadn't been proved right , but ron martin has cleared things up now so its time to move on and look for another striker , and for what its worth , what a way for the lads to show they are united by thumping 4 past the cherries ................well done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back