• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC Issue Club Statement - Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure.. but i think i can guess.. however that is in the past!

Good man...we move on and should acknowledge that this week might have ended the career of a young player. I hope I am wrong tho but his health should be the prime concern whether an SUFC player or not.

I am sure this would not be the only player being scouted so other options should be available.

I only hope that Walker can continue his career or failing that continue in the best of health.

Oh right.. and what do i need to apologise for then please? For accusing the club of ****e PR... :hilarious: when let's be honest.. it has been terrible!

It's a real shame the original thread was deleted.

It's a real shame the original thread was deleted.

If you could get something i said along the lines of what jay apparently said i will apologise.. i said last night, the club have been a "PR shambles..." and i still stand by that - however, today they have certainly rectified it!

RM's statement mentions Stannard and Walker going to see a consultant at the Royal Brompton Hospital.

That is one of the top heart hospitals in the world, i take my son there for regular check up's on his heart and all the staff there are brilliant.

Must admit, i wonder if any of his other clubs he's been on loan at knew about this heart condition, thus why they didn't sign him on a perm deal?

Surely, if a club takes a player on loan they would give him a medical?

Not good news for Walker anyway, and my heartfelt wishes go out to him.

I hope he can play again.

Must admit, i wonder if any of his other clubs he's been on loan at knew about this heart condition, thus why they didn't sign him on a perm deal?

Surely, if a club takes a player on loan they would give him a medical?

I'm guessing a medical isn't conducted on loanees because that club doesn't technically own the player.

I'm guessing a medical isn't conducted on loanees because that club doesn't technically own the player.

Just pay the wages generally and prob depending on the loan agreement can terminate at short notice so guess you are right. Buying is different to renting, but like most things really.

Two thoughts, as I close this thread:

1. Full marks to Ron Martin and the club for a detailed and thoughtful statement. All our thoughts are with James Walker and his family at this time, and we hope that he can overcome any cardiac problems and, perhaps, pull on the blue shirt of Southend in the future. Anyone who witnessed the tragic events that happened to Mike North in our game against Mansfield, or watching what happened to Mac-Vivien Foe or Phil O'Donnell, knows that any cardiac issues must be treated with the utmost seriousness. We wish James all the very best with his treatment.

2. Statements making very serious allegations which you have "heard from someone's girlfriend who knows so-and-so's brother whose girlfriend works in the Shrimpers Bar" are totally unacceptable on these forums. As has been said above, statements of that nature are libellous. Not only do you put yourself at risk of litigation, but you also threaten the viability and reputation of ShrimperZone.com, and also potentially put us at risk of being sued.

ShrimperZone.com takes very seriously any libellous or other potentially defamatory statements made on these boards. Jay_Shrimper will be banned for one month, and will be warned as to his future conduct.

You are reminded that you may only make statements on here which:

(a) are true (and of which you have direct, concrete evidence to be true);

(b) fall under the description of "justified comment" - e.g. in my opinion, Graeme Jones was slower than molasses (you see, you are allowed to hold unpopular / controversial opinions, but you need to make sure that you couch the statements as opinions); or

(c) relate to dead people (as the dead cannot be libelled - e.g. Vic Jobson was a crook).

Please follow these rules in future. The moderators will, of course, monitor the boards as much as possible in order to prevent libellous material being posted on here - but we all have jobs, we all have lives, and we are not simply to be presumed as being a resource which is here to clear up after your mess.

Thank you for taking this on board.

Regards,

The Owners and Directors of ShrimperZone.com Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back