• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sufc on the box or not

canada shrimper

Director
I just went through sky sports website and see no mention of us having a live game yet this season.There are live games from bloody Ireland, no offense, and a couple of obscure div 2 games and to cap it all a Johnstones paint trophy game between weeds and Rotherham.Why oh why is there no sign of us? Do people think it is because of us being on quite a bit over recent seasons or are we being looked over?

I just went through sky sports website and see no mention of us having a live game yet this season.There are live games from bloody Ireland, no offense, and a couple of obscure div 2 games and to cap it all a Johnstones paint trophy game between weeds and Rotherham.Why oh why is there no sign of us? Do people think it is because of us being on quite a bit over recent seasons or are we being looked over?

How far ahead does the SKY schedule go, as I'm sure they only have the lower league matches schduled 2 months or so in advance?

To be honest unless we get in the play-offs I can't see us getting on SKY this season. Mind you there is always the FA Cup, more of these games will be live especially on Setanta.

We would not have been on last year either if it was not for the play-offs.

Unlike the Premier League where each team is shown a minimum number of times during a season as part of the deal (hence why Stoke v Everton was a 'Super Sunday' game a couple of weeks ago), Sky can pick and choose which L1 and L2 games are shown. With the Leeds, Leicester and suchlike in our division we stand no chance.

Think Sky maybe bit peed of with us because we were spose to play Leeds live on Sky last season, but Leeds kicked up a fuss. Now Leeds can't take the blame because they are Leeds. So we rearranged the game with Leeds.

There is only a small number of games that Sky shows each season from League One and Two, as the vast majority of the Football League games they broadcast live are from the Championship. Generally speaking, they tend to show L1 and L2 games on an international weekend, when there are no Championship fixtures, as they will on 11 and 13 October. They pick their matches up to December at the start of the season, and as MrB said they are far more likely to pick the likes of Leeds and Leicester ahead of us, purely because they are likely to bring in more viewers than us, and not at all because they feel they've shown enough of us or because they are feeling peeved with us.

I've got my suspicions about why the Col Ewe game may also have been moved forward to 13.00...

As Glasgow said, there is one reason and one reason only that time has been changed - the police have asked for it.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Sky TV, because:

1. If it was, it would have been announced as such with great fanfare on the OS

2. Sky's early kick-offs on a Saturday take place at 12.45pm or occasionally 12.15pm, but never 1.00pm

3. They are showing Everton v Fulham live (ko 12.45pm) on that day, and they never broadcast Premiership and FL games live at the same time

Back