• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

KB will have already sorted out he who wants. Who will be second choice and who are likely loans.

Despite what people claimed on here, PB used to do all the hard work in the first 2 weeks after the season ended. He would speak to around 30 players and be up and down the country in meetings with around 15 of them.

Unfortunately as CP found out and so will KB, the Southend United 'keep net' can easily have a hole poked in it by some bigger predators in the pond.

AKA; The Peterborough effect

KB will have already sorted out he who wants. Who will be second choice and who are likely loans.

Despite what people claimed on here, PB used to do all the hard work in the first 2 weeks after the season ended. He would speak to around 30 players and be up and down the country in meetings with around 15 of them.

Unfortunately as CP found out and so will KB, the Southend United 'keep net' can easily have a hole poked in it by some bigger predators in the pond.

I say this every summer, but we're just not the most attractive option.

Whoever is manager will always struggle, bringing in the players they want.

AKA; The Peterborough effect

Not quite. Peterborough like to sign about 15 players a season. PB would be hoping for 5 from 30

Peterborough have a good system for signing non league players
1) offer the player more money than anyone else.
2) If he is under contract offer the club more money than anyone else, with plenty of add-ons.
3) Player knows that even if he doesn't like Peterborough he will only be there a year anyway. He will either move up or move on.

The only problem is Posh fans don't feel any affinity with that system.

I'm starting to feel like I'm on a Peterborough board here... Really tired of hearing about their amazing transfer policy etc, etc... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As stated above, we live in a very connected society with regards to communication hence I'm sure KB will be in touch with Kevin Keen, the agents involved and most importantly, Uncle Ron.

Football contracts run to 31st of May I believe and when they expire, the clubs pay them an extra month (was in one of the Secret Footballer books IIRC) hence no rush until pre-season training starts...

I'm sure it is all in hand ! !

Not quite. Peterborough like to sign about 15 players a season. PB would be hoping for 5 from 30

Peterborough have a good system for signing non league players
1) offer the player more money than anyone else.
2) If he is under contract offer the club more money than anyone else, with plenty of add-ons.
3) Player knows that even if he doesn't like Peterborough he will only be there a year anyway. He will either move up or move on.

The only problem is Posh fans don't feel any affinity with that system.

I think your last point has merit. They acknowledge that they are very prepared to help players move on, especially upward. They do have a good system for going with Non League players. A significant number are freebies, so Im not sure how you are aware or can claim to know their wages .
I to wonder about the affinity issue. Whether we would like it, and get excited about 15 players coming in and 15 leaving each year ( 6 loanees ) or whether we would hate it. Checking out their web site to get a view on this, I can only conclude that in the main there is little evidence to back up your view that affinity is a problem. Indeed in the main they seem very excited by the prospects, and quite pleased to be regularly in the in the promotion mix?

****ing boring listening to how great Peterborough are every off season. If they were so great, they’d be premier league. Still league one.

Can I be the last to mention Peterborough? A lot of credit has to go to Barry Fry, as even tho it's not his main job there, he is credited for being able to spot potential. He goes to endless games watching players. He finds most of the talent hidden or otherwise. It's something he's been brilliant at since he gave up playing. Probably the best in the Country. You know when Birmingham pinched him from us, can't we pinch him from Posh?

Can I be the last to mention Peterborough? A lot of credit has to go to Barry Fry, as even tho it's not his main job there, he is credited for being able to spot potential. He goes to endless games watching players. He finds most of the talent hidden or otherwise. It's something he's been brilliant at since he gave up playing. Probably the best in the Country. You know when Birmingham pinched him from us, can't we pinch him from Posh?
You certainly can TSNB. A while back on here @Spaceman Spiff mentioned that this is a Southend United Summer transfer window thread, and that is still the case. Whilst news about other FL1 clubs has interest if it involves us, if it doesn't then it belongs in the General Football Forum.

You certainly can TSNB. A while back on here @Spaceman Spiff mentioned that this is a Southend United Summer transfer window thread, and that is still the case. Whilst news about other FL1 clubs has interest if it involves us, if it doesn't then it belongs in the General Football Forum.

And once again, if you don’t like it you don’t have to read it! No one is forcing anyone to read the posts.

Pinch him put him in a sack and throw him off Southend pier .

It's about comparing systems for identifying players though and we definitely have an issue with attracting them to us.

It's strange because all those who do come to the Blues love the town when they get here - you forget how attractive being by the sea is to people from industrial areas, for instance.

It's about comparing systems for identifying players though and we definitely have an issue with attracting them to us.

It's strange because all those who do come to the Blues love the town when they get here - you forget how attractive being by the sea is to people from industrial areas, for instance.
I do think that having a club house put on the table in front of you made a lot of players sign for Southend at one time , I believe Hudson Close over Eastwood had up to four or five Southend players living there when they played for Southend .

I do think that having a club house put on the table in front of you made a lot of players sign for Southend at one time , I believe Hudson Close over Eastwood had up to four or five Southend players living there when they played for Southend .

Nowadays the club have a special deal with The Roslin, until the player is able to move into a flat, house or house share. Phil Brown even used it as an enticement for a player to sign, after showing them the hotel and having a meal with them there.

Nowadays the club have a special deal with The Roslin, until the player is able to move into a flat, house or house share. Phil Brown even used it as an enticement for a player to sign, after showing them the hotel and having a meal with them there.

Not anymore they don't. Since PB left they no longer get the deal, so i'm told by someone at the club.

The Roslin is a slightly posh Crossroads.

Back