• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

I have a better opinion of Bolger, good in air, set pieces, brave, rarely injured, not slow..
He is weak at ball control and passing.
If played with a good partner, such as Kiernon or Moore then he would be a strength to most Div1 teams.
I think the goal he gifted us last season at home probably sums him up he’s a liability he’s got a mistake in him in nearly every game

That may be the case but it's a decent step up from league 2 to 1.

Jack Payne hardly helped bradfords cause
Bradford City's ownership problems/issues and changing the manager countless times during the season hardly helped much either.

I think the goal he gifted us last season at home probably sums him up he’s a liability he’s got a mistake in him in nearly every game

Apart from his faultless display at Wembley, including his penalty.

He was also outstanding during the run in and the play-offs that season.

I
By me.... This a player who I'd have like to see at the Hall. With him and Payne Lincoln seem to have a good midfield pairing...

If they intend trying to play them together then they are going to ship plenty of goals..

Bol
Apart from his faultless display at Wembley, including his penalty.

He was also outstanding during the run in and the play-offs that season.

Bolger is a decent L1 CB but will get exposed on the deck and distribution not great. I think top 6 would have better, less one dimensional players in the position but for sure he is equally unlikely to be at the heart of a relegation defence that ships loads of goals

I know a Bradford fan and he said Payne was one of their best players until Christmas but once his loan got extended he seemed to stop trying.

Bol

Bolger is a decent L1 CB but will get exposed on the deck and distribution not great. I think top 6 would have better, less one dimensional players in the position but for sure he is equally unlikely to be at the heart of a relegation defence that ships loads of goals

This does get mentioned a lot on here with regards to CB's. Which might be important for Man City but not nearly as much for us.

People will be delighted if we sign Taylor Moore and will mention his passing ability. Yet I watched him get easily bullied off the ball even at places like Crawley. The one time he marked Tom Eaves in the home game v Gills, he was easily turned and i think it was the chance when Eaves hit the post.

In the modern world lots of coaches want a left and a right CB pairing. If you do that with say a Bolger and a Moore you can end up with neither player looking comfortable. If you have Bolger jumping all over the oppos 9 and Moore doing what he does best, reading the game and sweeping up with his pace......I personally think you get a much better result from the pairing.

Last edited:
I have a better opinion of Bolger, good in air, set pieces, brave, rarely injured, not slow..
He is weak at ball control and passing.
If played with a good partner, such as Kiernon or Moore then he would be a strength to most Div1 teams.

His biggest problems are his regular lapses of concentration and not directing his defensive headers to his own players.

Solve these problems, control his temper and he’s not a bad defender.

This does get mentioned a lot on here with regards to CB's. Which might be important for Man City but not nearly as much for us.

People will be delighted if we sign Taylor Moore and will mention his passing ability. Yet I watched him get easily bullied off the ball even at places like Crawley. The one time he marked Tom Eaves in the home game, he was easily turned and i think it was the chance when Eaves hit the post.

In the modern world lots of coaches want a left and a right CB pairing. If you do that with say a Bolger and a Moore you can end up with neither player looking comfortable. If you have Bolger jumping all over the oppos 9 and Moore doing what he does best, reading the game and sweeping up with his pace......I personally think you get a much better result from the pairing.

I can’t blame Taylor Moore for not picking up Tom Eaves when we played Crawley. Considering he was probably already man marked by whoever Gillingham were playing that day.

Is it? The amount of teams that make the playoffs are being promoted from League 2 is staggering. Hell, we almost did it when we returned.

if Bolger distribution was good and he didnthave thse concentration lapses he wouldnt be playing lge 1 or 2 he would be championship or higher,very decent CB for lge 1 or 2

Is anyone else worried about the current lack of depth.

Still have players out injured and lack of cover.

I know the season is still some time away but with pre season building pace. It seems we are still very short in key areas.

I know the season is still some time away but with pre season building pace. It seems we are still very short in key areas.

Agreed, but if we’ve learned one thing this summer it’s that nothing is known about our transfer targets (or even if we have any, although surely we do) until they gurn on the OS. We will sign more players in July I’ll bet my house on it.

Yes a little frustrated given half the league now average 7 signings. 8 clubs have pulled off 57 signings, but we like to take our time and ensure pre -season training isnt disrupted by too many new encumbents

As it stands :-

Oxley
Bishop

Harry Lennon (CB)
John White (CB / RB) - Contract pending
Rob Kiernan (CB / CM)
Harry Kyprianou (CB / LB)- inj LT
Jason Demetriou (RB / RM / LB) - Inj LT
Elvis Bwomono (RB / LB)

Tim Dieng (CM / CB) - Inj ST
Mark Milligan (CM / CB)
Dru Yearwood (CM)
Sam Mantom (CM)
Michael Klass (CM)
Luke Hyam (CM) - Inj Indefinite
Isaac Hutchinson (ACM / CM / LM / RM)
Stephen McLaughlin (LM / RM)
Michael Kightly (RM / LM)

Simon Cox (CF / ACM) - Inj ST
Tom Hopper (CF) - injured LT
Stephen Humphrys (CF)
Charlie Kelman (CF)
Brandon Goodship (CF / RF / LF)
Theo Robinson (CF / RF)

23 players

3 injured long term

3 injured short term

Triallist :-
Blackman (LB)
Jordan (CB)
Lyden (CM)
Roberts (LW /RW)

Of these the most needed are Jordan and Roberts

U23s Squad :-
Rob Howard (RB)
Tom Clifford (LB)
Richard Taylor (CB)
Emile Acquah (CF)

Of these I can only see Clifford being used / needed

We don't sign players early as they will obviously get injured. So it makes sense to keep our money and pay them to sit in the treatment room from August ?

Don’t worry we have plenty of depth in the coaching side of things:Worthy:

Back