• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

As it stands :-

Harry Lennon (CB)
John White (CB / RB) - Contract pending
Rob Kiernan (CB / CM)
Harry Kyprianou (CB / LB)- inj LT
Jason Demetriou (RB / RM / LB) - Inj LT
Elvis Bwomono (RB / LB)

Tim Dieng (CM / CB) - Inj ST
Mark Milligan (CM / CB)
Dru Yearwood (CM)
Sam Mantom (CM)
Michael Klass (CM)
Luke Hyam (CM) - Inj Indefinite
Isaac Hutchinson (ACM / CM / LM / RM)
Stephen McLaughlin (LM / RM)
Michael Kightly (RM / LM)
McLaughlin can also play left-back

Taylor Moore captains Bristol City’s first pre season friendly. Don’t know what to read into that.

As I mentioned on the Reading match thread, Kightly didn't appear to play in this game - anyone know if he is injured or perhaps on the move ?

I know most fans want these two replaced but it wont be happening by signing established wide men. We clearly don't have the budget to guarantee better players. We had Barratt in to give us options out wide.
You have to ask why these two were so poor.
Far more likely to be loans, sign a trialist or say Hutchinson stepping up.

That aside some of the opinions of Kighty and McL have been way over the top. I'm sure with a new beating hart in the middle of the pitch the wide men will have a better season......Well, McL at least.
As I mentioned on the Reading match thread, Kightly didn't appear to play in this game - anyone know if he is injured or perhaps on the move ?
He doesnt move much these days.

Taylor Moore captains Bristol City’s first pre season friendly. Don’t know what to read into that.

According to a fan on Twitter they played 3 teams for 30 minutes each. He didn't start the match so I assume he was on with other fringe players later on.

I imagine maybe Kightly is one that Bond will try and move on so that his wages can be spent on others. He was poor last season and won't get any better.

I imagine maybe Kightly is one that Bond will try and move on so that his wages can be spent on others. He was poor last season and won't get any better.
So why would he personally go anywhere he’s on good money with us for another year!!

Evans apparently is after 4 more at Gillingham to take his intake to 13 ??!!, Gills currently brought in nine and lead the way on new signings. They are by far a wealthy club ! So how is it possible? It re-enforces the perspective that a Manager can make a huge difference in terms of bringing players in. Gillingham seldom do much more business than us , that is until Evans arrived.
Whilst there is much than can be admired about Bonds tight lipped approach, I think he could be a little more energetic when bearing the fans in mind, who will be here long after he is gone. The odd dozen words struggled for in the Echo doesnt quite cut it somehow

Evans apparently is after 4 more at Gillingham to take his intake to 13 ??!!, Gills currently brought in nine and lead the way on new signings. They are by far a wealthy club ! So how is it possible? It re-enforces the perspective that a Manager can make a huge difference in terms of bringing players in. Gillingham seldom do much more business than us , that is until Evans arrived.
Whilst there is much than can be admired about Bonds tight lipped approach, I think he could be a little more energetic when bearing the fans in mind, who will be here long after he is gone. The odd dozen words struggled for in the Echo doesnt quite cut it somehow

I'd imagine its VERY easy to sign free agents with little work nowadays. Fringe players will be desperate for the security of a contract for the following season. Just signing a load doesn't mean anything if they have no quality.

I'd imagine its VERY easy to sign free agents with little work nowadays. Fringe players will be desperate for the security of a contract for the following season. Just signing a load doesn't mean anything if they have no quality.

and you can only play 11 at a time!

Back