• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

We literally have an international captain it can’t be that hard

Continuity might be a consideration if he’s going to miss stretches through international duty or if he’s no longer got the legs to play twice a week.

I think the bigger issue is that Kevin bond is very clearly distressed and concerned he hasn’t got the players he wanted or clearly needs (of course the majority of you will have a chuckle at my post and Inform me it’s only July)

I think the bigger issue is that Kevin bond is very clearly distressed and concerned he hasn’t got the players he wanted or clearly needs (of course the majority of you will have a chuckle at my post and Inform me it’s only July)

Really? Saying he’s busy focusing on signings didn’t indicate to me an imminent nervous breakdown or fist fight with Ron Martin in Victoria Avenue.

It’s got to be frustrating for any manager of Southend to have to go through the same process year on year.

Does anyone know what's happening with Michael Kightly? He wasn't involved against Reading and neither Chris Phillips or Kevin Bond have given an explanation as to his absence. Could he be on the move?

Does anyone know what's happening with Michael Kightly? He wasn't involved against Reading and neither Chris Phillips or Kevin Bond have given an explanation as to his absence. Could he be on the move?

Fingers crossed. He was slow and awful last year, plus he could barely last half a game. He’s the same now just a year older. Maybe he’s tried hard, who knows, but he’s clearly not up to it any more.

I really hope so. The money could be used to bring in much better quality

N
I really hope so. The money could be used to bring in much better quality
Not going to happen he’s got a seasons worth of 7k a week he’s not just going to walk away, if he’s not good enough he just won’t play and pick up the wage, it’s a great contract for lge 1 and won’t get anywhere near that now anywhere else

N

Not going to happen he’s got a seasons worth of 7k a week he’s not just going to walk away, if he’s not good enough he just won’t play and pick up the wage, it’s a great contract for lge 1 and won’t get anywhere near that now anywhere else

I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised.

There is no way Kightly is on £7K a week. Get real peoples.

I certainly think £7k is a bit of an inflated figure, but I would absolutely put him on £4k-£6k. There has definitely been a difference between the salaries of certain players, almost like a 2-tier structure. Losing some of these higher earners, especially those who aren’t showing their worth, could be good for dressing room harmony.

Back