• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Imagine the low ball terms White, Macca and Barret will be offered! lol

I shouldn't think Sam was ever on much anyway, having spent so long injured. The other two, well, I guess they will need to weigh things up. I'd like to hope both will stay - FWIW, I think John is probably more likely to than Mac.

Pretty much what I thought would happen. Surprised as LBBLue said no mention of Shaugnessy, but as Kent Blues said maybe he had a 2 year deal. I did think it was announced as a 1 year deal but a lot of time since he signed has passed

I'm imagining the realistic L2 wages they will be offered for players of their age and ability. There is nothing historically that says Ron has ever made "low ball" offers... in fact, looking at our wage bill he has paid well over the odds.

Time to cut the coat according to the cloth and yes, players will have to take wage cuts (as many people will have to do in the current climate).

For me nothing funny, going to happen to us all in the coming years, pay rises will be less or non existent but inflation will still happen.

I may be taking it too seriously possibly but think we will all be hit in someway

won`t be watching those players running around in a southend shirt again happy days , lets see the young blue boys playing for the club and putting some effort into it now looking forward to saturday afternoons . would like to see witch clubs will be rushing to sign any off our ex players { lol }

Club website here says:
Yes I looked that up too after I asked the question- would be very unusual if the option was his not ours, and don't he got through enough games last year for it to trigger automatically. Bizarre that there is no mention on the communication and that CP has not noticed/commented either. He would be very decent at L2 level but you would images wages being a big issue. But for now silence..

Yes I looked that up too after I asked the question- would be very unusual if the option was his not ours, and don't he got through enough games last year for it to trigger automatically. Bizarre that there is no mention on the communication and that CP has not noticed/commented either. He would be very decent at L2 level but you would images wages being a big issue. But for now silence..
If the option was his side and he has chosen not to activate it, i cant see him walking onto another team. Injury record last year wasn't good, he then didn't get straight back into our team (even with our defensive woes) and when he did play he struggled a little (maybe later in the season got better as we improved) so he may find it harder than he expects to get a team (Covid situation as well). If on our side it is very strange that nothing is mentioned even by CP as you say

would be very unusual if the option was his not ours, and don't he got through enough games last year for it to trigger automatically.

My initial thoughts too.

Best result I could find, states that he played 21 games in all competitions, which included 19 starts. Seems a little on the low side, to automatically trigger an option.

Also worth noting that if the club didn’t want him to exercise that clause for any reason, they would have stopped starting him, before he hit the required number, just as they did with Sam Mantom

The fact that the club & Chris Phillips, haven’t mentioned him, would suggest something else is going on. Although it’s anyone’s guess, as to what that is.

As you know I am very firmly in the I know nothing club ..

But can my friends on the inside let me have some insight into who made these decisions ?

I realise ultimatley its Ron but did Larsson give him the view on the squad .. Was it a word in his ear from Harry R ?

My initial thoughts too.

Best result I could find, states that he played 21 games in all competitions, which included 19 starts. Seems a little on the low side, to automatically trigger an option.

Also worth noting that if the club didn’t want him to exercise that clause for any reason, they would have stopped starting him, before he hit the required number, just as they did with Sam Mantom

The fact that the club & Chris Phillips, haven’t mentioned him, would suggest something else is going on. Although it’s anyone’s guess, as to what that is.
Maybe the suggested good news is not Clifford but Shauhnessy staying- maybe it required an element of renegotiation... very strange

Also what about Humphreys? Maybe he has 2 year contract and no break clause- hence no reason/need to say anything? If he was going to activate it would he not have done so ?

I reckon Shaughnessy has probably left already. Another one who was injured most of the season. His best game was the friendly where he won his contract- says it all!
Except he was specifically one of the six that a decision was being made on now..

Back