• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Kelman to Swansea who would loan to the MLS...

can’t help but feel with his US connection that this sounds a good deal for him

If he wants to go how can we stand in his way, good move for him.

We are seriously under strength even if he stays. Seriously need some recruitment this summer. If we don’t lift that embargo then we are going to be right down there battling with the other strugglers. Forget any talk of promotion chasing.

If he wants to go how can we stand in his way, good move for him.

We are seriously under strength even if he stays. Seriously need some recruitment this summer. If we don’t lift that embargo then we are going to be right down there battling with the other strugglers. Forget any talk of promotion chasing.

Not sure too many people were talking promotion tbh. Good luck to Charlie if he gets the right move but we will certainly miss him and, yes, very short on players. Humphreys likely to go too.

Said this before, but Ron needs to let as many players who can command a fee go ASAP.
Get the embargo lifted and replace and replenish with the best of the freebies out there at the moment and start afresh maybe even with a promotion push.

realistically he can’t do that with the players we have so maybe a better model is to let them go and let a new manager put together a new side

Kelman - £250k
Elvis - £250k
Humphrys - £200k
Hutchinson - £100k

That’s the embargo sorted and any up coming tax / wage issues for next 6 months.

pick up 6/7 new signings for free and overall we are stronger

I imagine there will be a poll on the eve of the season for people to vote on our final position, it will be interesting to see what people’s expectations are.

That would be a great move for Kelman. Decent sized Championship club, loan back to his roots in the MLS where his mate Dru has just gone and will likely put him on the radar for the national team out there.

Will be absolutely gutted if he goes as he was the player I was most looking forward to watching next season. But can’t deny him a move like that. Just hope we don’t get bullied over the fee and Ron can get some money to pay off the tax bill and invest something into the squad.

Said this before, but Ron needs to let as many players who can command a fee go ASAP.
Get the embargo lifted and replace and replenish with the best of the freebies out there at the moment and start afresh maybe even with a promotion push.

realistically he can’t do that with the players we have so maybe a better model is to let them go and let a new manager put together a new side

Kelman - £250k
Elvis - £250k
Humphrys - £200k
Hutchinson - £100k

That’s the embargo sorted and any up coming tax / wage issues for next 6 months.

How do you work that one out? We let 4 almost certain starters for us leave.. probably our best 4 players leave and you think by bringing in 6/7 freebies who won't be as good as them.. somehow we'll be better?

Kelman - £250k
Elvis - £250k
Humphrys - £200k
Hutchinson - £100k

I don’t get all these people saying Charlie is worth £250k. If you think Hutchinson is worth £100k then Kelman is worth a small fortune more than that.

17/18 year old with incredible potential, good performances and scored goals at League One level. The money that players go for nowadays, especially homegrown players, is madness.

For me, we shouldn’t be looking at a penny less than £1m for Kelman and even then I think that’s a crap deal for us.

Kelman - £250k
Elvis - £250k
Humphrys - £200k
Hutchinson - £100k

If we were to get offered £250k for Elvis I’d drive him wherever it was myself. As for Kelman, he’s the one I didn’t (don’t) want to leave I just hope the kid has good advisors. Right now he needs first team football to progress. So many have left and the grass ain’t any greener.

6 figures is absolutely fanciful.

Charlie has potential. That’s where the add ins will come into play but no ones paying big money for a player of his limited experience. Too much of a risk on how he develops from 19-23. Too many players have fallen by the wayside in that period.

£250 plus good sell o

How do you work that one out? We let 4 almost certain starters for us leave.. probably our best 4 players leave and you think by bringing in 6/7 freebies who won't be as good as them.. somehow we'll be better?

It’s simply a case of “the sum of the parts” is greater.

All of those players are young and in the coming years may or may not be worth more or go on to have better careers, but my point is, you could and would be able to collect 7/8 players as freebies that right now would make us stronger than we are

James Maddison was 19 when he moved from Coventry to Norwich for a reported £3m. At the time he had fewer appearances and fewer goals than Charlie at the same level. So why is Charlie worth £250k?

Because we’re a tinpot club with terrible financial difficulties.

Clubs know they can exploit that.

The only way Charlie goes for much more than the figure we’re discussing, is if there’s several clubs interested & a bidding war ensues.

James Maddison was 19 when he moved from Coventry to Norwich for a reported £3m. At the time he had fewer appearances and fewer goals than Charlie at the same level. So why is Charlie worth £250k?

James Maddison wasn’t a centre forward. He shone with lots of assists and chances created. I believe he was the highest in the division for those two stats. Technically he was extremely proficient and that will always outweigh and short burst of goals in a dozen games.

Back