• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, where do I start. All I can say is what a memorable day with over 200 players taking part in the match itself as well as many friends and family who came along to support throughout the day!!

I'll keep this relatively brief for the mo as I need to hit the sack, after spending the day recovering from yesterday, as well as filling in all the various spreadsheets and when I get a bit of time in the week, I'll add the various results and scorers etc...

I can reveal that ShrimperZone FC lost the match 70-40. It was fairly tight until lunch but after 6-7 hours of football tiredness started to take its toll and just after midday the "Invitational AllStars XI" took the lead which they gradually extended over the course of the day as players were cramping up and collapsing around all over the place.

However, today was not about the result, it was about raising as much money as we could for the Angelina Our Star Appeal and we certainly did that.

Before I reveal the total figure raised there are a number of people I would like to thank who helped to make this event such a success:

- Number11, BobCratchitt, The General, Em, StevieGGG and Daisy for their help and support in organising this event.

- Kirk and all the staff at PlayFootball for allowing us to use all their facilities free of charge for this day.

- The referees who turned up from the Sceptre Sunday League to help keep everyone in check on the field!

- Ian Walker from Accountcollection.com for his generous donation and spreading the word and through which we landed the "Weekend Break" as our top prize in the raffle (donated by UK Media Group). He also opted to donate an extra £1 a goal which increased the total raised by a further £110.

- The Shrimpers Trust for their generous donation and donating a number of prizes to the raffle.

- SZ.com's very own Southchurch Steve who donated a signed away shirt.

- Brushys Boy for obtaining some cracking prizes from his Dad which went up for auction, and into the raffle.

- Southchurch Groyney and Wino for putting the programme together for us.

- BennyD aka "This is Madness" for DJing in the evening.

- Cricko, Carrie, and Sophie for all their help during the day in selling raffle tickets, programmes, dishing out oranges etc...

- My wife Libby and Old Blue Lady for putting on the buffet and desserts.

- All our opposition who supported the event and helped to make this possible.

- McNasty and all the players who represented SZ.com XI, and helped to keep us going to the end, as well as making it a cracking evening!

- All the friends and family who turned up support us during the day.

- And finally, all of the players from SZFC who gave it their all throughout the day and raised a tremendous amount of money for charity.

It's been an unbelievable amount raised and I know Carl and Hilary, who set up the appeal are overwhelmed by the number of people who showed up to support this event and helped us to raise the grand total of:

£8,506.83

Last edited:
I was pretty knackered after one hour let alone the amount of time the rest of SZFC were there!! Top effort everyone and what an excellent amount of money!

Flying Scotsman you missed one very obvious an important person mate. Yourself, well done mate you an the others all put a lot of hard work in an what a terrific amount raised.

Flying Scotsman you missed one very obvious an important person mate. Yourself, well done mate you an the others all put a lot of hard work in an what a terrific amount raised.

Thanks Carl, everyone worked hard and to raise what we did was phenomenal. Still can't believe it!

BTW - we are in todays Echo on Page 14.

Back