• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Superstitions

simac21

Coach
after reading bout tilly's shirt he wears on match days i thought i'd post my superstition which started the same game as our unbeaten streak started!

this year i havent had that much luck with gambling on football results every saturday this season ive done the usual football bets winning only twice.

so i thought as i'm so bad at betting ill bet on southend opponents beating southend every week ie brighton to win last night i put a £1 on every time and since i started doing it southend havent lost. I dont mind losing a quid every time southend play if the unbeaten streak keeps going

any one else got any superstitions!?

I think Tilly is taking it a bit too far by not washing his shirt
Franno's beard is coming along nicley though

don't know if anyone else has noticed that Tommy Black hasn't cleaned his boots since we last lost.

i noticed his dirty boots just thought he was a lazy ******* for not cleaning them!

i read last week somewhere , can't remember where
that he wont clean them until we lose.

out of about 20 games, my girlfriend has only seen us lose once... so she is usually a good luck omen (and will be in attendance at tranmere and port vale)

I have to go through the same turnstile (26), also have to wear the same outfit (washed thankfully). I'm going to be bloody hot on the last day of the season if we keep the run going.

I also try to wear the same outfit. our recent run started when i was wearing the away shirt with Bailey on it and recently i had to wear my home 1 with Macca on which i was reluctent to do although the run carried on.

i have to wear the sky blue away shirt to every game home or away. don't even want to half the time but feel if i don't we'll lose big time.

Well the bloke behind me has a weird superstition . He wont stop moaning and groaning out loud at any tiny mistake that Tommy Black makes .... Cant wait to see what he ( the "supporter" ) is like when we go on a losing run and are playing poor !!! mind you by then i may well have broken the ********s neck !

I always go through the same turnstyle. Wear same t-shirt under my shirt every match, same jeans. I always wear a pair of socks with a blue line on them. So yes quite a few really. Also, if I am not at a game, I always still have my shirt on.

I have plenty of superstitions but I'm afraid revealing them will result in a down turn in our results.

Myself and my friend who both have season tickets in the South Upper we have quite a few.

We both only ever wear our K Swiss shoes to the game, we park in the 5th spot from the end at Aldi car park without fail. We must say during every game 'Total Football' and 'If in doubt give it a clout'. I was never superstitious untill I met Ephraim and started going to games with him. Now we have loads of different things.

Plus if one of us turns up to the game late we never win!

Back