• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

I have read many various messages and all I can say is that FF is a dream that will never happen and RH will be knocked down and houses will be built on it.

I have been around non league football for too long to believe that SUFC will carry on for much longer I am afraid to say.

I am not the sort of person to spread doom and gloom but I am a huge fan of the truth and the truth looks very bad for the club sadly.

Clubs have come and gone no matter how high their crowds have been!
Hmm who knows. It’s dicey. But who knows.

Of course something that seems to have not been answered is what is going to happen in January when the HMRC court case reconvenes?

If the bridging loan is dependent on the players using the new training pitches, and the pitches aren't going to be ready until the spring, what it going to be decided in mid-Jan?
I don't think the bridging loan is dependent on players using the new training pitches. RM just struggling to get it because his business/financial reputation and credit rating are shot.

I don't think the bridging loan is dependent on players using the new training pitches. RM just struggling to get it because his business/financial reputation and credit rating are shot.
High Courts and HMRC are not stupid. If they were convinced that deferral of the hearing was a realistic course of action, then it was, which suggests to me that Ron will still get the loan, and in time for the hearing. Wages are a totally different matter. His silence over monies loaned and donated is the most astonishingly rude thing I think I have ever witnessed from him.

I have read many various messages and all I can say is that FF is a dream that will never happen and RH will be knocked down and houses will be built on it.

I have been around non league football for too long to believe that SUFC will carry on for much longer I am afraid to say.

I am not the sort of person to spread doom and gloom but I am a huge fan of the truth and the truth looks very bad for the club sadly.

I may have been around nearly as long as you, and because I have seen evidence of FF progress in the shape of the training pitches and planning intentions to start work on the Stadium next, I believe that FF will happen.

Whether the Club will survive until then is another matter, but I don't know where you get the evidence to say we are dead in the water yet. To be a huge fan of the truth you have to know what the truth is, and neither you nor I know that at the moment.

We are still going round in circles and saying the same old things, 43 pages and still going strong. Football is in an awful mess all over the country, we are not the only ones in trouble, only the worst. Things aren't going to change until Fossets is completed or the club goes into administration and folds, we are not going to change the outcome by repeating everything over and over again. Helping the club by the Go Fund Me page is the best and most helpful thing we can do.

Indeed your right I think. I think a couple of things confused. Its because the release of the funds from the development many not be until April that we need the bridging loan. In theory a bridging loan in April would be pointless.

The bridging loan to get us until should be, or I should say clearly needs to be, this month...

I may have been around nearly as long as you, and because I have seen evidence of FF progress in the shape of the training pitches and planning intentions to start work on the Stadium next, I believe that FF will happen.

Whether the Club will survive until then is another matter, but I don't know where you get the evidence to say we are dead in the water yet. To be a huge fan of the truth you have to know what the truth is, and neither you nor I know that at the moment.

You, I and 6000 SUFC regulars can only put our hands together and pray for the club to survive.........But how can it survive....What is your view?

I really don't think this bridging loan exists, nor do I believe it will materialise at this point.

Who on earth would give Ron money?

Are the supporters groups making any plans for this potential outcome?

RHB
The sad thing about quite a few clubs is that they have owners who get away with murder.
Us fans can do very little to prevent anything from being done---Lawyers cost a fortune and all that happens is the fans get steamrolled into going along with what the owners want.

Owners are all powerful and the fans get trampled on.

I really don't think this bridging loan exists, nor do I believe it will materialise at this point.

I totally agree with you---It has been said to keep the fans quiet!........I just have an awful feeling that it belongs in never never land.

If only it was easy to have a coup and throw a bad owner out so he could land on his sword.

The sad thing about quite a few clubs is that they have owners who get away with murder.
Us fans can do very little to prevent anything from being done---Lawyers cost a fortune and all that happens is the fans get steamrolled into going along with what the owners want.

Owners are all powerful and the fans get trampled on.

The council refuse to allow any house/flats build on Root Hall, until Southend Utd is placed in their new stadium first. They not going to allow our club being homeless, not on their watch.

The council refuse to allow any house/flats build on Root Hall, until Southend Utd is placed in their new stadium first. They not going to allow our club being homeless, not on their watch.
Well let us hope that they keep to their word.

That massive real estate company that's been mentioned in another thread, forget the name. whether Ron goes or not there is a significant property investment here and a lot of money will be made and I'm sure whoever loans Ron money will get more then there fair slice of the pie when its all said and done.

Rons been biting off more then he can chew for years. It will be like the World Cup, a lot of people will get rich from it.

Did I not read somewhere that £20,000 has been given to the club from the GoFund appeal. I assume that assurances have been given that all this money goes to the unpaid back room staff. If this money has gone into the general club pot, I for one would not be very pleased. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Back