• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ BOTB Round 1.... Pink Floyd v The Verve

who to go through

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

READ THREAD BEFORE VOTING
SZ Battle Of The Bands Round 1.
Voting closes in exactly 24 hours.

In the First Round of the competition, Pink Floyd (Sponsored by Blueblood have been drawn against The Verve (SUFCESSEX)

Post your Video clips, arguments, support and loathing. If both contenders are evenly matched, let your vote be swayed by the evidence at hand. Only place your vote when you are certain.
In the (unlikely?) event of a draw, the final decision will fall to Cricko who will base his decision solely on the evidence available in the thread.

Get Voting All.

big fan of both bands but floyd all the way. and for the record (the) verve had 2 great records

big fan of both bands but floyd all the way. and for the record (the) verve had 2 great records

Did they? A Northern Soul is patchy with some great tracks (History), while the 1st one is toilet.

Pink Floyd all the way. Who else would have the temerity to write a song which starts in 7/8 time, modulates to 4/4 and then ends back at 4/4.

Sheer genius.

(The song in question is Money by the way)

Has to be floyd for me. Whilst the verve were good, will we remember them in a couple of decades?
Floyd are probably best known for "another brick in the wall pt ii" but to be fair that's just a Small part of what they're about. From the original psychadelic blues inspired days of Barret, through the total immersion album "dark side of the moon" rock opera "the wall" to the lower key latter years of "final cut" and "division bell" (featuring guest vocalist professor stephen hawkinge" pink floyd have continued to adapt and to influence.
My personal favourite single track is wish you were here, however pink floyd aren't about singles, but albums. Take a look at how long dark side of the moon was in the billboard top 200 for, then please cast you vote.

I've got a mouse,
And he hasn't got a house,
I don't know why I call him Harrold.

Worthy of your vote shurley :D

Has to be floyd for me. Whilst the verve were good, will we remember them in a couple of decades?
Floyd are probably best known for "another brick in the wall pt ii" but to be fair that's just a Small part of what they're about. From the original psychadelic blues inspired days of Barret, through the total immersion album "dark side of the moon" rock opera "the wall" to the lower key latter years of "final cut" and "division bell" (featuring guest vocalist professor stephen hawkinge" pink floyd have continued to adapt and to influence.
My personal favourite single track is wish you were here, however pink floyd aren't about singles, but albums. Take a look at how long dark side of the moon was in the billboard top 200 for, then please cast you vote.

best argument yet SS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back