• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ BOTB Round 1.... The Clash v The Who

who to go through

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

READ THREAD BEFORE VOTING
SZ Battle Of The Bands Round 1.
Voting closes in exactly 24 hours.

In the First Round of the competition, The Clash (Sponsored by Firestorm have been drawn against The Who (CanveyShrimper)

Post your Video clips, arguments, support and loathing. If both contenders are evenly matched, let your vote be swayed by the evidence at hand. Only place your vote when you are certain.
In the (unlikely?) event of a draw, the final decision will fall to Cricko who will base his decision solely on the evidence available in the thread.

Get Voting All.

I love 'em both. Quadrophenia & Tommy..... White Riot and Give 'Em enough Rope...... ARGGHHHH!

The Who jumped on the Mod bandwagon in 64 and rode its coat tails until they had taken it for all they could and then Jumped ship and courted the "rock" movement until they made enough money to stand alone.

The Clash were adopted by the fledgling punk movement but as they failed to adopt the complete criteria were dropped by the "Elitist" punks (funnily elitism being one of the early things punk set out to destroy) . They continued to stick to their beliefs.

Roger Daltrey grows old gracefully at his massive country pile wiling his time, between milking his die hard fans with vastly overpriced "reunion tours" , by fishing and shooting

Joe Strummer continued to live his life in the way truthful to his beliefs writing and performing innovative music 'til his untimely death. Categorically refusing to reform the band as it would merely rip off the fans

Ooh, another really tough first round tie... but it's The Clash for me - Should I Stay or Should I go? and London Calling are definitely songs and sounds from my youth that continue to echo through the ages.

Really tough call, though.

Matt

Not keen on the Clash ....so It's the Who for me ....."Who's Next" was and still is a great Album.

I know me too, but I figured who have stood the test of time better! Therefore The Clash for me!

I would say The Who have stood the test of time better. The two surviving founders Roger Daltrey & Pete Townshend are still touring today.

They produced seminal albums such as Tommy & Quadrophenia, and as Cricko kindly pointed Who's Next, plus a great live album Live at Leeds.

Keith Moon in my view was one of the best drummers ever, and encapsulated the live hard die young attitude. John "The Ox" Entwhistle a top bass man, whose sound was described on Quadrophenia as being like a bleeding VC10.:D He to died in true rock & roll fashion, a nose full of coke, a belly full of brandy and a Vegas prossie on the side.

I have to agree with Firestorm this is Chelsea v Arsenal.

So fellow Zoners vote for The Who.

Cheers Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back