• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ BOTB Semi-Final. The Beatles V The Stones

Who to go through to the Final

• The Beatles

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • The Stones

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

READ THREAD BEFORE VOTING
SZ Battle Of The Bands The Semi-Final
Voting closes Monday Am when I get up

In the Keenly awaited SEMI-FINAL of the competition,The Beatles (Sponsored by Libertine) have been drawn against The Stones ( Mcnasty )

Post your Video clips, arguments, support and loathing. If both contenders are evenly matched, let your vote be swayed by the evidence at hand. Only place your vote when you are certain.
In the (unlikely?) event of a draw, the final decision will fall to Cricko who will base his decision solely on the evidence available in the thread.

Get Voting All.

The Stones.... in the 60's dark, dirty and dangerous to know.

The Beatles: Seminal, if it wasn't for them....well....

Pub Quiz!
Which dodgy indie band in the late 90s had a single called 'The Beatles and The Stones?

Puh...lease...to easy.

House of Love.

And my brothers back at home with his Beatles and his Stones
We never got it off on that revolution stuff
What a drag too many snags...

Puh...lease...to easy.

House of Love.

Cool Dude...of the young Variety

Puh...lease...to easy.

House of Love.

Damnit. Now I've got the lyrics to All The Young Dudes endlessly playing in my head :mad:

Damnit. Now I've got the lyrics to All The Young Dudes endlessly playing in my head :mad:

Nowt wrong with that Ben!

How about....

how-thomas-the-tank-engine-works-1.jpg

Indeed there isn't, it's a classic.
I don't mind the theme for Thomas the Tank, it was quite catchy. And there's a beatles link with Ringo Starr being the ex-narrator of the series.... :D

This was the seminal debate when i was 10 !

Then we fell into two camps, did we want to listen to music by people our Mums thought were nice or were we rebellious anti establishment and dangerous (yes dangerous at the age of 10 living in Billericay... I know !!)

The Stones have hung about a lttle too long.
but so has Paul Macartney

Its the Stones for me , but only because I can't think of a Beatles track I would sacrifice the limited space on my Phone/MP3 player for whereas i haven't got either Paint it Black , 19th Nervous Breakdown or Satisfaction on there and something WILL have to go

Stones by a country mile for me. So many great songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back