• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well at the risk of getting slagged off by certain sections on here, i thought once again he came across pretty well, says it as it is ( we are in the **** )
Dont know what we as fans expect as fans of this little club but i honestly believe with Tara on board things will gradually get better for us.....He forgot to mention though that the new stadium would only have 500 more seats , so dont know how it will help that much with extra revenue Tara lol..

I was pleased he said he supported Portsmouth. It means he can take a more detached view of things rather than a Southend fan who might make decisions based on heart rather than head.

Unless we get someone in with endless cash , which won't happen any day soon, we have to make do with a financial expert coming in to hopefully in time get our overall debts down to a manageable level. I have nothing to base it on apart from instinct but i feel he will be good for our club.

Well at the risk of getting slagged off by certain sections on here, i thought once again he came across pretty well, says it as it is ( we are in the **** )
Dont know what we as fans expect as fans of this little club but i honestly believe with Tara on board things will gradually get better for us.....He forgot to mention though that the new stadium would only have 500 more seats , so dont know how it will help that much with extra revenue Tara lol..

500 ? Current capacity 11,500 odd with segregation and new ground is 14,000 in its first phase.

Didn't mention the transfer embargo or the fact that the players were paid for the first time this year - today.

Don't trust him, he's an asset stripper here to take us down to the bare bones - smoke and mirrors with this spiv - he might sound good on the radio but behind the scenes it's a disaster.

Did he mentioned bounced cheques, no. Did he mentioned two further winding up orders, no etc..............just says what the gullible want to hear.

Didn't mention the transfer embargo or the fact that the players were paid for the first time this year - today.

Don't trust him, he's an asset stripper here to take us down to the bare bones - smoke and mirrors with this spiv - he might sound good on the radio but behind the scenes it's a disaster.

Did he mentioned bounced cheques, no. Did he mentioned two further winding up orders, no etc..............just says what the gullible want to hear.

Good luck with that, we dont have any assets....

Well i bow to your obvious superior knowledge. I am only a mere outsider so i can only go by what i hear on these boards and hearsay at matches. I do have 2 friends who work at the club and they have been paid every month since dec 31st.

And yes we have stripped assets as a club, considering the 100 k a month losses sounds pretty fair to me ! obviously you will know the ins and outs though,

And the bouncing cheques although not right is all part and parcel of running a loss making business (which is what we are fact) its called juggling finances. But you already knew that didnt you as you are not gullible .

One last thing....until you get to know me on a personal level sunshine.don't ever call me gullible you patronising miserable little key board warrior

Well i bow to your obvious superior knowledge. I am only a mere outsider so i can only go by what i hear on these boards and hearsay at matches. I do have 2 friends who work at the club and they have been paid every month since dec 31st.

And yes we have stripped assets as a club, considering the 100 k a month losses sounds pretty fair to me ! obviously you will know the ins and outs though,

And the bouncing cheques although not right is all part and parcel of running a loss making business (which is what we are fact) its called juggling finances. But you already knew that didnt you as you are not gullible .

One last thing....until you get to know me on a personal level sunshine.don't ever call me gullible you patronising miserable little key board warrior

Your justification of TBs actions in your pathetic answer serves to show how gullible you are - and don't call me sunshine - I am most certainly not your sunshine.

Do you usually react to an 'independant thread' in such a hostile manner? Some anger management classes I would suggest.

Your justification of TBs actions in your pathetic answer serves to show how gullible you are - and don't call me sunshine - I am most certainly not your sunshine.

Do you usually react to an 'independant thread' in such a hostile manner? Some anger management classes I would suggest.

So what makes you always right all the time in gate crashing any thread with your negative waffle?
And i am all for a good old fashioned heated debate about pros and cons of our loss making footy club, but all you do is slag anyone in a senior position at our club by saying they are asset strippers, or only here to line their pockets...
We have no assets, and believe it or not what we did have were sold long before Mr Brady came on board. He is a successful businessman albeit not in the football industry but in business.

We will be juggling bouncing cheques and paying who we can or can't for the next few years there is nothing you or i can do about that..

Trust me i would love a rich Russian to buy the club . write off our debt, build our shiny new stadium and bank roll our march to the champions league, don't think its going to happen in my lifetime though and im only 36.

My reaction to you was a little ott and i apologise but i just find the constant easy negative spin towards the club by people tiresome, its not a knock at you !
I am happy as a pig in **** that we are in 9th and in a position to maybe push on again, but it would be easy for me to moan about the tit that owns our club but i wont i cant change the owners but i can support the lads and manager. I would rather be in our position than Stockports !

Fine, I may sound negative at times, but bar two games I have not missed a minutes football for this club all season. My views are based on my knowledge and the knowledge of my friends and family who are involved at the club.

You can dress it up as much as you like, but the bottom line is we are being run into the ground again and the transfer embargo and non payment of wages is only the tip of the iceberg imo.

I too am happy that we are in 9th position -ecstatic actually - and yes I am delighted we are not in the position of Stockport!

Fine, I may sound negative at times, but bar two games I have not missed a minutes football for this club all season. My views are based on my knowledge and the knowledge of my friends and family who are involved at the club.

You can dress it up as much as you like, but the bottom line is we are being run into the ground again and the transfer embargo and non payment of wages is only the tip of the iceberg imo.

I too am happy that we are in 9th position -ecstatic actually - and yes I am delighted we are not in the position of Stockport!

Still think he will be a good asset in the longterm :winking:

So your knowledge is based on exactly the same information that i get, as i too have friends who work for the club!

Back