• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TBV/SZ Pub for Chelsea - United for Southend

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Following on from the thread in the Away forum(http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46472).

I put forward the idea of all meeting up in Leicester Square early doors for some serious drinking, singing and flag hanging!... Easy enough route from there to Stamford Bridge aswell...

Imagine if we could get 500-1000+ of us outside/inside a boozer/s in Leicester Square, singing and hanging our flags just like Engeeerrland away trips. As Ux said in the other forum, Newcastle did the same a while back and the buzz was amazing.

So first of all, who would be up for this and secondly what pub would everyone suggest from this list - http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...uare%3BLondon/

Ideally we would like somewhere cheap and somewhere we could make a right show infront of the tourists with our singing and flag hanging etc. So a boozer actually on The Square would be ideal.

If we can all agree on a venue, i will phone ahead and see if I can make some arrangements (In other words get it all sorted with the landlord/Met)

I put forward The Moon Under Water (Wetherspoons) as it is a decent size and of course sells (cheaper) beer. Not to mention its bang on the Square, so plenty of opportunity to get a flag hanging and make a noise infront of the tourists!

Let's make it a real party occasion and all head to the same public house eh?

Southend on Tour!!

Thoughts?

Last edited:
IF I get a ticket im in!

I will warn you now though, don't arrange this near the ground lol

Not sure the Police will like the sound of football fans having an organised drink up in Leicester Square. What with 9,000 Plymouth fans, our 6,000 and 2,000+ from Burnley plus other away fans and not too mention over 100,000 Arsenal, Chelsea, QPR fans etc it will be the busiest day of football in London for some while. Good Luck.

Not sure the Police will like the sound of football fans having an organised drink up in Leicester Square. What with 9,000 Plymouth fans, our 6,000 and 2,000+ from Burnley plus other away fans and not too mention over 100,000 Arsenal, Chelsea, QPR fans etc it will be the busiest day of football in London for some while. Good Luck.

A fair point. But I shall pose the question if the interest is there from us lot.

Not sure about it being the busiest day - often Arsenal and West Ham play at home on the same day, I'm sure Chelsea have prob been at home as well on the same day at some point (not tottenham as they are on alternative days to Arsenal), and at least one of millwall, charlton, palace, qpr - I don't think this is as big a deal as made out?

Surely the met would prefer to know where a large group of fans are going to plot up??? Remember, to 85% of the supporters in town that day, it's not a big day for them...

Dont have to go if your not wanting too, but Im sure the majority are going to have a great day out.. Ill be there :)

Definately up for this! Would be great atmosphere and sight. That weatherspoons is cheap (for London) and big so I'm sure the landlord wont have a problem. Maybe the police might. Everyone head for Leicester square.

Back