• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord Zoltan

Youth Team
With recent injuries, a few new loan players and a promising youth player I wonder how the team will line up against Forest? I'm going for the following: -

Flavs​

Francis Barrett Clarke Mulgrew​

Black Gower Bailey Scannell​

Walker Barnard/Kanu​

SUBS: Collis, Zoltan, Moussa, Hunt, Grant​

I reckon that Black/Gower would interchange well on the right and form a penatrative/creative midfield pairing.
It may be too early for a start for Scannell, but he would provide pace and an outlet for Bailey/Gower.​

think only change fom saturday will be lewis hunt into midfield for moussa and barnard up front for canoe if fit

It actually makes a lot of sense for Hunt to play in midfield, it's a position he's used to playing and he could drop back into defence if necessary. He could be the more defensive one of the two CMs leaving Bailey to link up more with the forwards. I feel that so much really depends on Barnard and whether he's fit enough to play. It'll be interesting to see.....

Can't see Tilly changing too much, Barnie in if fit for Robson-Kanu will probably be the only change.

It actually makes a lot of sense for Hunt to play in midfield, it's a position he's used to playing and he could drop back into defence if necessary. He could be the more defensive one of the two CMs leaving Bailey to link up more with the forwards. I feel that so much really depends on Barnard and whether he's fit enough to play. It'll be interesting to see.....

I can understand why you could use Hunt, but Gower (on a good day) would add more creativity to the midfield and hopefully provide more quality service to the front two - something we have lacked for a while IMO.

Tilly only changes a winning team if he has too. So same starting 11 as Luton, unless Barnard is fit and he will replace Kanu.

Having said that I would like to see Grant partner Bailey in the middle.

Moussa has the vision to unlock defences ...... Grant has the competitive edge .... Maher played in Gillinghams 4-0 defeat ...... football is cruel but you can see how Tilson has had to make choices and has comr through it with the best possible outcome -

give the Moose another hour to see if he can step up against Forest -(if fit) and if hes not producing get Grant on .... Barnard (if fit) alongside Walker will
be enough to do the job

Really looking forward to this game. Forest are a decent side but very beatable. Hopefully there will be a very big crowd there on the night as I am sure they will bring plenty.

Really looking forward to this game. Forest are a decent side but very beatable. Hopefully there will be a very big crowd there on the night as I am sure they will bring plenty.

According to the on-line ticket booker, there are only single family stand tickets available, no tickets in East, South Upper or West Stand. So that means the West Stand overflow section might be the only part of the ground with tickets available.

So we have probably sold about 8,000 home tickets. Forest should bring 1,200+.

Collis in for Flavs - I'm amazed the ref waited as long as he did to book him. Good job the free-kick was cack !

Only other change unless Barnard is fit is Maher in for Moussa --- oh !

But he didn't book him did he?

Just gave a free kick. Very strange!

But he didn't book him did he?

Just gave a free kick. Very strange!

I don't think the keeper can be booked for holding onto the ball for more than 6 seconds. A booking can only be issued for delaying the restart of play. In this case the ball was in play and it is not deemed as time wasting.

Edit........ just read the rules. Yes a keeper can only be booked for delaying the restart of play. But it is still considered as time wasting when a keeper holds onto the ball for more than 6 seconds, it's just they won't be booked. I suppose it's because when the ball is in play and they hold onto it for 7 seconds they have only wasted 1 second of time as the ref blows his whistle on 7 seconds it would be a bit harsh to be booked for that.

It was actually the 2nd time in the Luton game that Flahavan held onto the ball for more than 6 seconds, the first time he got away with it.

Last edited:
Back