• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tesfaye Bramble

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
What a waste of space.

Today should his shot have gone in and not into the south lower, that would have been the only thing he did all game. he runs at defenders and then just stops and doesn't take them on. he finds himself flat footed and lacks creativity. he has lost his touch and looks out of place at this level. The guy appears lazy and doesn't seem to care too much. He was in Chameleon last night too, good match preparation, I mean fair play if he plays bad but trains as hard as you like but he hardly gives off the best impressions. The missed header today. He doesn't have the ability that he possessed 3 years ago.

We don't need him...
blues.gif

On his day, he's still the most unpredictable player in our squad and can turn a game in a way that others can't.

And he scored that belter against Col U
wink.gif

I strongly disagree about Bramble being surplus to requirements, as a winger Tes gives nothing but put him up front and he's a handful for any defence in this division. Do you honestly think he had a bad game today? I think we have four strikers who as a package (with regards to strength in depth in that department) are among the best in the division along with Yeovil's. Judge Tes only on his performances up front as he struggles out wide, people forget how well he and Gray were playing together before Eastwood's arrival......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 01 2005,21:48)]On his day, he's still the most unpredictable player in our squad and can turn a game in a way that others can't.

And he scored that belter against Col U
wink.gif
disagree with you..

also, on his day, when does he ever have his day?

the guy doesn't have the quality for this division. gray eastwood and dudfield are more worthy of a place in the team.

he doesn't offer anything in the air either. he is just average.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 01 2005,21:51)]I strongly disagree, as a winger Tes gives nothing but put him up front and he's a handful for any defence in this division. Do you honestly think he had a bad game today? I think we have four strikers who as a package (with regards to strength in depth in that department) are among the best in the division along with Yeovil's. Judge Tes only on his performances up front as he struggles out wide, people forget how well he and Gray were playing together before Eastwood's arrival......
yes, i thought he had a very poor game today. he was playing simple football and offered nothing. he got the ball and started run but got to the final third and stopped not taking players on like old tes would.

the guy is a liability, i am judging his as a striker. yes our strikers are good at this level. tes however is the odd one out.

Is this the same Tes Bramble that wins free-kicks in dangerous positions match in match out and ended up constantly being fouled today because defenders couldn't handle him.

Tes did a heck of a lot of work today. Yep he missed a sitter as well but his all round contribution to today's result was more than adequate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 01 2005,22:56)]Tes did a heck of a lot of work today. Yep he missed a sitter as well but his all round contribution to today's result was more than adequate.
Sounds a bit like Drewe and he gets flak. And I believe Tes missed two sitters today.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 01 2005,21:56)]Is this the same Tes Bramble that wins free-kicks in dangerous positions match in match out and ended up constantly being fouled today because defenders couldn't handle him.

Tes did a heck of a lot of work today. Yep he missed a sitter as well but his all round contribution to today's result was more than adequate.
there is no way they couldn't handle him. he won little in the air,he had 3 shots none of which were on target. he didnt make runs that would put him into a goalscoring position.

just because the ball gets put over the top and he runs onto it before the defender can get there, doesn't mean that he has terrorised a defence really. they were a shoddy team, i wouldn't have said the defenders were particularly worried about him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,22:51)]also, on his day, when does he ever have his day?
I haven't just pretended that he has good games.

Care to think back to a game we had with our loftier East London rivals? A seasoned international who's played at the highest level in England and Italy couldn't handle Tes.

You can't seriously be telling me you've never seen Tes on fire.

Oh, of course, and all the free kicks he wins, as mentioned earlier.

Wonder if this will be the new Maher debate....
sad.gif

Thankyou ORM/sufcintheprem, I was beginning to think I was seeing something no-one else was! Tes I thought had a decent game today (much like he was having consistently before the arrival of the genial Freddy) - 4th striker he may be but he is still most certainly an integral part of our squad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Jan. 01 2005,22:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 01 2005,22:56)]Tes did a heck of a lot of work today. Yep he missed a sitter as well but his all round contribution to today's result was more than adequate.
Sounds a bit like Drewe and he gets flak. And I believe Tes missed two sitters today.
Try all you want, it doesn't make you have the skill required to cut it at this level. you have to understand people do recognise players' efforts but it is not always the case that the ability is there. if a player tries he will get credit, but if the standard is not up to scratch they can expect 'flak.'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 01 2005,22:03)]Thankyou ORM, I was beginning to think I was seeing something no-one else was! Tes I thought had a decent game today (much like he was having consistently before the arrival of the genial Freddy) - 4th striker he may be but he is still most certainly an integral part of our squad.
yes, he put himself about more than usual today, and yes he deserves a 6 or 7 rating. but the guy offers no consistency, or something different at this level.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 01 2005,22:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,22:51)]also, on his day, when does he ever have his day?
I haven't just pretended that he has good games.

Care to think back to a game we had with our loftier East London rivals?  A seasoned international who's played at the highest level in England and Italy couldn't handle Tes.

You can't seriously be telling me you've never seen Tes on fire.

Oh, of course, and all the free kicks he wins, as mentioned earlier.

Wonder if this will be the new Maher debate....
sad.gif
As i said he is not who he was 3 years ago. he has lost the sharpness. the fact that he comes across lazy doesn't really help. he has too many games where he doesn't get involved. thats why he doesn't make the starting line up. if he performed to his potential i am sure he would make the lineup but we haven't seen this for too long now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,23:04)]
[b said:
[b said:
Try all you want, it doesn't make you have the skill required to cut it at this level. you have to understand people do recognise players' efforts but it is not always the case that the ability is there. if a player tries he will get credit, but if the standard is not up to scratch they can expect 'flak.'
You misunderstand. I tend to agree with you. I think that Dudfield was actually much more effective than Tes today. I think that Tes is distinctly 4th choice. I was jus trying to point out to the others that Drewe gets a lot shorter shrift for performances similar to Tes's of today.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Jan. 01 2005,22:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,23:04)]
[b said:
[b said:
You misunderstand. I tend to agree with you. I think that Dudfield was actually much more effective than Tes today. I think that Tes is distinctly 4th choice. I was jus trying to point out to the others that Drewe gets a lot shorter shrift for performances similar to Tes's of today.
I did understand, but i wanted to interpret it another way so that people could see why these players get a bit of stick.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,23:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 01 2005,22:03)]Thankyou ORM, I was beginning to think I was seeing something no-one else was! Tes I thought had a decent game today (much like he was having consistently before the arrival of the genial Freddy) - 4th striker he may be but he is still most certainly an integral part of our squad.
yes, he put himself about more than usual today, and yes he deserves a 6 or 7 rating. but the guy offers no consistency, or something different at this level.
You say Tes offers no consistency, in all the games I've seen this season when Tes has played UP FRONT he has been consistent IMHO. Do you not think you might be allowing your judgement to be clouded by the fact you've seen him out wide more than a few times this year where as we all know he can't cut it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 01 2005,22:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,23:05)]
[b said:
You say Tes offers no consistency, in all the games I've seen this season when Tes has played UP FRONT he has been consistent IMHO. Do you not think you might be allowing your judgement to be clouded by the fact you've seen him out wide more than a few times this year where as we all know he can't cut it?
No... if you look at my posts you will see that i appreciate tes has potential. i acknowledge that he has played out wide. i am not slating tes in that i think he is not good enough, i am having a go because of a lack of effort and a lack of noddle up there to pick the right balls and get the most out of what he has.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,22:53)]yes, i thought he had a very poor game today. he was playing simple football and offered nothing. he got the ball and started run but got to the final third and stopped not taking players on like old tes would.

the guy is a liability, i am judging his as a striker. yes our strikers are good at this level. tes however is the odd one out.
1. The best football is simple football, so being able to offer simple football is a massive attribute.

Bentley's shot against the bar was the result of a beautifully simple move which tore Rushden to shreds. There was nothing fancy in that move, just simple but devastatingly effective football. If we can keep our football that simple all season promotion is ours for the taking.

2. Tes offered us an outlet the entire game - whether the ball was played into his body, down the channels or in the air Tes was there shielding the ball and bringing better placed teammates into the game.

ps Were you one of the people complaining about how greedy Freddy was because he kept taking players on and not playing the simple pass?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 01 2005,22:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,22:53)]yes, i thought he had a very poor game today. he was playing simple football and offered nothing. he got the ball and started run but got to the final third and stopped not taking players on like old tes would.

1. The best football is simple football, so being able to offer simple football is a massive attribute.

Bentley's shot against the bar was the result of a beautifully simple move which tore Rushden to shreds. There was nothing fancy in that move, just simple but devastatingly effective football. If we can keep our football that simple all season promotion is ours for the taking.

2. Tes offered us an outlet the entire game - whether the ball was played into his body, down the channels or in the air Tes was there shielding the ball and bringing better placed teammates into the game.

ps Were you one of the people complaining about how greedy Freddy was because he kept taking players on and not playing the simple pass?
1. Yes it is a massive attribute and in Maher we have that. He is a class act. I am a Maher fan. Bramble's simple football comes in the form of a sideways pass 2 yards not through a defence.

2. As i said I felt he played okay today but why have someone who doesn't offer 100%. I am thinking more than just this game.

3. No I never become involved with the Freddy Eastwood debate and I was happily cheering for him today.

Back