• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've learned to just stay off SZ until Monday at the earliest. I am as guilty as anyone at letting my emotions affect my judgement but luckily I tend to just annoy the people I sit with rather than put it down in writing.

I've learned to just stay off SZ until Monday at the earliest. I am as guilty as anyone at letting my emotions affect my judgement but luckily I tend to just annoy the people I sit with rather than put it down in writing.

I'm with you on this one. I stopped posting at 11am Saturday and returned this morning. I tend to annoy my wife who is used to it!

The problem is that brown has no idea who his best starting 11 is! Why continue playing weston up top when he has 0 pedigree in front of goal? Surely Layne should be given a go? The lad is quick and surely knows how to finish even if he is used to doing it lower down! Look at Payne, this time last year was playing the odd sub appearance, now he is a key player and there is outrage at him being dropped, all because of the 15 or so sub appearances he made last year. We must do the same with Layne. The other one is Williams, the lad is quick and strong, give him a go! IF none of the above then Barnard? He will work his arse off for 90 mins chasing everything and i back him if the chance falls to him. Since he has come back i don't remember him missing any glaring chances and give him the playing time weston has had, i reckon he would have at least 5/6 goals to westons 2.

I think we need to drop Hurst and play Worrall, the lad looks class whenever i've seen him!

He keeps playing Weston because of his pace. PB has realized that pace is crucial up front, especially away from home. Trouble is that Weston needs 30 shots to score a goal. Coulthirst is not much better, but slightly more deadly. He needs to bring someone in to teach these guys to be more clinical in finishing, or he needs to look for another Assombalonga to bring in on loan.
The term 'Coulthirst is not much better' says it all. Shaq Attack has all the tricks but is inept with finishing. To say Weston is worse sums up our Striking options. Barnard is reduced to being below these two HELP ! BBBC is not exactly lethal either
As per a previous thread we were before the weekend the team with most shots at goal (not on target mind !) out of Div 1 & 2 and our strike rate is pathetic.
Lord please grant us the patience and luck to unearth a gem of a player who knows where the back of the net is (knowing our luck it will be a ball boy behind the goal)

The term 'Coulthirst is not much better' says it all. Shaq Attack has all the tricks but is inept with finishing. To say Weston is worse sums up our Striking options. Barnard is reduced to being below these two HELP ! BBBC is not exactly lethal either
As per a previous thread we were before the weekend the team with most shots at goal (not on target mind !) out of Div 1 & 2 and our strike rate is pathetic.
Lord please grant us the patience and luck to unearth a gem of a player who knows where the back of the net is (knowing our luck it will be a ball boy behind the goal)

One interesting stat would be who is taking those shots.

As you say we are having plenty of shots, more than the teams above us who I assume people wont claim to be playing defensive football, yet we arent scoring.

If the players taking those shots arent our strikers though then replacing them wont have a lot of effect. Against Morecambe I dont remember Weston who was playing as the out and out striker having any shots at all, yet we had 17 shots and 6 of them on target.

The problem is that brown has no idea who his best starting 11 is! Why continue playing weston up top when he has 0 pedigree in front of goal? Surely Layne should be given a go?

Because Corr was injured. Why he didnt opt for Barnard I dont know. If you dont play Weston because he has 0 credibility you dont play Layne either who has even less.

The lad is quick and surely knows how to finish even if he is used to doing it lower down! Look at Payne, this time last year was playing the odd sub appearance, now he is a key player and there is outrage at him being dropped, all because of the 15 or so sub appearances he made last year. We must do the same with Layne. The other one is Williams, the lad is quick and strong, give him a go! IF none of the above then Barnard? He will work his arse off for 90 mins chasing everything and i back him if the chance falls to him. Since he has come back i don't remember him missing any glaring chances and give him the playing time weston has had, i reckon he would have at least 5/6 goals to westons 2.

I think we need to drop Hurst and play Worrall, the lad looks class whenever i've seen him!

We are doing the same with Layne, Payne was invovled with the 1st team for a year and introduced slowly. Layne and Payne should be treated the same. In Spain. er.

You mention Barnard and not missing any glaring chances, but has Weston?

Agree with Worrall needing to be given a chance though.

Lets be honest ,our strikers are pathetic ,well at leats the ones that are getting plenty of game time ,we all know who they are , so why not give Barnard and the others some game time ,cant do any worse than the ones they using at present., in fact i think i would bet on them doing a dam sight better.

Ok , i ll start off with my rant about how the hell Myles Weston starts every game despite being more anonymous than Lord Lucan ..... He may well have potentially a turn of speed , but my granny showed good stealth running for a bus once , but i wouldnt stick her up front each game knowing full well she wont win any headers, make any runs off the ball , wont tackle back , wont show any passion whatsoever for her club , wont cause any defender any kind of trouble ,and cant shoot straight .

The only ability Weston has is to hide from receiving the ball whether he's hiding on the left wing , the right wing or in the middle. I very rarely pick out players to slag off but i'm just fed up that we have several other decent strikers gagging for a game + yet Weston gets the nod week in week out despite continual 3/10 performances.

Put him on the bench + come on as a late sub on the left wing if we are losing , but please please please dont start him as a striker ... ever again.

So just to clarify, you like him or you don't because the wording isn't too clear?

Bit hard for Weston to miss any chances went he dosent shoot

Does that not raise questions?

How often does he even get in shooting positions?

Im not a fan of Weston but if heisnt getting the ball where he can shoot how would Barnard fare any better as he relies even more on service? Its possible that he would make better runs, but would we get the ball to him? Weston at least has pace to use (which we were told last season was the be all and end all).

Will be interesting to see who we play on Saturday, I expect and hope to see Corr return with Payne, who I think will benefit from Corr leading the line.

I've found Shrimperzone much better since I added mrsblue to the ignore list. Never tried it before but would highly recommend it. Also proves that one poster can ruin it for a lot of reasonable people.

I disagree with pretty much everything she posts but she obviously cares about the club a great deal and for that reason she's alright with me. Wouldn't put her on ignore as she quite often brings up good discussion allbeit from those opposing her generally. If you ignore a poster surely some of the threads don't make too much sense? say if someone is arguing a point and you don't know what the original post is? Don't use it so just curious really

Does that not raise questions?

How often does he even get in shooting positions?

Im not a fan of Weston but if heisnt getting the ball where he can shoot how would Barnard fare any better as he relies even more on service? Its possible that he would make better runs, but would we get the ball to him? Weston at least has pace to use (which we were told last season was the be all and end all).

Will be interesting to see who we play on Saturday, I expect and hope to see Corr return with Payne, who I think will benefit from Corr leading the line.

Payne starting Saturday is a given, after Phil Brown's comments. Corr is still struggling with long term back and knee, and recently neck injuries. So he may be given a bit part. Worrall for Weston is the one I'm hoping for. It would give Weston a rest, and maybe refresh him and make him hungry. At the moment he knows he can play rubbish, and not get dropped.

I disagree with pretty much everything she posts but she obviously cares about the club a great deal and for that reason she's alright with me. Wouldn't put her on ignore as she quite often brings up good discussion allbeit from those opposing her generally. If you ignore a poster surely some of the threads don't make too much sense? say if someone is arguing a point and you don't know what the original post is? Don't use it so just curious really

Have to agree, not everyone likes her opinions, but she is entitled to them and she views them on here, she is passionate about the club the same as all the other blues supporters on here, so I will read her posts and either agree or dissagree with her,same as some people will with any of mine which is fai enough.........mind you I do have to laugh at Mrsbblue and Jam man they do get very high rate at each other at times which also brings a smile to my face.......but we should all just share one common goal and that is getting behind the team through good and bad times and fully supporting them even though it can be the most frustrating of friendships

It's the lack of humour on the site that is the main difference to me. That and a poor appreciation of the value of a discussion.

All it takes is for one of the arguing peoples to say "fair enough" and move the thread on. It's not that hard to do, is it?

I've just read much of the 'Embarassed' thread .... that just about sums up the demise of this site .... :sad:

Still, chin up, eh?

Payne starting Saturday is a given, after Phil Brown's comments. Corr is still struggling with long term back and knee, and recently neck injuries. So he may be given a bit part. Worrall for Weston is the one I'm hoping for. It would give Weston a rest, and maybe refresh him and make him hungry. At the moment he knows he can play rubbish, and not get dropped.

I agree, see I can agree with you sometimes :smile:

The problem isnt the opinions he holds but the methods he delivers them. We all have different opinions, thats always going to be the case with football.

Having opinionated people on the forum is great for debate, but it has to be done with respect for everyone else on the forum. Rampaging over the forum after a defeat making the same repetitive points on unrelated threads is a headache for mods and regular posters were losing interest in the forum as a result.

Obviously when we are in bad form people will use the Zone to vent and thats natural, but there are limits.

Back