• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thank you Phil Brown for giving it a go

You know what your getting with Phil brown and he will bring in some league quality players. And I think he cares about the club

Not sure ex league players is what we need. We’re non league now, so we need players who can perform at that level. We also need a manager who knows that level and I’m not sure that’s PB. The first challenge I suspect will be keeping everyone paid over the summer.

Not sure ex league players is what we need. We’re non league now, so we need players who can perform at that level. We also need a manager who knows that level and I’m not sure that’s PB. The first challenge I suspect will be keeping everyone paid over the summer.

But league players are better so surely they will be even better in non-league. Signing non-league players will keep us at the level, no?

PB is like Marmite - personally I am not a lover of him and really don’t like the man however, that does not mean I don’t respect him for what he has achieved over a very short periods of time and yes I do believe if he had been here sooner he could have well saved us.
Hopefully, RM will have plans in place for this actual senerio but, make no bones about it PB will love his “celebrity” manager status in comparison to other National League Managers. If he doesn’t want to stay then I think we should thanks him for giving it his best.

The reason why there is lots of ex EFL side stuck in the Conference, they keep hiring & firing their manager, plus turnover of players too. The difference why team has gone straight back up either top or play off, due to they have stability and got managers in earlier and plan everything for new season.

Notts County would be top by now, if they didn’t sack Neil Ardley when they was 5th, 6 points off the top with 2 games in hand!

Although PB is not universally popular he has had the big advantage of seeing this squad in action both in games and on the training field. He is therefore ideally placed to decide who stays and who goes.

He and Ron also know one another well which should lessen the chance of another quick managerial change and mean more stability for the team.

out the lot and start again... jog on brown.... you dreamers still here... doesnt matter what happens.. ron will again be dragged into court at some point...nobody decent will want to play non league and for a club with no money at all.... no money to pay wages/ employees and as for stan the man... what a load of rubbish... mark my words..its the start of a awful few years after an awful few years... so we won a couple games at the end... against a couple crap teams that had nothing to play for and even then it was bottom draw...

Phil was not my cup of tea first time round however he seems to have mellowed a bit and may also feel our plight is down to him a bit. The five games in which he has been here have made me want to watch again whereas Molesley‘s team I was quite happy to clear unwanted photos off my phone etc knowing that if we actually had a shot IFollow would replay it. 2 wins 2 goals in each coming back from a goal behind was never going to happen with ultra cautious Molesley. God knows what went wrong at Col U - it could have been so much different. However it is what it is and we’ve just got to get on with it.

In all honesty.. I'll doubt at the age of 61..Phil Brown will want to hang around the non league.

Subject to whether we can afford their wages?.
Yes we can ron had the 3rd highest budget in league 1!! I'm sure he will be fine in the non league! Ron has money that's why he pays all the Bill's and pays the finances for the club! As I keep saying hes been negligent in the running of the club but that's it!! He has money to run the club but just needs some assistance from a good CEO.

Phil will have a network of mates and contacts to help us out, he also has the personality we need to move forward.

He knows the infrastructure at the club, he knows the current players and staff and he has a point to prove.

He'll hopefully utilise Ricky's and Craig's skills in the background which will make a strong backroom 'team'

Phil Brown is a must, will be a positive step forward for Ron if we signed him.

It's strange that I was never a fan first time around yet now I see him differently!
Maybe going away and coming back was a good thing for everyone!

I can image we would bring 2k to away games around M25 area easily. Just image we bring 2k to Wealdstone, we could give Wealdstone Raiders some stick with our chants “we have more fans than you, do you want some?!”
Surely it would be better for us not to go to away games and putting money into our competitors pockets enabling them to sign better players!?

But league players are better so surely they will be even better in non-league. Signing non-league players will keep us at the level, no?
Are you saying that all of our 'so called' league players are better than non league. On that basis we should keep the same squad no?

Are you saying that all of our 'so called' league players are better than non league. On that basis we should keep the same squad no?
No. Definitely not. But I wouldn't want to swap all of our squad for experienced non-league campaigners just for the sake of it.

Back