• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The average SUFC Fan IQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Dear ! you miss my point completely and could perfectly fit into the category I was describing, only you know the answer to that.
No one need take an IQ test to ascertain their levels of understanding but I remember pre season putting forward a logical "SUFC are in the S**t"
and many people suggested anyone with that view point was not behind the club or giving the new players, management and chairman a chance.
Whatever happened to "Save our Southend" one demo 50 people turn up, "we will never enter Roots Hall whilst Martin is in control" dwindled out as SUFC won their first game. And where are we now? Not quite where we started but even further back. Ron offers the occasional Carrot( from PS's vegetable patch no doubt) the occasional glimmer of hope and once again we clasp at .......... well ...............well..... throw aways from Ron. The club is doomed even a dimwit can see that and yet the fans do nothing.

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to the proactive action you have been taking to instigate a change or rally the fans? Other than to insult other fans on an internet message board?

Lets face it - if any of us operated in the upper echelons of intelligence we wouldn't be wasting our time supporting a 4th division football club like Southend.

We would be unifying quantum mechanics and general relativity or chatting up Susie Dent on Countdown.

That may be true Cyril my old chum, but I like to think that posters such as you and I operate in a higher echelon of intelligence than the average fellow, combining that with an appreciation of Rosehill's style fashions and an ability to hold one's own when things get a little tasty against Torquay youth. I don't know pak66, brigadista or Barnaby personally, but I'm reasonably certain that they don't own a pair of Farah's between them, and I wouldn't feel overly comfortable relying on any of them when it all gets 'on top'.

That may be true Cyril my old chum, but I like to think that posters such as you and I operate in a higher echelon of intelligence than the average fellow, combining that with an appreciation of Rosehill's style fashions and an ability to hold one's own when things get a little tasty against Torquay youth. I don't know pak66, brigadista or Barnaby personally, but I'm reasonably certain that they don't own a pair of Farah's between them, and I wouldn't feel overly comfortable relying on any of them when it all gets 'on top'.

I can vouch for BB's reliability when it comes to action time. He landed one of the best right hooks I've had the privilege to witness (after a Barca game we went to a few years ago) which took the guy off his feet. :Worthy:

What was especially endearing about this encounter was his wistful remark afterwards - "I thought my fighting days were over." I like to think that illustrates the maxim that 'talent is permanent, form is temporary.'

Last edited:
I can vouch for BB's reliability when it comes to action time. He landed one of the best right hooks I've had the privilege to witness (after a Barca game we went to a few years ago) which took the guy off his feet. :Worthy:

What was especially endearing about this encounter was his wistful remark afterwards - "I thought my fighting days were over." I like to think that illustrates the maxim that 'talent is permanent, form is temporary.'

Yeah, I remember that.Fortunately we were able to do a runner afterwards and not get nicked!Always hated Spanish taxi drivers:winking:
(FWIW, I used to own quite a few pairs of Farah's too-if we're talking about the same thing).

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember that.Fortunately we were able to do a runner afterwards and not get nicked!Always hated Spanish taxi drivers:winking:

You win some, you lose some - as you said about our friends in the OB elsewhere. Talking of wins, here's the match stats from that night:-

Barcelona 1, Southend 1
(Southend go through on away goals & a TKO; Shrimpero sent off for extremely ungentlemanly conduct after the whistle had blown.)

Oh Crusty you might like to think what you want, I have a good idea of the only thing you have ever held and pretending your teddy is one of the "Torquay Youth"(whatever that may be) then getting on "top" of teddy in your bedroom only qualifies you as a plastic football hooligan.
Dream on fantasy boy.

Oh Crusty you might like to think what you want, I have a good idea of the only thing you have ever held and pretending your teddy is one of the "Torquay Youth"(whatever that may be) then getting on "top" of teddy in your bedroom only qualifies you as a plastic football hooligan.
Dream on fantasy boy.

Well if you've ever got the testes to check your theory, just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back