• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crowd did well until the end, think people got a little annoyed and upset that we were losing to orient... We know someone who shouted some stuff out as he was leaving but we wont name any names... Like smiffy says, we can't help what other people chant we just try our best to get the crowd going with the good southend songs...
The team as a whole aint playing well in my eyes so lets hope this is our blip for the season.

You guys are doing a great job, I said to TB at half time how good it sounded with the big drum out. Don't be disheartened by the moronic behaviour of some idiots who have no place at a club like ours - their behaviour really showed all the kids who'd come in for free how you go about "supporting".

It's almost a shame that you can't have a sort of membership only gated area where you can control the people that come in your section as that way you would physically be able to distance yourselves from it.

Spot on OBL, thats the problem at the moment. We cannot setup in our own section, therefore we cannot influence the people as much as we could if we did.

Just because some negative chants come from the west, that doesnt mean its our fault does it?

We dont exactly stand there and drum in tune to these chants, infact you will find its the complete opposite.

TBV is not an official group yet, its more of a positive mentality that we are trying to spread around RH and I think overall we are making progress.

I think it's just a problem that the area that TBV are based also happens to be the area that the anti-mildenhall crap is coming from. The only thing you guys can try and do is to somehow try and police that area and if fans are singing the same sort of **** that we heard last night, then try and sort it out at source. Until then, unfortunately you are going to get tarred with the same brush.

Thats right BB, but we aren't there out of choice believe me. We cannot distance ourselves if things like this happen.

We cannot police it either, we have no right too (although last nite I did have a few choice words for some little twonks) all we can do with everyone elses help is sing over it.

IMO we need to move really, but where too is the question?...

Roll on FF, it cannot come quick enough for TBV...

Right, first of all many thanks for all the bitchy comments, to say I'm a little ****ed off right now is an understatement. All these negative statements regarding TBV I take as a personal insult, so If anyone else wants a pop please do so via PM.

Now for the facts.

The Blue Voice is not an organised group yet.

We do not have a membership scheme or a code of conduct as yet.

We do not have our own dedicated section at RH.

The drums and flags are situated in the West by default (we cannot go elsewhere as we cannot upset STH's) rather than out of choice and believe me after tonight we need to shift the drums/flags elsewhere more than ever.

We are small group of committee members trying to do some ****ing good for this club and we are trying to encourage people to follow the same line of support. But there will always be individuals who do not agree with our principals, we cannot change that, we can encourage them to change, but we cannot make them.

When we get to Fossetts Farm and when we have our own dedicated section, people have the right to have a pop if the support is of a negative nature. If this proves to be the case then your right, The Blue Voice should be disbanded.

Until then, do not tar the committee members and the loyal group of followers that we have built up, with the same brush. There is a small group of sheep in certain sections of the west who will sing **** just because they think its funny and makes them look hard. I can assure you that TBV is totally against this and we do what we can to counteract this. For instance this evening I myself took the drums and tried to drum and chant over the top of any negative chanting, I really dont know what more we can do than that at the moment.

Until we have our own section at FF, we will do all we can to improve the atmosphere at RH. But as you can see we are fighting against our own here and its proving a struggle. We need your help for crying out loud.

Dont have a pop at what we are trying to do here, get involved and help make it happen.

Judge us at FF, when we WILL have our own section. Until then keep your opinions to yourselves, appreciate what we are doing here and get involved with it.

Please dont slate TBV when you do not even have the right to do so yet.

The Blue Voice is a long term plan and when we get to FF you will all see the benefits, believe me.

And to all the little ***** trying to undo all the hard work we have put in, get out and stay out, you are not welcome.

And to all those who doubt that TBV will be a success, I say bring it on, its going to take more than a few snidey remarks to make us give up.

We WILL be a success, maybe not so much at RH but certainly at FF.

We WILL NOT stop because of a small minority who are intent on just being negative. We want to grow big enough so we can outsing these morons, but until we ALL group together in our own section and have everyone lending there support, it will be difficult.

BUT as already mentioned, we are in this for the long haul. Giving up is not an option.

Yours,

A very ****ed off but forever battling,

Smiffy (TBV Chairman)
Well said Smiffy, I think that since TBV has started, it has had a positive effect on Roots Hall, it's just a real shame that some idiots who are not involved with TBV want to spoil it all by singing non-positive chants. I for one will be backing Steve if he playes and will be encouraging him rather than just singing negative chants and yelling out negative comments about him. A true southend fan would get behind their team, even if they aren't doing that well because if you constantly get on his back all the time, then you are knocking their confidence and they will start to believe that they really are s***. So at the next match that i'm attending I will be backing the blues 100% of the way.

Up the Blues!

The other thing that should be done, not just by the Blue Voice, but by everyone who wants the club to succeed is to show your support for Steve Mildenhall. Destroying his confidence isn't going to make him a better player, singing his name might though.

No, but it might get rid of him from the club.

I think it's just a problem that the area that TBV are based also happens to be the area that the anti-mildenhall crap is coming from. The only thing you guys can try and do is to somehow try and police that area and if fans are singing the same sort of **** that we heard last night, then try and sort it out at source. Until then, unfortunately you are going to get tarred with the same brush.

Spot on! The last row in the West has always had a few mindless, ignorant thugs. The sooner you can move the better!

The singing from TBV was excellent last night.. throughout the game.. couldnt really here any negative stuff in the East.. Keep up the good work

It was good to hear blues voice singing even though the team could not perform.
I do think that you would get a better reponse from the rest of the crowd if you were in the corner of the south\west reason being you would get the kids in the family stand singing.
and even the old gits in south upper

Smiffy as I've said I'm 100% behind the BV but while these cretins latch on to you you'll be tarred by the same brush. Personnally I'd identify them and ban them. They won't be missed and will be more than offset by other fans deciding to some as the atmosphere will be better. Why ban them? Well they nearly caused a riot. A few people near me were a fag paper away from going and sorting the ******s out. I made do with a few steely stares and raised eyebrows (that stopped the 2 youngsters behind me in their tracks).
Keep up the good work Smiffy.

PS you must know who they are. Name and shame? Were there any who post on this board?

I can tell you now the majority involved in this bollox last night were 14-18 year olds, but there were a few involved who should know better. I think there was an influx of some chavs from the South Lower last night due to the cheap ticket option being available for the entire ground last night.

I can tell you now the majority involved in this bollox last night were 14-18 year olds, but there were a few involved who should know better. I think there was an influx of some chavs from the South Lower last night due to the cheap ticket option being available for the entire ground last night.

This might sound a bit drastic but i say shoot all supporters under 18 years of age

;)

Whilst what you are trying to achieve with the Blue Voice is probably appreciated by most fans, people who pay their money are entitled to voice their own view as much as anyone else is. They are also entitled to sit in any part of the stadium they buy a ticket for.

Personally I will cheer for the team if they are doing ok, but wont boo them if they are doing badly, I would rather just keep quiet. However, fans can't be expected to cheer and show support if the team is playing rubbish.

You wont be able to stop people voicing their opinion, you will just have to try and outsing them.

Whilst what you are trying to achieve with the Blue Voice is probably appreciated by most fans, people who pay their money are entitled to voice their own view as much as anyone else is. They are also entitled to sit in any part of the stadium they buy a ticket for.

Personally I will cheer for the team if they are doing ok, but wont boo them if they are doing badly, I would rather just keep quiet. However, fans can't be expected to cheer and show support if the team is playing rubbish.

You wont be able to stop people voicing their opinion, you will just have to try and outsing them.

Steveo you're wrong. Kick 'em out now.

Which Is what I have already said.

But we need ALL supporters to help us achieve this.

For instance this evening I myself took the drums and tried to drum and chant over the top of any negative chanting, I really dont know what more we can do than that at the moment.

After speaking to a few people across the ground after the game last night, the problem with that is that it seemed like TBV were drumming along with the chants.

Now I was sitting right in front of you, and I know that it was the in fact opposite of what was going on, however it may be perceived from others that you were drumming with them and maybe, therefore, leading to all this heavy criticism.

After speaking to a few people across the ground after the game last night, the problem with that is that it seemed like TBV were drumming along with the chants.

Now I was sitting right in front of you, and I know that it was the in fact opposite of what was going on, however it may be perceived from others that you were drumming with them and maybe, therefore, leading to all this heavy criticism.

Really?

So you are telling me some of your friends in the East/South wherever heard the negative chanting and the drumming was in tune with it?!

As you yourself know that was not the case at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back