• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The clear out

Which players will still be here next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would actually like to see us hang on to Matt Rush. I still think there’s a player in there and I don’t think we should give up on him just yet. Think he’s worth a one year deal with an option of another year and a full season loan to the National League South.
I have seen him a few times at Chelmsford, he worked hard and played OK but no more than that, IMO National League South would be his correct level.

I keep refreshing the official site home page and the latest news is " Ticket Office Opening Times " revealed a few minutes ago.

Nothing on any retained list -- yet
I was under the impression the retained list was going to be published today but who knows

I guess they want to tell everyone a yes or no first and then let them tell families. Rather than some groups knowing, others not and lots of social media rumour.
That would seem to be a reasonable approach. It's very possible that they told them yesterday and said they had 24 hours to tell family and friends before the news will be announced formally. On that basis we could have an announcement at 5.00pm today or 9.00am tomorrow morning perhaps?

That would seem to be a reasonable approach. It's very possible that they told them yesterday and said they had 24 hours to tell family and friends before the news will be announced formally. On that basis we could have an announcement at 5.00pm today or 9.00am tomorrow morning perhaps?
Either way unless there’s problems, it will be today or tomorrow.

And when has that ever stopped

I have seen him a few times at Chelmsford, he worked hard and played OK but no more than that, IMO National League South would be his correct level.

If we are to push for a playoff space we need to do the following in my opinion:

Retain:
Arnold
Ralph
Hobson
Bridge
Atkinson
Andeng Ndi
Davies

Keep or replace with better :
Ogogo
Akinola
ANG
Demi

Gamble on a couple of the youth players and release the rest
Really? Ogogo not played
Akinola not played
Ang not played
Demi should retire

Our average home crowd this season was 5773 - 19 of the 24 teams in League 2 had a lower average crowd than that (Colchester’s is 2813, less than half ours).

A third of the teams in League One had a lower average home crowd than us too (and they get away fans from Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Ipswich etc. rather than Weymouth, Eastleigh and Solihull etc.).

Your argument that “supporters aren’t willing to watch national league football” isn’t supported by the facts.
I never meant to say the fans arent willing to watch us at all in the national league,I'm stating our fans ride the waves of success.Did u know what our average crowds in the championship was? If u do then u will realise the crowds now are considerably lower!! Where have all those supporters gone?

I never meant to say the fans arent willing to watch us at all in the national league,I'm stating our fans ride the waves of success.Did u know what our average crowds in the championship was? If u do then u will realise the crowds now are considerably lower!! Where have all those supporters gone?

You do also realise that our home attendances were inflated by big Championship clubs bringing 1,800-2,000 fans with them every week, don't you? Compared to an average away attendance for visitors to Roots Hall this season of 250-300?

How can they be downgraded? 3 out of the 4 havent kicked a ball or if they did I must of missed it lol.I agree we definitely need to upgrade.
At least 2 out of 3 did kicked a ball, but they on big wages too. We can get 4 better players who wanted to play in front of bigger crowds. Apparently Dagenham players who smashed Wrexham 3-0, earn least than all 3 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back