• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The clear out

Which players will still be here next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably unfair to put the youngsters on the list, but yes, if they’re not even able to warm the bench, then yea.. bye

I think the reamaining games would be the perfect chance to give a few of them a game and see if they're worth sticking with.
I agree. See how they perform on the pitch and see if there is any potential identified. Some to keep...some to let go.

I'm down to keeping 14. Of those, in my heart I think at least 2 of the ones I picked should be released (Arnold, Hobson) and to start with a clean of a slate as possible.

Forgot all about Akinola. Interesting one... 50/50 on him as I think theres a player in there and some if not all the management team will know of him, but is he too damaged by his SUFC career that its time to move on.
Arnold? Seriously? He has been one of our players of the season and is a bloody good keeper at this level.

Mean's very little these days. He's useless, and we should do everything to get rid of these total leeches.
Only means little if other clubs are interested. Otherwise we would have to pay him off.

Apparently Maher seems to be a fan of his and will probably be a backup next season.

Mean's very little these days. He's useless, and we should do everything to get rid of these total leeches.
It means little if other clubs are interested, it means a lot if no one else is. Remember Matt Paterson? He was massively overpaid on a long term deal so we were stuck with him until it expired.

It’s who we think will be moved on, not who we would move on.

I think his contract will be hard to shift in a way that, say, Ferguson’s wasn’t.
I'm still a little bit hopeful that Tango will come in for him. Assuming he survives this season.

This is worth giving a thought to in our haste to discard. Some footballers might be far from the best, they're still human beings, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back