• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The clear out

Which players will still be here next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think loanees could play a big role next season. We can see the quality that is potentially available - why wouldn't you want 2 or 3 of them next season?

I have never been that keen on loan players.

The might get you a result but they don't really care about the team - just like court appointed lawyers and there are more bad ones out their than good - just like court appointed lawyers.

The might get you a result but they don't really care about the team - just like court appointed lawyers and there are more bad ones out their than good - just like court appointed lawyers.
Would have to disagree how can you say a loan player like lopata doesn’t care about the team just watch him play and his reactions

Would have to disagree how can you say a loan player like lopata doesn’t care about the team just watch him play and his reactions
Most court appointed briefs are happy with a suspended sentence but how many take up that offer of a celebration pint down the Hope Hotel?

Last edited:

I think most of our loan players this season have cared more than many of the permanent members of staff!

I guess the further you drop down the divisions - loan players from Prem or Championship become better quality relative to the players you can attract permanently - I think someone did some analysis at the start of the season and commented on the successful teams all utilised many loan players over the course of the season.

Plus if loan players wages are paid by their parent club - then financially it's attractive to.

In the last month:

Ferguson has joined Wealdstone
Walsh has joined Barnet
Seaden has had his contract terminated
Stewart has had his contract terminated

Coulson has joined Kings Lynn on a month’s loan
ANG has joined Ebbsfleet on a month’s loan

Rob Howard and Terrell Egbri have joined Farnborough on loan until the end of their contracts
Eren Kinali has joined Hendon on loan until the end of his contract
Jon Benton has joined Aveley on loan until the end of his contract
Miles Mitchell-Nelson has joined East Thurrock on a month’s loan

Matt Rush has joined Chelmsford on loan until the end of his contract
Tommy Davis has joined Welling on loan
Jimmy Wallace and Tommy Lambourne have joined Witham on loan
Jaden Crowhurst and Luke Reeve have joined Great Wakering on work experience
Demaray Anyadike has turned up at Hullbridge
Tendi Quamini has joined Walthamstow on a work experience loan

It’s not necessarily the end of the line for all - some are kids getting much needed experience - but that’s one hell of a job.

I wonder if Anton Robinson is involved in the departure side? Or is it mainly a case of telling the player you’re not in our plans and their agent doing the rest?

In the last month:

Ferguson has joined Wealdstone
Walsh has joined Barnet
Seaden has had his contract terminated
Stewart has had his contract terminated

Coulson has joined Kings Lynn on a month’s loan
ANG has joined Ebbsfleet on a month’s loan

Rob Howard and Terrell Egbri have joined Farnborough on loan until the end of their contracts
Eren Kinali has joined Hendon on loan until the end of his contract
Jon Benton has joined Aveley on loan until the end of his contract
Miles Mitchell-Nelson has joined East Thurrock on a month’s loan

Matt Rush has joined Chelmsford on loan until the end of his contract
Tommy Davis has joined Welling on loan
Jimmy Wallace and Tommy Lambourne have joined Witham on loan
Jaden Crowhurst and Luke Reeve have joined Great Wakering on work experience
Demaray Anyadike has turned up at Hullbridge
Tendi Quamini has joined Walthamstow on a work experience loan

It’s not necessarily the end of the line for all - some are kids getting much needed experience - but that’s one hell of a job.

I wonder if Anton Robinson is involved in the departure side? Or is it mainly a case of telling the player you’re not in our plans and their agent doing the rest?
Have Seaden or Stewart signed for anyone yet?

What's the situation with Gard?

His contract was up at the end of January but he played in our reserve game the other day.

I am delighted and pleased for him but mildly surprised.
But I am more than happy to leave sorting out the midfield to both KM and Benno!

Since the new management team have arrived the following have moved on

Permanently left
Harry Seaden
O’Shane Stewart
Nathan Ferguson
Louis Walsh

Returned to parent clubs
Kimpioka
Kargbo

Loaned out for rest of contract
John White
Miles Mitchell-Nelson
Rob Howard
Terrell Egbri
Jon Benton
Matt Rush

Loan (may be extended)
Josh Coulson
Ashley Nathaniel-George

[Also 3rd scholars seemingly moving on
Grossart
Unwin
Shala?]

That is some turnover. We’ve signed Kensdale, Davies, Husin, Wood, Cardwell and Powell plus Lopata and Neal on loan so we’ve actually had more departures than incomings.

Since the new management team have arrived the following have moved on

Permanently left
Harry Seaden
O’Shane Stewart
Nathan Ferguson
Louis Walsh

Returned to parent clubs
Kimpioka
Kargbo

Loaned out for rest of contract
John White
Miles Mitchell-Nelson
Rob Howard
Terrell Egbri
Jon Benton
Matt Rush

Loan (may be extended)
Josh Coulson
Ashley Nathaniel-George

[Also 3rd scholars seemingly moving on
Grossart
Unwin
Shala?]

That is some turnover. We’ve signed Kensdale, Davies, Husin, Wood, Cardwell and Powell plus Lopata and Neal on loan so we’ve actually had more departures than incomings.
Didn't know Shala and Unwin had left permantely

Didn't know Shala and Unwin had left permantely
They haven’t. Unwin is on trial at Swansea and I’m not sure what the story is with Shala. He turned up at Carshalton and there was then an announcement that he’d left but there was never an announcement that he’d joined on loan
Brunt is not on the list, but he was also an "in" on loan under the 3 Amigos too.
And an out! I left him out as he cancels himself out.

Which of these players do you think will still be here next season.

I’ve tried to identify in brackets who is still under contract, otherwise they are out of contract.

Players under contract would need to be paid off/find a club to take them.
Players on loan would need to be released by their parent clubs at the end of their contracts.
Did I imagine it or was it said that the first team squad would be a lot smaller next season, around 22 outfield players, which is still more than back in the 1970's the great teams played entire season with around 15 players!!
Higher Quality, younger faster and fitter and fewer loans but of course if the likes of Neal , Dennis , lopata could come back next season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back