• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The clear out

Which players will still be here next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the new management team have arrived the following have moved on

Permanently left
Harry Seaden
O’Shane Stewart
Nathan Ferguson
Louis Walsh

Returned to parent clubs
Kimpioka
Kargbo

Loaned out for rest of contract
John White
Miles Mitchell-Nelson
Rob Howard
Terrell Egbri
Jon Benton
Matt Rush

Loan (may be extended)
Josh Coulson
Ashley Nathaniel-George

[Also 3rd scholars seemingly moving on
Grossart
Unwin
Shala?]

That is some turnover. We’ve signed Kensdale, Davies, Husin, Wood, Cardwell and Powell plus Lopata and Neal on loan so we’ve actually had more departures than incomings.
Where’s John White gone ?

They haven’t. Unwin is on trial at Swansea and I’m not sure what the story is with Shala. He turned up at Carshalton and there was then an announcement that he’d left but there was never an announcement that he’d joined on loan

And an out! I left him out as he cancels himself out.
I can't see anything about Unwin being on trial at Swansea!

Where’s John White gone ?

I can't see anything about Unwin being on trial at Swansea!

Cheers for that. completely missed it!

I wonder if anyone has changed their mind on this?

There were 16 players who a majority thought would be back next season. Only one of them was a youngster from the u23s (Andeng Ndi)

Just changed my votes @Yorkshire Blue, "dropped" a few that previously I had thought worth another season.
And looking at some of the %votes on some under par players a re vote by many would give a truer zone opinion now it is April.

9 or 10 at best I’d be happy to retain. The rest, cheerio.

Huge surgery required this summer.

Well April as i stated would sort out the men from the boys and we still have WREXHAM and Boreham Wood to come. For sure there will be a massive clear out ,but whaat to do with some that have contracts is the question, Also why on earth cant Bridge get a game and timenow to drop Atkinson hes not the future and give WOOD and Gard some time.

But where are people going to clear out some of the players to?
Who says that another club would want them?

Don't worry yourself too much Baldy, we've re-housed a fair amount of our U23s already on loan or permanently and this isn't a new phenomenon to Clubs.

Those out of contract, it really doesn’t matter. Their deals won’t be renewed that they’ll be gone.

Those under contract still will be more difficult, but not impossible.

I'm down to keeping 14. Of those, in my heart I think at least 2 of the ones I picked should be released (Arnold, Hobson) and to start with a clean of a slate as possible.

Forgot all about Akinola. Interesting one... 50/50 on him as I think theres a player in there and some if not all the management team will know of him, but is he too damaged by his SUFC career that its time to move on.

I'm down to keeping 14. Of those, in my heart I think at least 2 of the ones I picked should be released (Arnold, Hobson) and to start with a clean of a slate as possible.

Forgot all about Akinola. Interesting one... 50/50 on him as I think theres a player in there and some if not all the management team will know of him, but is he too damaged by his SUFC career that its time to move on.

Can I ask why you would look to release Arnold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back