• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

so when the safety certificate is refused and Roots Hall is closed
will Ron Martin be

a/ sad - in tears at the demise of a classic football ground

b/ delighted - get the bulldozers - lets get started - and "no worries SUFC can go to Billericay/Daggers/Col U/ Gills - loads of other clubs have had to ground share"

BYW - I am

not saying he is deliberately running down the club ...

not saying he wanted relegation from Lge 1 (good player sales/wages down)

not saying he wanted relegation from Lge 2 (why not hire a very obedient joker from Nat lge south)

not saying everything is working out ion his favour and if he can take a few million for the shell of the club he has ripped apart so he can get on with his development he will (please!!)

FF should never ever been allowed ... its precious green
Seem to recall nothing can happen to RH until Southend have another stadium in the borough

Seem to recall nothing can happen to RH until Southend have another stadium in the borough

I have been told that as well ....

the problem is does a row of deck chairs next to a training pitch count ?

does a promise of "it will ready soon" count ?

does _ "heres the pretty pictures" only one season ground sharing count ?

No. Planning is clear. The replacement stadium must have the same capacity as Roots Hall, hence the phasing of 3 sides which will take it just over the current capacity. It's been pointed out ad nauseam.

No. Planning is clear. The replacement stadium must have the same capacity as Roots Hall, hence the phasing of 3 sides which will take it just over the current capacity. It's been pointed out ad nauseam.
Im sure everyones aware of that.

But everyones also aware Rons a slippery bugger and often finds his way around things. Thats the worry.

Im sure everyones aware of that.

But everyones also aware Rons a slippery bugger and often finds his way around things. Thats the worry.
I think the convenant is the best thing that this football club has signed in it's history. I wonder how many developers would have bulldozed it down by now, and got shot of the football club, if that wasn't in place.

I think the convenant is the best thing that this football club has signed in it's history. I wonder how many developers would have bulldozed it down by now, and got shot of the football club, if that wasn't in place.
Quite agree, however a few people have pointed out that a covenant can be "bought out".

I dont think that will happen in our case, but as usual over the last 25 years i'll believe it when im entering fossetts to watch a game.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TJC
Is it not the Landlords responsibility to maintain a rented or leased property in good habitable and legal condition, ensuring it meets all statutory requirements for Health and Safety?

I am sure Ron Martin being an experienced property developer would know this. :Hilarious:

Not normally for commercial leases. Normally tenants responsibility to maintain and return property in good condition at the end of the lease

But it IS our "Home".. :Smile:

What is a worry is the next time inspections come round to see if the ground is worth a safety certificate. I have doubts that certain parts of the stadium are vulnerable.

No.
No.
No.

Thats because its the only thing you want to see.

yup ... the acid has worn off ... the bad trip is over - and we are a mid table league one team - way stronger than Forest Green, Fleetwood, Stevenage, Col U, Accrington Stanley, cheltenham, Crawley, Burton, Morecombe and all the other poorly supported clubs that pay their bills ...

GOSH - for a moment I thought we were playing in the NON league - in a stadium that is falling down while the supporters were so full of magic mushrooms that they were love bombing the chairman ..

silly me - as Bowie sung - Get me to a doctor!!!

well thats ok then .. just me having an anxiety attack ..

Just for a moment I thought it was possible that our beloved chairman might sell us short.

Thanks Pale Blue ...

I mean the evidence is there. Use your point:

There have been "pretty pictures" of a new ground since the 80's and yet, Here we are, still in business, still with a ground.

no football club equals -

- no planning permission
- no FF on green field site
- no RH redevelopment -
- no cash

SUFC is RMs golden bullet -

no football club equals -

- no planning permission
- no FF on green field site
- no RH redevelopment -
- no cash

SUFC is RMs golden bullet -

So its absolutely essential for Ron to keep the club going, or he loses everything..... Thanks for calming some of fans down as they are worried we wont survive.

As you point out Ron would be mad not to the taxman. There was silly me thinking the council will still go ahead with the housing that suits them. In fact they might even build more where the stadium should have been.

Thats whats great about the zone. Some want Ron out at any cost but it needs a wise old head to bullet point the reasons why thats never going to happen 👍 👍

P. S keep dropping those tabs. They are clearly opening your mind to great knowledge..

So its absolutely essential for Ron to keep the club going, or he loses everything..... Thanks for calming some of fans down as they are worried we wont survive.

As you point out Ron would be mad not to the taxman. There was silly me thinking the council will still go ahead with the housing that suits them. In fact they might even build more where the stadium should have been.

Thats whats great about the zone. Some want Ron out at any cost but it needs a wise old head to bullet point the reasons why thats never going to happen 👍 👍

P. S keep dropping those tabs. They are clearly opening your mind to great knowledge..

nah - he can NOW shed the club he has trashed for a bit of money and walk off into his concrete hell hole at FF/RH and be happy ...

he has got everything he needs from SUFC =

AND to be clear unless you have difficulty undertsanding

He has guided SUFC into the semi proffessional non league -

He is an utter and total failure ..

Back