• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Marcel Desailly is hilarious, he comes out with some very random English words to describe things. Last night he talked about Spain's "sensitivity" and I couldn't believe it when he suggested Spain were playing badly and should stick another striker up front.

As for Motty's replacement, I like Jonathan Pearce a lot. Can't stand Alan Green, for his voice if nothing else.

The Beeb should be looking outside it's borders for 'the new Motty'. My favourite two commentators are John Champion and Peter Brackley who seem to possess most of the qualities necessary for good, unobtrusive and entertaining commentary.

That said, the Tyler/Gray partnership at Sky outstrips everyone else by a country mile.

Has anyone ever switched the fans commentary on when watching a premiership match on Sky Sports? I think it is called something like Fanzone? Its hilarious and you have a fan from each team playing both commentating on the game and listening to them shows that you dont need to be an ex-professional to be funny or a good commentator.

Alan Green used to actually be ok. I thought so, at least. A decade ago he'd describe the game well, add a lot of emotion which came across well on the radio and throw in the odd opinion himself which added some colour to proceedings. Now he's all about his own opinions and has become even worse since he got the 6-0-6 gig (note to the Beeb - just give it back to Danny Baker).

Green needs to decide whether he's a commentator or a pundit because he can't do both. He spent the whole of his 22 minutes in the first half last night moaning about Ballack feigning injury in the build-up to the final when the bloke could barely move for most of the game.

since he got the 6-0-6 gig (note to the Beeb - just give it back to Danny Baker).
Of course they should. But they haven't got the balls to - not after Baker launched into a tirade about refs in the 6-0-6 show that effectively got him the sack.

It's a shame. I heard Danny's last 6-0-6 show (the one referred to above) and it was, without doubt, the most gripping hour of radio I've ever heard. Baker is a genius behind the mike on shows like 6-0-6, and no one the Beeb has appointed since has even got to within 5% of Danny's charisma and ability.

Hey ho.

Matt

I'd like to see a BBC pundit bench of Peter Schmeichel, Marcel Desailly and Jose Mourinho all taking it in turns to contradict and outshout each other for 90 minutes.

Some of the quotable material would be immense

Marcel Desailly should never be made a coach, please tell me im not the only person who saw this part of the interview..

With Spain 1-0 up at half time, cruising through the game and destroying the Germans with there superior 5 man midfield, with Torres casuing more than enough trouble on his own up front, his suggestion to Spain was to take one of the midfielders off and push a second man up front.... i think he must have seriously been watching a different game

Marcel Desailly should never be made a coach, please tell me im not the only person who saw this part of the interview..

With Spain 1-0 up at half time, cruising through the game and destroying the Germans with there superior 5 man midfield, with Torres casuing more than enough trouble on his own up front, his suggestion to Spain was to take one of the midfielders off and push a second man up front.... i think he must have seriously been watching a different game

It was ridiculous, wasn't it?

His gripe seemed to be that they weren't playing as dynamically as they had done at other times in the tournament and that they needed to kill the game off, something which I did admittedly think might come back to haunt them, but to change a winning side? Martin O'Neill said it all when he said "If I went into that dressing room as manager, and hauled off a player or two in a Final where you're dominating and controlling the game, there'd be a few dispondent faces..."

Of course they should. But they haven't got the balls to - not after Baker launched into a tirade about refs in the 6-0-6 show that effectively got him the sack.

It's a shame. I heard Danny's last 6-0-6 show (the one referred to above) and it was, without doubt, the most gripping hour of radio I've ever heard. Baker is a genius behind the mike on shows like 6-0-6, and no one the Beeb has appointed since has even got to within 5% of Danny's charisma and ability.

Hey ho.

Matt

I trust you've heard the Baker and Kelly podcasts?

Back