• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum - What are the facts, Where are the facts

The electorate surely will not be silly with their vote?

Bottom line is remain in the EU and potentially 500 million can come live here,scary stuff.

500 million - better get that extra runway up and running ASAP.

That kind of misinformation you only get from Nigel Farage. I feel kinda sorry for him that he finally gets his chance to shine and the only media attention he gets is about him clinging on to power within the party.

'The latest spat between the two men was trigged on Thursday when speaking at a Brexit debate in Westminster on Thursday evening, Farage dismissed the importance of his only MP.

"He can do what he likes. I don’t care. He is irrelevant," he said.

"I've never known Ukip more excited or united than it currently is. It’s very sad that Douglas Carswell can’t share that enthusiasm, or chooses to opt for the SW1 model of Vote Leave. You know what. It doesn’t really matter."

Farage and Carswell are backing rival 'Out' campaigns for the EU referendum. Carswell supports Vote Leave. But Farage has thrown his weight behind Grassroots Out (GO).

In December, Carswell said Ukip should replace Farage as leader if it wanted to "go the next level". Last week it was reported senior Ukip figures wanted to expel Carswell for backing a rival referendum campaign to Farage.

Farage also moved against another senior Ukip figure last week - firing former deputy chairman Suzanne Evans from yet another party post.'

So should the UK electorate vote "in" will that be the end of UKIP & Farage? Alternatively if we vote "out" is that the end for Cameron & Osbourn?

So should the UK electorate vote "in" will that be the end of UKIP & Farage?

Doubt it. Not a huge fan of them despite my lean towards Brexit. But if they have any sense, if the electorate votes to remain, they'll wait in the wings. To be there when - several years down the line - the "status quo" that the remainers thought they were voting for (which isn't appealing anyway) proves to be anything but and they realise what a huge mistake they've made when the EU and the Eurozone finally implode, tip over the edge and down the ******* and take this country with them......which they will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The EU's latest crazy deal !

Give Turkey 3 billion quid ,promise their membership of the EU will be speedier to join.

God save us all.

Doubt it. Not a huge fan of them despite my lean towards Brexit. But if they have any sense, if the electorate votes to remain, they'll wait in the wings. To be there when - several years down the line - the "status quo" that the remainers thought they were voting for (which isn't appealing anyway) proves to be anything but and they realise what a huge mistake they've made when the EU and the Eurozone finally implode, tip over the edge and down the ******* and take this country with them......which they will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The EU's latest crazy deal !

Give Turkey 3 billion quid ,promise their membership of the EU will be speedier to join.

God save us all.

So scaremongering isn't just the preserve of the press then.....

The way Turkey shoot down Russian fighter jets should have us all hiding under the duvet.

Why? Russian forces have been encroaching into forbidden territory for a while now with the intention of intimidation. They got a stern warning in Turkey. Off thread subject I know!

Why? Russian forces have been encroaching into forbidden territory for a while now with the intention of intimidation. They got a stern warning in Turkey. Off thread subject I know!

Depends if you want WW3 or not,Russia play their game every day and yes Turkey ain't playing it,however if Putin deemed Turkey to be aggressors then we will all be drawn in.

Depends if you want WW3 or not,Russia play their game every day and yes Turkey ain't playing it,however if Putin deemed Turkey to be aggressors then we will all be drawn in.

Its all about brinkmanship in the region and the Russian mentality recognises strength and an intention to use it. The Turks aren't stupid, they know that doing it again wouldn't be clever, but the Russians got the message loud and clear. I very much doubt that America wasn't aware beforehand as well. Like I said, a international game of brinkmanship. And I'm still off topic, so I'll stop now.

Its all about brinkmanship in the region and the Russian mentality recognises strength and an intention to use it. The Turks aren't stupid, they know that doing it again wouldn't be clever, but the Russians got the message loud and clear. I very much doubt that America wasn't aware beforehand as well. Like I said, a international game of brinkmanship. And I'm still off topic, so I'll stop now.

Very true,

But the Turk's are trigger happy and highly dangerous,hence when they join the EU it will be carnage.

So scaremongering isn't just the preserve of the press then.....

How is it scaremongering? It's a fact that the EU is in a total mess right now and isn't fit for purpose economically OR politically. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. It's falling apart and if we leave then other dissenting countries will probably grow the balls to do the same.

The fact is that as much as the remainers drone on about "better the devil you know" and an exit being "a risky leap into the dark", they can't tell me what the EU will be like in 1, 5 or 10 years any more than I can tell you what a Brexit will be like. The EU won't stay as it is now, I can assure you of that. Remainers say that Brexiters have no idea what leaving will entail, but you have no idea what staying in will entail either. All these arguments for staying in and maintaining the "status quo" are garbage because there won't be a status quo. It will continue to evolve and not, IMO, in a positive way. The Eurozone will continue to integrate further leaving the UK on the periphery because we had the intelligence to say no to the Euro but still have to accept and adopt the EU's and Eurozone financial and business regulation - which has been drawn up to be relevant 28 vastly different economies in both make-up and performance.

The day we're able to have our own government (you know.....the one that this country elected) draw up our own regulations so that they can be tailored to our economy and our economy only, this country might realise its potential. Some people call it a leap into the dark, I call it a chance to have a flexible and adaptable economy which will have a better chance of achieving its potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it scaremongering? It's a fact that the EU is in a total mess right now and isn't fit for purpose economically OR politically. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. It's falling apart and if we leave then other dissenting countries will probably grow the balls to do the same.

The fact is that as much as the remainers drone on about "better the devil you know" and an exit being "a risky leap into the dark", they can't tell me what the EU will be like in 1, 5 or 10 years any more than I can tell you what a Brexit will be like. The EU won't stay as it is now, I can assure you of that. Remainers say that Brexiters have no idea what leaving will entail, but you have no idea what staying in will entail either. All these arguments for staying in and maintaining the "status quo" are garbage because there won't be a status quo. It will continue to evolve and not, IMO, in a positive way. The Eurozone will continue to integrate further leaving the UK on the periphery because we had the intelligence to say no to the Euro but still have to accept and adopt the EU's and Eurozone financial and business regulation - which has been drawn up to be relevant 28 vastly different economies in both make-up and performance.

The day we're able to have our own government (you know.....the one that this country elected) draw up our own regulations so that they can be tailored to our economy and our economy only, this country might realise its potential. Some people call it a leap into the dark, I call it a chance to have a flexible and adaptable economy which will have a better chance of achieving its potential.

I agree with every word ,

If we leave,then other countries will quickly follow suit,that is the fear from Brussels and it will end in tears.

Look how the EU have treated some of it's members,Greece Spain Portual and Ireland have all been crushed with mass unemployment and all virtually bankrupt.

So talking of "exploding" and "taking this country with them" isn't hyperbole and scaremongering? The Brexiters have no idea how leaving (or remaining) in the EU will impact on the country. I see leaving as a huge, huge gamble, and one I'm not prepared to put my family through.

If Europe can keep a check on the excesses of our "elected" Government (isn't less than 35% of the actual electorate that voted for the current Government?) then I'm all for remaining in the EU.

Back