• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The General

The Mouse (*)
I knwo we've had his before but f**k it. Watched it after buying it on Ebay and it is quality. Can't see them releasing it though, unless its majorly re-edited. What has Tom (or Dorian) been in before? I recognise him from somewhere ... but i cant for the life of me think where. Lock Stock? Does the film end once the dude dies in the toilet? Seemed an abrupt end to a good film. Was quality though and funny as f**k. For anyone who doesnt know what its about ... its about the Chelsea firm who go to THS, Liverpool and Millwall in the FA Cup and it has lots of swearing, lots of fightin' and lots of drugs.

Cheerz

Kev

cool.gif

ah Kev, you should have said if you'd wanted a copy, I've got another spare copy sitting here - hope you didn't pay too much!

The main character (Tommy Johnson) is played by Danny Dyer of Human Traffic fame. The guy from Lock Stock is the character Billy Bright who is played by Frank Harper. The irony is that Frank Harper is a bit of a Millwall boy in real life and yet in this he plays a Chelsea fan! The other familiar face is Old Man Farrell who is currently wooing Nana Moon in Eastenders and also played the part of Tinker in Lovejoy.

Only a fiver altogether so no i didnt really. Good investment ... especially if it doesn't get released. Tommy must have been in something else but i might have seen him in Human Traffic. Gawd knows. My memory is sh*t.
biggrin.gif

Fav. character?? Prob Zeeb for me. Best Moment?? Best bit was when Tommy's mate was having lunch on the day of the Milwall game with his new bird and goes on about how he loves to kick the sh*t out of people while with his birds family although the dude gettin punched at the start was quality.

Kev

me and all my mates have been eating the lingo for a few months now JOG ON!

I love it when they pull the two birds in the nightclub - "Come on lets get on it, a couple of cheeky tequilas!" and when he's walking her back from the cab Danny Dyer comes out with possibly the best chat up line ever! "I can't wait to see your fanny!" I did use it cheekily on a girl I was going home with a couple of months back and I didn't get killed! If she sees the film I'm dead though!

Latest news on a cinema release is May according to Zoo magazine this week - right before Euro 2004....

Quality. I'm gunna spoil it for every muddaf**ka at school. Haha. Forgot about the club scene. "shall we get on it!?" "shall we?!" "barmen, barmen, get these 2 a couple of cheeky tequilas!!". LOL. It would have been nice for the girls to have a bit of action as them 2 prats fall asleep. Next morning ... clunk!!

Kev

laugh.gif

just found this on the official site for the film.

"We are aware of a pirate copy of The Football Factory currently on sale. Please do not buy/borrow/rent this as it has nothing to do with the actual film. This is not the directors cut but a very early version which was put together by an assistant Editor. The Football Factory which is at the cinema's in May is a far superior version and we want you to enjoy the Film as intended."

My mate writes for Hotdog magazine and said their has been some problems on set with the editors and director. I will be interested to see how much the finished version differs.

Official FF Site

Sorry boys but I thought it was cr*p.

I don't see how a directors cut is going to save it unless the new cut is made up of bits of other, better films!

The script was awful. I hated lock stock etc. but this was a million times worse. At least half of the film was along the lines of:

"Are you mugging me off you slag? I should open you up"

or

"Are you slagging me off you mug? I should open you up"

It reminded me of the 'Cor blimey it's a right old Cockney barrel of monkeys' film sketch from the fast show!

The film is definately pitched towards the teenage FHM/Loaded audience. There's nothing wrong with that but I want a bit more than a bit of swearing, some lock-stock-esque banter, a few fights and a few Oasis songs to keep me entertained.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 01 2004,08:09)]I hated lock stock etc.
Ah, therein lies the weakness of your argument. Lock Stock is pure gold, mate.

The line, and the delivery of the line, "fackin' norvern monkeys!" is a treasured moment of cinema, for me. Absolutely superb.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 26 2004,20:14)]I knwo we've had his before but f**k it. Watched it after buying it on Ebay and it is quality. Can't see them releasing it though, unless its majorly re-edited. What has Tom (or Dorian) been in before? I recognise him from somewhere ...
He was in 'Mean Machine' (the sh*t remake with Vinny Jones) He played the dopey lad who scored the winning goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ April 01 2004,10:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 26 2004,20:14)]I knwo we've had his before but f**k it. Watched it after buying it on Ebay and it is quality. Can't see them releasing it though, unless its majorly re-edited. What has Tom (or Dorian) been in before? I recognise him from somewhere ...
He was in 'Mean Machine' (the sh*t remake with Vinny Jones) He played the dopey lad who scored the winning goal.
Well done Al. Think that was it. Knew i recognised him from somwhere.

Kev

cool.gif

P.s. I reckon they just might be saying that to make everyone go to the movies and watch it. I was going to anyway but i reckon they'll keep a high percentage of it.

P.p.s. I'll try not to forget it Shags!!

tounge.gif

Just seen the trailer ... there's only one mini-scene which i dont recognise. Something tells me the producers are just saying that.

Kev

cool.gif

Just looked at the trailer on the official site and I see nothing new from the boot-leg copy I have already viewed. Saved a trip to the flicks by the look of it.

theres nothing really in the trailer that wasn't in the bootleg version, hmmm

So basically, if you've seen the first copy ... dont go and watch it at the cinema!

Kev

wink.gif

Back