• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Gamers Thread

Anyone played the 2010 World Cup game yet ?

Played it last night, the penalties are nie on impossible, and I wasn't even playing as England.

199 playable countries ain't too bad either.

Anyone played the 2010 World Cup game yet ?

Played it last night, the penalties are nie on impossible, and I wasn't even playing as England.

199 playable countries ain't too bad either.

Downloaded the demo, played a couple of games, went out and bought it the following day!

Really enjoy it. The gameplay and graphics have been improved (slightly for the gameplay, quite a lot for graphics) from FIFA 10. Agree about the penalties though. Either straight down the middle or its going wide. Thats the only downside I've found so far - wish they had kept the penalties the same as FIFA 10.

The Story of Qualifying extras on the game are a good touch, but the ones I've tried so far are quite hard. Increases the re-playability though, as other World Cup/Euros games I've had I got bored of quickly.

Downloaded the demo, played a couple of games, went out and bought it the following day!

Really enjoy it. The gameplay and graphics have been improved (slightly for the gameplay, quite a lot for graphics) from FIFA 10. Agree about the penalties though. Either straight down the middle or its going wide. Thats the only downside I've found so far - wish they had kept the penalties the same as FIFA 10.

The Story of Qualifying extras on the game are a good touch, but the ones I've tried so far are quite hard. Increases the re-playability though, as other World Cup/Euros games I've had I got bored of quickly.

The gameplay is superb, will have to purchase when I pull the funds together, there is a tutorial on how to 'master' the penalties but I don't know why they've changed that.

thinking of getting Alan Wake released tomorrow i haven't had a good 3rd person scare em up type game for ages resident evil was **** but bioshock 2 (1st person) was awesome a must get in my eyes, well till i trade it in tomorrow.

An i now think after extensive play of all the Cod's an battlefields that i prefer the battlefield games there more expansive an the levels get ruined as you play not just the odd window or barrel like Cod

Roll on red dead redemption though cant wait for that baby to arrive!!!

The real fighting games were:

International Karate
Way of the exploding fist
Karate champ

Last edited:
Red Dead Redemption

One word AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Online Reviews:
Game Reactor 100%
G4 TV 100%
Gamer.nl 100%
IGN UK 98%
IGN US 97%
1Up 95%
Nowgamer 94%
Edge 90%
Eurogamer 80%

Magazine Reviews:
Official Playstation Magazine UK 100%
Playmania 98%
Game Informer 98%
PSM3 Magazine Australia 95%
PSM3 Magazine UK 94%
Games TM 90%
Xbox 360 Magazine 90%

Average Rating: 94.94%

26.jpg

Been playing for 10mins. Brilliant!!

There was some glitch issues that rockstar have ALREADY released a patch update for!

You have to hand it to rockstar games they don't skimp when it comes detail and giving the user maximum value and game play for their money and the speed that they come out with an update is just an example to all the other game producers.

Taken from a poster on the Red Dead forums...

The Atmosphere and details!!!
This game is just so amazing, awesome graphics, beautiful surroundings.

Tumbleweed rolling along, wind blowing sand in the air while your clothes move in the wind, rain pouring down on the countryside causing poodles everywhere. And thunderstorms.. oh my, so awesome!

Wildlife that changes depending on the time of day/night, vultures that sit on the wooden entrance of a ghost town, telling you get out of here or your dead.

Seeing clouds move at night uncovering the moon giving you some more light in the darkness while you are looking for a spot to set up camp, hearing gun shots in the distance and hearing the howling of wolves and coyotes coming closer and closer to you while your horse starts to get nervous, until it starts to move around anxiously and runs off..

Also the town life is so amazingly detailed. Take for example the Saloon at Armadillo. At 6 AM in the morning you will find no one in there, not even a barman or a cleaner. Around noon or so you will start seeing the personal go in the saloon starting to get things ready. Around 4PM people start quitting there job and start getting in to the saloon (still not busy however). People start to drink but are sober. Later in the evening the Saloon starts to get busy, weird folk start to get in and people get drunk (you can hear it in the way they talk and how they move, some can hardly walk). Later at night (2PM or so) people start to leave, after the customers have left. The personal will start cleaning and when finished leave until it's completely empty again.

How awesome is that? Amazing job Rockstar!

it's amazing, simply amazing!!

my favourite activities include herding cattle, picking wild flowers and shooting rabbits

Top top game best ive played since grand theft auto, tiny bit glitchy though on a rare occasion, still totally amazed by it so far after 9hours of play. A true must for any gamer oh and the multi-play is superb

Back