• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Just be aware that if you have your 4th tomorrow you will not be able to have your booster come autumn as you will require 6 months since last vaccination of 3 months at the discretion of the clinician administering
Which is preciely why my wife has been holding off having the 4th Jab.Nice of her to tell me afterwards. :Winking: (but I suppose I agree with the logic).

Wife’s going down with it which is putting my return back to UK next Thursday in an interesting spot. The Covid rules in HK are still ridiculous though hotel quarantine is now ONLY 7 Days!!!!

If I contract it in the UK I can’t fly back to HK for 14 days from the diagnosis (I would need a medical certificate) and then an official Covid recovery certificate. Even if I recover the CT levels are also ridiculous. The amount of incomers testing repositive after a negative PCR 48 hours before the flight is ridiculous. I would get better treatment in HK as a repositive than a new positive. My biggest issue is there is no availability at the QT hotels so if I contract it in the UK I’m going to struggle to get back before October

We’re now debating what to do including potentially cancelling the trip.

@ORM it is not report mandatory in the UK so you ought to be able to sneak it.
What home games are you targeting?
The problem is not the UK the problem is getting back to HK. If I get stuck in the UK due to no quarantine hotel availability there are potential tax implications for me. I can only spend 92 days of a tax year in UK. They exempted a couple of years back due to Covid but that’s gone. I already have to pay a massive 15 per cent on my earnings ha ha

The problem is not the UK the problem is getting back to HK. If I get stuck in the UK due to no quarantine hotel availability there are potential tax implications for me. I can only spend 92 days of a tax year in UK. They exempted a couple of years back due to Covid but that’s gone. I already have to pay a massive 15 per cent on my earnings ha ha
Have you thought about becoming an MP, tax evasion is high on required traits list?

That's my GP too, I haven't been in there for years apart from the Vaccine Centre that was over the road (Old Lloyds Bank)?

The GOV need to give us some updates with what's going on.

You don’t need the GOV….. Masks don’t work, neither do jabs but they do have serious side effects.

Just ask the winner of Wimbledon.

You don’t need the GOV….. Masks don’t work, neither do jabs but they do have serious side effects.

Using one of the fittest men in the world as evidence that jabs aren't necessary (when we know Covid usually hits older people and less physically fit people harder) is a pretty poor comparison.

Interesting idea, ask a tennis player about health, pharmaceutical and biology matters? And take that over scientists, doctors and experts?
Seriously?
It is not top athletes that get serious issues, hospital admissions or death; but they might get long covid. Or may become a conduit for spreading like the supposed first super spreader who unknowingly returned to the UK from skiing and unintentionally passed it on.

How can it be 30 plus months down the timeline and still talk and comprehension is folly and simplistic?

Using one of the fittest men in the world as evidence that jabs aren't necessary (when we know Covid usually hits older people and less physically fit people harder) is a pretty poor comparison.

Not really, I’m talking about side effects rather than Covid. Many of the fittest people like footballers and tennis players have died or had serious career ending side effects from the jab. Those who’s hearts work harder are more at risk from the jab than Covid

Anyway i wasn’t using him as an example, i meant it’s worth listening to his reasons why he won’t have the jab. Or look up some excellent podcasts with Matt Le Tissier….. They are backed up by science.

Curiously today I was told by someone that the vaccines had shards of glass in them and that was what was giving people heart attacks. They also said the injections were being done incorrectly and bring put directly into the blood stream. Hey ho.

Curiously today I was told by someone that the vaccines had shards of glass in them and that was what was giving people heart attacks. They also said the injections were being done incorrectly and bring put directly into the blood stream. Hey ho.

I wouldn't believe everything you're told.

To those of you that are content with the rising temperatures, enjoy.

To everyone else who is starting to struggle with the rise in temperature, please take extra care over the next few days. Follow advice from the experts and react accordingly.

1657955380411.png

To those of you that are content with the rising temperatures, enjoy.

To everyone else who is starting to struggle with the rise in temperature, please take extra care over the next few days. Follow advice from the experts and react accordingly.

View attachment 21043

Follow advice from experts?…… Have a cold beer in the shade, a swim in the sea.

This post confuses me so much and I've tried so hard to not bite to statements like this but the stupidity just astounds me! Vaccines DO NOT STOP YOU CATCHING SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They try to reduce the affects if you were to catch it. Unbelievable people still can't get that into their heads.
You've taken what i said out of context. Of course vaccines don't eradicate .... what i meant was that despite being up to date on vaccines, I'm surprised the symptoms are as strong, this virus seems to be finding a way through. I feel as unwell as the 2nd time. I don't expect not to get it again, just not as strong, as like the flu vaccine when you do get the flu, it's at a lesser extent than with it. Seems not the case with covid.

I think you need to take some calms and relax a little ... so angry over a minor thing said, it's really not good for you. I have a number of a therapist if you need one. I feel better already, knowing there are others with deeper issues!!

Not really, I’m talking about side effects rather than Covid. Many of the fittest people like footballers and tennis players have died or had serious career ending side effects from the jab. Those who’s hearts work harder are more at risk from the jab than Covid

Anyway i wasn’t using him as an example, i meant it’s worth listening to his reasons why he won’t have the jab. Or look up some excellent podcasts with Matt Le Tissier….. They are backed up by science.
Matt le Tissier and ‘backed up by science’ ?? Hahaha….must admit you’re good for a laugh…..

@Sensei Phil do you think it is close contact with lots of younger folk in your karate which is increasing the risk of covid recirculating?

And I hope the FA and NL have contingency plans for season interruptions to teams, fixtures , leagues and cups, in place, clear and shared with the clubs as there will be squad infections, and subsequent impacts.

Last edited:
Back