• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Millwall sold 1,000 tickets already. Would be really disappointed if we don't pull in a decent crowd.

As for the resting, it depends. In the past we have lost after having a break and the manager has said, 'not playing meant we wasn't match sharp'.
On the other hand, we have won after a break and the manager said, 'the rest done us the world of good'.
As long as your training properly it shouldn't dictate a massive change either way.
I guess it just gives they guys with knocks a little longer to recover.

No Pre-Match Thread yet, so I thought I would post it on here:

Match Officials have been announced:

Southend United v Millwall

SIMON HOOPER
Stuart Butler and Ravel Cheosiaua
Fourth Official Andy Davies

No Pre-Match Thread yet, so I thought I would post it on here:

Match Officials have been announced:

Southend United v Millwall

SIMON HOOPER
Stuart Butler and Ravel Cheosiaua
Fourth Official Andy Davies

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surely not Hooper, the FA must have clod for brains in letting him anywhere near either our games or anything of importance.:sad:

Oh no not the Hooper again! Certainly won't be getting a penalty then. How can such mediocre refs be given such appointments?

I really dont know much about the ref's to be fair, But im gonna go out on a limb on this one, and guessing from the above posts, this is'nt a good thing?? Is he that bad??

....I just googled him, and he seems to like dishing out the cards as if there going out of fashion, however according to soccerbase he was the match official for our 2-1 win at home with Peterborough, so hopefully that trend will continue?

hooper from Brighton board- Simon Hooper- referee, cheat or just an incompetent buffoon?
from Burnley board-
Excellent performance, with not showing Sears a yellow for the early foul on Mee, the only thing I think he got wrong all night.

Looking around other boards it is the same story. A mixed bag with some saying he is hopeless and some saying he's one of the best.

Thats the life for a ref guess. He's done prem games so must be rated.

I've noticed that from the 20th October until the 22nd November, he has given out 20 yellow cards and a red card.

I really dont know much about the ref's to be fair, But im gonna go out on a limb on this one, and guessing from the above posts, this is'nt a good thing?? Is he that bad??

....I just googled him, and he seems to like dishing out the cards as if there going out of fashion, however according to soccerbase he was the match official for our 2-1 win at home with Peterborough, so hopefully that trend will continue?

Rubbish.

If you want to find fault with Hooper (and it's not difficult based on his recent Southend games) it is not that he has shown excessive cards. He's shown 49 yellows and just 1 red in 20 matches. Well below the average.

from Burnley board-
Excellent performance, with not showing Sears a yellow for the early foul on Mee, the only thing I think he got wrong all night.

Looking around other boards it is the same story. A mixed bag with some saying he is hopeless and some saying he's one of the best.

Thats the life for a ref guess. He's done prem games so must be rated.

I saw that match; he got plenty wrong.

When you say "He's done prem games", he's actually only done one (first match of the season) and made such a mess of it he's not had one since.

Is he the one that did Gills away? :unsure:

Play off finals, missed defo pen for shove on BBBC and gave us nought all game. After that he ref'd Norwich game and disallowed a peach of a goal - overhead kick for high feet! Both big decisions universally seen as wrong without the need of slow mo/TV etc.

On a plus, great service at club shop this morning and got game added to my season card, for my seat,and all done with a smile and a chat.
The SUFC, new style bobble hats seem to be best sellers.

Reckon we might see quite a decent gate for this one.

Probably 1500 miiiiiiwalll and 5-6k of shrimpers.

Would have been a cracking 2 legged southern final though.

Reckon we might see quite a decent gate for this one.

Probably 1500 miiiiiiwalll and 5-6k of shrimpers.

Would have been a cracking 2 legged southern final though.

i got a text from a mate earlier saying he heard that a number of tickets are being bought up by Wet Spam supporters? Is this in any way true... This can only mean one thing - trouble :-(

i got a text from a mate earlier saying he heard that a number of tickets are being bought up by Wet Spam supporters? Is this in any way true... This can only mean one thing - trouble :-(

Rumours, rumours, rumours. It only means trouble if it's true but that's the thing about rumours, they aren't often true.

Back