• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane The Moon Landings

True or not?

• Yes we went to the moon.

Votes: 29 90.6%
  • No it was all faked.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
Believe it or not, there are now 12 people that have walked on the moon. I wonder if the non believers of the first landing, think all the others are fake as well?

Not many people know that Neil Armstrong was never meant to be the first man on the moon. It would have been Virgil 'Gus' Grissom but he was killed along with his 2 crew in a test accident whilst on the ground. A fire broke out in the capsule and because of safety floors they couldn't get out and were burned alive.

Gus Grissom had become critical of the project and even said so to the press. Some believe he had smelt a rat and he had even told his wife he though he would probably die in an 'accident'

Grissom's son campaigned and was finally allowed access to the fire damaged capsule about 30 years later He produced a detailed report showing why it was deliberate sabotage.

Of course as is always the way, most of you will be thinking but you cant cover that up, it cant be true......Someone would speak up

So look up a man called Thomas Barron and see what happens when you do.

Then look up operation mockingbird and you'll know why you are never remotely told the truth.

If you really want to overcome your fears look up what happened to William Colby, the only CIA director to speak publicly (he admitted to the Mockingbird operation)

Then if you still don't fear the truth I'll tell what happened with the CIA after Colby left.

So how do we know it is lunar? Did we have another rock to compare it to.

There are always meteorites striking Earth, which are Lunar in origin. So scientists do have the composition details of this kind of material, on file.

And it’s not only the Americans who have brought Moon rock back. The Russians have also done so. I’d expect they would have aired their findings publicly, if any discrepancies with the American’s rocks, had arisen.

By the latest theory by scientists (so it must be true). Is that another planet crashed into earth and that is what formed the moon.....Which makes earth older than the moon

I’m not that well up on the Giant Impact Theory, but from what I know, the idea goes that two planets collided, and the debris from that impact bound together to form our moon.

That doesn’t necessarily make Earth older than the moon, it just makes The Earth older than the moon is, in its current form/description. However, the particles that made up that Moon, could be greatly older than Earth.

Through testing, it’s easy to see why some pieces of moon rock, would be older than our Earth.

I will concede that it’s possible that those parts of Moon rock, did originate on Earth, although you’ve got to admit that the chances of an astronaut picking up one of those pieces - from the billions he could have picked up - just happens to be one that came from Earth four billion years previously, are pretty slim.

Not many people know that Neil Armstrong was never meant to be the first man on the moon. It would have been Virgil 'Gus' Grissom but he was killed along with his 2 crew in a test accident whilst on the ground. A fire broke out in the capsule and because of safety floors they couldn't get out and were burned alive.

Gus Grissom had become critical of the project and even said so to the press. Some believe he had smelt a rat and he had even told his wife he though he would probably die in an 'accident'

Grissom's son campaigned and was finally allowed access to the fire damaged capsule about 30 years later He produced a detailed report showing why it was deliberate sabotage.

Of course as is always the way, most of you will be thinking but you cant cover that up, it cant be true......Someone would speak up

Then look up operation mockingbird and you'll know why you are never remotely told the truth.

If you really want to overcome your fears look up what happened to William Colby, the only CIA director to speak publicly (he admitted to the Mockingbird operation)

Then if you still don't fear the truth I'll tell what happened with the CIA after Colby left.

That could all be true, and in fact I’m not even going to dispute it, but it still doesn’t counter the fact that we have Moon rock, here on our planet, which has been analysed, tested & unanimously verified, by every space agency on the planet.

I’m no scientist, nor have I ever been to The Moon. But I put my trust in these findings, because there are so many different people, saying the same thing.

If it was spurious, someone would have said so by now.

Well I know that’s a lie, Wallace and gromit have been there and brought back some excellent cheese.
Savage Garden have been there as well. Well, at least wanted to. It involved a contract about someone’s baby.

There are always meteorites striking Earth, which are Lunar in origin. So scientists do have the composition details of this kind of material, on file.

And it’s not only the Americans who have brought Moon rock back. The Russians have also done so. I’d expect they would have aired their findings publicly, if any discrepancies with the American’s rocks, had arisen.

I’m not that well up on the Giant Impact Theory, but from what I know, the idea goes that two planets collided, and the debris from that impact bound together to form our moon.

That doesn’t necessarily make Earth older than the moon, it just makes The Earth older than the moon is, in its current form/description. However, the particles that made up that Moon, could be greatly older than Earth.

Through testing, it’s easy to see why some pieces of moon rock, would be older than our Earth.

I will concede that it’s possible that those parts of Moon rock, did originate on Earth, although you’ve got to admit that the chances of an astronaut picking up one of those pieces - from the billions he could have picked up - just happens to be one that came from Earth four billion years previously, are pretty slim.

That could all be true, and in fact I’m not even going to dispute it, but it still doesn’t counter the fact that we have Moon rock, here on our planet, which has been analysed, tested & unanimously verified, by every space agency on the planet.

I’m no scientist, nor have I ever been to The Moon. But I put my trust in these findings, because there are so many different people, saying the same thing.

If it was spurious, someone would have said so by now.

The obvious question would be, whats to stop anyone who finds a lunar meteorite claiming they brought it back from the moon.

By the way there is a very good 2 part documentary on Youtube called How big oil conquered the world. Well worth a watch by everyone. Its not full of conspiracy theories but you will learn a great deal.

One of the things covered is who funds 'scientific studies' and why. You might have a better understanding of how Volkswagen conned the world.....Or indeed how Celotex managed to sell highly flammable cladding for high rise buildings......And why nobody in Government or the media is highlighting this.

Great institutes that people have absolute blind faith in, like the Smithsonian have always been controlled.

In the height of Apollo over 250,000 people worked on the project. Hundreds of contractors and sub contractors worked for NASA. In order for the hoax to work a lot of the people working on the project would have to be kept silent. They would still have to build a big rocket to make it look believable and launch it. The command module and LM would still have to travel to moon as it would be tracked by the Russians and us/ Jodrell Bank. So maybe it might be easier to just land than fake it and keep everyone silent. In the past 10 years satellites have gone over the lunar surface and photographed the landing sites and everything is still there, but maybe these are faked?

In the height of Apollo over 250,000 people worked on the project. Hundreds of contractors and sub contractors worked for NASA. In order for the hoax to work a lot of the people working on the project would have to be kept silent. They would still have to build a big rocket to make it look believable and launch it. The command module and LM would still have to travel to moon as it would be tracked by the Russians and us/ Jodrell Bank. So maybe it might be easier to just land than fake it and keep everyone silent. In the past 10 years satellites have gone over the lunar surface and photographed the landing sites and everything is still there, but maybe these are faked?

I always love the someone would speak up argument.....

Because over 3000 of their mates will never get the chance,120 NY firefighters have spoke up about multiple explosions on 9/11.

Of course the controlled media won't touch them and this is why cognitive dissonance works so well. It has been proved in dozens of experiments world wide that 9 out of 10 people will always choose group think rather than disagree.

Savage Garden have been there as well. Well, at least wanted to. It involved a contract about someone’s baby.

Jonathon King told us everyone had gone there as well. I bet plenty of people wished he had, and stayed there.

So they murdered 3 Astronauts because Grissom was being critical. WOW.
You see it all depends what article you read as some say if they wanted Grissom out of the way, they just wouldn't have picked him. They also say Grissom became critical trying to deflect the blame when he messed up on the earlier test flight meaning that they lost the Liberty Bell capsule on landing as it sunk to the bottom of the sea. Again, they didn't have to pick him if his criticism bothered them that much. In a highly inflammable craft filled with thousands of electrical components and wires, where one single spark will cause death within seconds, why can't it be a terrible accident? Look what happened to the space shuttle in 1986, despite tremendous advances in technology and safety.
Take Marilyn Munroe. There are many people that have made a very compelling case as to how she died. Most say murder, under orders by mafia boss Sam Giancana. or John F Kennedy, some say Robert Kennedy as she had bonked all 3, and was threatening to spill the beans on all 3 to their wives and partner. The official explanation is suicide. Obviously only one of those is true, and the other 3 are quite believable conspiracy theories. My point being that even with a good case made, most conspiracy theories are untrue.

So they murdered 3 Astronauts because Grissom was being critical. WOW.
You see it all depends what article you read as some say if they wanted Grissom out of the way, they just wouldn't have picked him. They also say Grissom became critical trying to deflect the blame when he messed up on the earlier test flight meaning that they lost the Liberty Bell capsule on landing as it sunk to the bottom of the sea. Again, they didn't have to pick him if his criticism bothered them that much. In a highly inflammable craft filled with thousands of electrical components and wires, where one single spark will cause death within seconds, why can't it be a terrible accident? Look what happened to the space shuttle in 1986, despite tremendous advances in technology and safety.
Take Marilyn Munroe. There are many people that have made a very compelling case as to how she died. Most say murder, under orders by mafia boss Sam Giancana. or John F Kennedy, some say Robert Kennedy as she had bonked all 3, and was threatening to spill the beans on all 3 to their wives and partner. The official explanation is suicide. Obviously only one of those is true, and the other 3 are quite believable conspiracy theories. My point being that even with a good case made, most conspiracy theories are untrue.

Ok lets stick to facts. The bell was recovered years later and as Grissom had always said the hatch was faulty.......He would have been out before he was killed if he had messed up years earlier.......Its always good to smear the dead in the conspiracy world

Thomas Barron, he was a safety officer at NASA and wrote a 55 page report highlighting failures in the rush to beat JFK's land on the moon before the decade was out prediction.

After the fatal fire, he extended the report to 500 pages and people wanted him sacked, He wouldn't back down and presented his report. At this stage the whole NASA project was at risk and as we now know trillions of dollars in funding for all the private companies involved, so it was a history changing report.

What did the report say, well we don't know. Just 6 days later Barron was killed along with his wife and daughter when his car was hit by a train on a crossing. After the report was buried some people were suspicious and the official story of Barron 'racing' the train fell apart. So, as you will often see in these cases they now say he was depressed and it was probably suicide.

Any way if it was murder then of course something would have been shown up during the autopsy........Except they decided not to have one......Nothing to see here, move along.

Years later from extracts of the original 55 page report they have said Barron was right just bit over enthusiastic.

What about Grissom's son who claims he actually found the device hidden behind panels that caused the fire. Why didn't NASA address that and allow independent inspections.

Of course non of this will ever be discussed in the US media because of operation Mocking bird......Another one of those crazy conspiracy theorys that turned out to be true.....Along with

Operation paper clip,
Operation Northwoods
Gulf of Tonkin
The plutonium files
Or the CIA knowing the exact details about the WTC bombing in 1993......Because they were actually controlling the bombers.

All dreamt up by nutters but they turned out to be true.

Ok lets stick to facts. The bell was recovered years later and as Grissom had always said the hatch was faulty.......He would have been out before he was killed if he had messed up years earlier.......Its always good to smear the dead in the conspiracy world

Thomas Barron, he was a safety officer at NASA and wrote a 55 page report highlighting failures in the rush to beat JFK's land on the moon before the decade was out prediction.

After the fatal fire, he extended the report to 500 pages and people wanted him sacked, He wouldn't back down and presented his report. At this stage the whole NASA project was at risk and as we now know trillions of dollars in funding for all the private companies involved, so it was a history changing report.

What did the report say, well we don't know. Just 6 days later Barron was killed along with his wife and daughter when his car was hit by a train on a crossing. After the report was buried some people were suspicious and the official story of Barron 'racing' the train fell apart. So, as you will often see in these cases they now say he was depressed and it was probably suicide.

Any way if it was murder then of course something would have been shown up during the autopsy........Except they decided not to have one......Nothing to see here, move along.

Years later from extracts of the original 55 page report they have said Barron was right just bit over enthusiastic.

What about Grissom's son who claims he actually found the device hidden behind panels that caused the fire. Why didn't NASA address that and allow independent inspections.

Of course non of this will ever be discussed in the US media because of operation Mocking bird......Another one of those crazy conspiracy theorys that turned out to be true.....Along with

Operation paper clip,
Operation Northwoods
Gulf of Tonkin
The plutonium files
Or the CIA knowing the exact details about the WTC bombing in 1993......Because they were actually controlling the bombers.

All dreamt up by nutters but they turned out to be true.

The hatch, well it depends who's report you listen too. Don't forget that the Grissom's were suing for $10M compensation. Grissom's side said faulty hatch. Other side said not faulty.
Thomas Barron, I give you that one, extremely suspicious and wouldn't be surprised. The device supposedly found under the seat by Grissom's son, don't know. NASA and the Grissom's were at loggerheads for years. They were arguing over such things as ownership of Gus Grissom's Mercury space suit, and anything the Grissom's could think off. A NASA spokesman said the Grissom's were coming up with so many things to argue about they decided not to engage them, and that the supposed device hidden behind panels was just ridiculous.
What is in no doubt is that Gus Grissom was not happy about the safety of the flight to the moon. He said he didn't feel they were ready. He warned his family something could happen. I think this point shows the major flaw in this conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theorists will tell you that Grissom was complaining about the technical problems with the craft (this much is true - that was his job) and he was killed to keep him quiet. Setting fire to the Apollo capsule was the one way to guarantee that the problems with Apollo became well known. Not too clever if you are trying to cover up the technical issues. Also not clever as they were in a race to get to the moon with Russia. That capsule fire set them back two years. If they wanted Grissom dead, these are some of the most intelligent people on the planet, they would have thought of another way without sabotaging that flight.
No comment on that list at the bottom as I haven't read any of it.

What a meandering thread...moon landing on to Mockingbird on to the world of oil.....lost me a couple of pages back.

Let's face it any facts or reasoning you give to dispel this conspiracy nonsense will always fall of deaf ears. It's so deeply ingrained it's like a religion.

That's the thing with conspiracy theorists, they throw everything at you so you haven't time to check facts and rebuttal so called evidence. I notice Rigsby still hasn't provided evidence about how the US planted mirrors on the moon without actually going there, or indeed the Stanley Kubrick stuff which was just a parody of a real documentary.

It amazes me that Rigsby can still post up stuff he has just made up!

Last edited:
That's the thing with conspiracy theorists, they throw everything at you so you haven't time to check facts and rebuttal so called evidence. I notice Rigsby still hasn't provided evidence about how the US planted mirrors on the moon without actually going there, or indeed the Stanley Kubrick stuff which was just a parody of a real documentary.

It amazes me that Rigsby can still post up stuff he has just made up!

Your getting yourself in a muddle again suitcase.
When I mentioned the Netflix documentary I wasn't talking about the mock Kubrick one ( I doubt that is even on there).
Capricorn one was not a documentary, it was Hollywood......About faking landing on Mars if I remember right.....Seems there is only one person who can't tell the difference.

If you took the time to look you would know. But of course as all the SCIENTIFIC studies and experiments show.......There are easily predictable reason why certain people fear the truth and why the weak feel the need to hide in the crowd. Why they always try to stop any debate if the don't agree.

So back on topic for the adults on here who have made some very good points so far......If its way to much for anyone there are plenty of threads to discuss less taxing subjects, where you can tell us all how you cycled to work or what you had for breakfast etc.

Edit...For the those of you with an open mind look up the Migram experiment.

Last edited:
Back