• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

in a free society you dont all have to tow the party line, I dont want sturrock here as manager or his idiot boy as a player, simple and straight forward, I respect your opinion if you really think he is the messiah, but not for me, 1 quick question, for you to answer. why are the fans staying away, is itthe football being played or the costs or martins regime,?? if as I suspect for a lot of ppl its answer number 1, then I am not on my own, but deep down you know that anyway

I think most people who are staying away are doing so because of Ron & his running of the club, which I can understand. If you're staying away because PS is the manager I find that a little sad. As much as a legend as Tilly is recent evidence would suggest we'd currently be hovering around the BSP relegation zone right now if he was still in charge. Luggy is no messiah, but he's an experienced lower league manager, who has his faults the same as Tilly has his.

As I'm new here am I right in guessing that clueniemore is Sturrock's Daughter or relative?

Paul S and Graham C certainly have done wonders and I wouldn't like to see them go.

But Coughlan may do A Tilly. Take on a more senior role before it appears they were ready for it but still pull them out of the mire. Like Tilly, GC also has the popularity but with Plymouth fans and where he has a nudge on Tilly is that he's been a no.2 for 9 months now.

Shrimpador also makes a good point about his PS comments in the link he has provided. This becomes less assuring.

I dare say what cluniemore says is true but at this very point. The test will be when the next week, two weeks and three weeks pass by. The nearer it gets to the completion of their takeover the more attractive Mr Brent will sound and the more attractive promises he can offer. Then we'll see how tempted PS and GC are to find out about the renewed optimism there.

By the way I'm no PS basher. As I say he's done a wonderful job considering the circumstances but admittedly doing so without the best style of football. Lets hope for another victory tomorrow.

in a free society you dont all have to tow the party line, I dont want sturrock here as manager or his idiot boy as a player, simple and straight forward, I respect your opinion if you really think he is the messiah, but not for me, 1 quick question, for you to answer. why are the fans staying away, is itthe football being played or the costs or martins regime,?? if as I suspect for a lot of ppl its answer number 1, then I am not on my own, but deep down you know that anyway

As I'm new here am I right in guessing that clueniemore is Sturrock's Daughter or relative?

Paul S and Graham C certainly have done wonders and I wouldn't like to see them go.

But Coughlan may do A Tilly.

Anyone else wish Coughlan would 'do' WickfordTilly?
Answer number 1 is yes

"if as I suspect for a lot of ppl its answer number 1, then I am not on my own, but deep down you know that anyway"

Wickfordtilly attendences are down all over the country we had the third highest crowd in league two on Saturday and if we were in league one it would of been 6th highest so some how I don't think it's all down to sturrock tbh

i just bumped into Coughlan as he was boarding the coach, i asked him if he was off to Plymouth and quick as a flash replied "No i'm going to Rotherham you silly arse" .. i guess i walked straight into that one :hilarious:

I would actually think the closer they are to being taken over, then the more likely they will go for a proven manager (maybe even get Reid back now Risdale has gone).

Why get out of financial trouble, then appoint a totally rookie manager? Wouldnt make sense... if they go down to the conference, then could be curtains.

Tilly was a novice when we were staring down the barrell of the Conference. Didn't do us any harm.

And Coughlan is held in similar esteem by Plymouth fans.

As for some one more experienced I still would not rule out PS as much as that pains me to say that.

As I posted earlier the more closer the takeover looms the more attractive they'll be.

Cannot see Reid coming back to Home Park as I believe it was potential new owner James Brent who ordered Ridsdale to axe him.

Attendances are down because this is our second season in L2. we're not in the Championship any more, or L1. Crowds drop with league position for all clubs, its as simple as that. Our crowds are no worse than when we were last in L2. If we're top of the table come Christmas, regardless of the style of football or whose in charge, crowds will go up.

Some people do over analyse things FFS :duh:

Tilly was a novice when we were staring down the barrell of the Conference. Didn't do us any harm.

And Coughlan is held in similar esteem by Plymouth fans.

As for some one more experienced I still would not rule out PS as much as that pains me to say that.

As I posted earlier the more closer the takeover looms the more attractive they'll be.

Cannot see Reid coming back to Home Park as I believe it was potential new owner James Brent who ordered Ridsdale to axe him.

People move on in football so anything is possible - to be honest though, can't see the point of talking about something that hasn't happened or even rumoured to be happening. As for the "I believe James Brent ordered etc", don't tell me your yet another undercover agent in "the know" ?

I don't think that's his motivation for posting vitriol against the Sturrocks, father and son!
listen love, its nothing to do vitriol I just dont want sturrock or his son, at the club!! I am sure people like Dave webbs brain felt the same when tilly was at the club, or those going back earlier, bobby moore, alan little, steve wignall
if you cannot accept other peoples view points, then you shouldnt be posting

Shrimpers are magic - I m no undercover agent as you put it. I have spoken to members of the Plymouth trust in one of their forums. They were told in a trust question and answer that Brent was behind the axing of Reid.

listen love, its nothing to do vitriol I just dont want sturrock or his son, at the club!! I am sure people like Dave webbs brain felt the same when tilly was at the club, or those going back earlier, bobby moore, alan little, steve wignall
Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor from the rolling around in hysterics!!! Oh my goodness, I can't believe you! I think I can speak for DWB when I say he didn't feel like this when Tilson was in his early days, no-one did! I just find it absolutely ridiculous that you are so totally unprepared to give Paul and Blair a fair crack of the whip when the only anger you may feel should be directed at Ron Martin! PS has come in to do a job, just as Tilson was. Surely you can see the fault is not Sturrock's?!!! The only blame you can possibly feel needs addressing is Ron's!

You want to take your own advice, if YOU cannot accept other people's views then you shouldn't be posting!!! 42 posts and you come out with **** like that!!! :hilarious:

Btw, I can't believe I objected to cluniemore's early postings, that's a tad embarrassing!:blush:

While Tilly was at the the club, I never once said I wanted rid of him. There are times when things aren't going well on the pitch that you get down about the manager,but never wanted rid.

Once Tilly was relieved of his duties and Sturrock was appointed, I was also fully behind Sturrock.

I think the only time I have wanted rid of a manager was Alan Little and possibly Wignall, though it was Wignall that set the tone for Tilly's reign with some of his transfers.

PS Thank you OBL for speaking up for me.

You really are depriving some village of an idiot - but please keep posting as they are truly hilarious :hilarious:

Back