• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chadded

Not striking since 2004
Taken from the BBC Sport 606 message board.

What a bloody embarresment.

I have never seen a local derby with no bookings no nasty tackles and so little passion. Col******r were rubbish disorganised beyond belief and so little movement and communication that me and my mates were in disbelief.

Southend were magnificent and showed why they are top of the league and deservedly so. They were organised well and had good movement they wanted it and when they moved foward they looked purposeful and dangerous, Eastwoods movement was brilliant and caused brown and chilvers no end of trouble.

Col******r had a number of shots but all from long range and when we did breakthrough the back line we scuffed the shots or somehow managed to hit a southend player with the ball. Even if we had scored we would not have deserved it.

Tilson also outsmarted parkinson his formation in the first half completely baffled the u's with the 2 wingers pushing up to give a third striker most of the time.

Overall if southend had wanted to they could have scored 6/7 but thankfully in the second half they didnt push foward, otherwise we would be talking about a even bigger disaster.

Parkinson should never have dropped Watson and Baldwin as Izzet and Chilvers were off the pace and caused more trouble for their own team than they did for southend. White was useless and exposed the left side of defence to much, should have played stockly or big George instead. Williams should have played as well at least he has been scoring in the reserves and for a team who hasnt scored in 5 games we need a different approach.

To go foward from this will be the big challenge if Parkinson can get the team back from this then he will prove himself as a manager if he cant it will put under question his ability to manage the team in the long term. Hopefully we will get into the playoffs but if we play like this then we will be lucky to finish in the top 10. The cup runs are telling now and i wish they were not but we need to rest players such as Iwelumo and danns for a couple of games to allow them to recharge their batteries for a final run in on the last 9/10 games.

Any way well done to southend a well deserved victory in the most passionless derby games of all time, and hopefully we will see you next year in the championship but if today was anything to go by then it may have to wait a couple of seasons when you come back down.

First Swansea fans resigned to us winning the league, now the Ewes saying we're as good as up. This day just keeps getting better
smile.gif

That's a much fairer and more balanced view than I've heard from Col Ewe today.

Back