• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The regions roughest pubs.

I had a family connection to the Page's. They were brought up on Kent Avenue, Leigh, near to my house. They were all top of the table bar brawlers. Terry was the toughest, followed closely by Jeff (Who had the most fights) and then George.

Terry died choking on his own vomit, after a heavy session, many years ago. Jeff has'nt touched a drop for over a decade, and George now lives in the flats opposite the Elms, and still drinks in there.

So did some pub in Tilbury which was quite a shock because I used to play pool in there! if I remember correctly, it had one of those round pool tables which fitted into a corner of the pub which used to evolve round when you wanted to take your shot.
I started a thread in a similar vain recently in the hope of finding a decent boozer to have a beer in before the game. Worrying that more pubs have been mentioned in the negative light !!!

Worlds End perhaps.

On a slightly different angle, was told the other day that my own local The Railway Bell in South Woodford is the inspiration for a certain dive on a BBC soap. By all accounts script writers have been seen pestering the locals for scandalous rumour!

Back