• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just out of interest, how do you go about getting a trial. A lad I know from Oz is coming over in the summer to try and find a club. He plays for central coast marriners and played in all the u19 championship games in columbia for australia this summer. I'd love to persuade him to come and have a trial here, he's a good player.

I've no idea. Does he have an agent? Is he English (if so the PFA may help)? Maybe just email/phone the club and ask.

Someone I used to work with, her brother played for Met Police. He wrote a letter to all the clubs asking for a trial. He got a very nice letter back from Rob Newman saying sorry, they didn't need any more wingers, as they had enough quality already. :'(

Blues reserves beat Stevenage

GOALS from Jamie Stevens, Blair Sturrock and trialist Yannick Boli secured Southend United reserves a 3-1 victory over Stevenage at Roots Hall today.

More...

Already got a song for him: Roll out the Boli, we'll have a Boli of fun.

A shoe in.

Sawyer was subbed after 64 minutes but played well according to CP

Just got back, very promising, no hoof ball all on the deck. 2 trialists looked decent although bit of a smokescreen because so did Prosser. No need for McCormack as Bentley looked better than Collis, Evans and Spildy. Star of the show good to have him back Sawyer, and even old mother Johnson looked a decent player, gotta go have a sit down!

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to get your facts right before spouting that sort of ill-informed rubbish. Slanderous somewhat

Trust you to pop up, he was over the limit, he killed 2 kids, he was convicted, get back to Carrow road!

Wiggy do you think Boli is worthy of a contract?

On that showing yes but as i say reserves aint a great guide hence Johnson and Prosser also looked good! Another look i think and then he might be 3rd choice on the bench, is this Southend we are talking about?

Back