• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt A Shrimper

I never thought id see the day when i became disgusted withthe majority of my own fans - especially on Shrimperzone.

The number of people on here who are telling Col******r fans to stay away and not to comment is completly childish and really does tarnish a club's fanbase who on the whole is nothing like thw image that many of you are portraying.

We lost 3-0 to Col******r end of. At the end of the day no matter what happens during the game it is the end result that matters most. There is always controversy in football and fair enough if a bad decision has occured then this should be discussed - but not used as an arguement to hide behind the fact that Col******r have a better team than us - dont believe me - look at the league table.

Now i dont know if the past few seasons of glory have gone to our heads but i believe this result is a great thing in sending many fans back to Earth with a bump! We lost a local derby 3-0 - we got well and truly stuffed and to say the sending off was reason for our decline, then i drag you back to the day we beat Swansea with 8 men!

Col******r fans have a great reason to celebrate tonight - they thrashed their local rivals who are hanging onto Championship survival by a thread. I am sure i was not alone in mocking Manchester United fans when we beat them 1-0 or laughing as we beat Col******r time and time again - this is no different.

Many fans here need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise at that football is just a game (shock horror). Ive been following the blues for a good two thirds of my life (albeit only 11 odd years) and have enjoyed every second of it. We have had great banter with fans from across the country and its just a shame that now many people are becoming sulkers and refusing to lert anyone else speak in afraid of being upset.

If we were in their shoes we would be doing exactly the same! So come on - stop excluding fans who have a right to brag (as long as it does not get too personal) and banter with us. Unbelieveably ive seen many more Shrimper fans insult Col******r, without any such reason to do so - it really is pathetic!

I dont think ive ever seen our fans in such a dim light - scared that our good times over? then at least lets go down with some dignity as fans - it truly is pathetic some of the comments on here.

Now lets cut out all this garbage and let them throw all they can at us - they will change their tune come end of the season when we are 4-0 up at the hall, sending them down into the bottom four!

P.S.

Just so you dont think im a newbie i am actually the dark deshrimper - check that users profile name if you dont believe me - but it hadnt been newly activated and couldnt be bothered to sort it out!

worst post..

ever..

so now we don't have a right to moan...

mad.gif

I dont care if we've beaten Swansea with 8 men, losing 2 men ie. going down to 9 men is cutting the chances of winning the game by a massive amount.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 25 2006,20:55)]worst post..

ever..

mad.gif
Yep have to agree, the poorest post I have ever read.

Its not the moaning i am criticising, its the way everyone is refusing to let Col******r fans even post on this board - it truly is pathetic!

I have no worries with criticising - i have done it enough myself and i apoligise if what i have said has come across in that way

I just think everyone shoudl lighten up a bit more!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt A Shrimper @ Nov. 25 2006,20:54)]I never thought id see the day when i became disgusted withthe majority of my own fans - especially on Shrimperzone.

The number of people on here who are telling Col******r fans to stay away and not to comment is completly childish and really does tarnish a club's fanbase who on the whole is nothing like thw image that many of you are portraying.

We lost 3-0 to Col******r end of. At the end of the day no matter what happens during the game it is the end result that matters most. There is always controversy in football and fair enough if a bad decision has occured then this should be discussed - but not used as an arguement to hide behind the fact that Col******r have a better team than us - dont believe me - look at the league table.

Now i dont know if the past few seasons of glory have gone to our heads but i believe this result is a great thing in sending many fans back to Earth with a bump! We lost a local derby 3-0 - we got well and truly stuffed and to say the sending off was reason for our decline, then i drag you back to the day we beat Swansea with 8 men!

Col******r fans have a great reason to celebrate tonight - they thrashed their local rivals who are hanging onto Championship survival by a thread. I am sure i was not alone in mocking Manchester United fans when we beat them 1-0 or laughing as we beat Col******r time and time again - this is no different.

Many fans here need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise at that football is just a game (shock horror). Ive been following the blues for a good two thirds of my life (albeit only 11 odd years) and have enjoyed every second of it. We have had great banter with fans from across the country and its just a shame that now many people are becoming sulkers and refusing to lert anyone else speak in afraid of being upset.

If we were in their shoes we would be doing exactly the same! So come on - stop excluding fans who have a right to brag (as long as it does not get too personal) and banter with us. Unbelieveably ive seen many more Shrimper fans insult Col******r, without any such reason to do so - it really is pathetic!

I dont think ive ever seen our fans in such a dim light - scared that our good times over? then at least lets go down with some dignity as fans - it truly is pathetic some of the comments on here.

Now lets cut out all this garbage and let them throw all they can at us - they will change their tune come end of the season when we are 4-0 up at the hall, sending them down into the bottom four!

P.S.

Just so you dont think im a newbie i am actually the dark deshrimper - check that users profile name if you dont believe me - but it hadnt been newly activated and couldnt be bothered to sort it out!
Matt A Shrimper , for your information this is a family message board that has children as well as adults reading the posts. Any Col Ewe fans who think it reasonable to post antagonistic messages that may be answered by SUFC fans in a frustrated, abusive manner (perhaps understandable after today's game) are not wanted.

I have not got the time to delete topics that degenerate into offensive abuse and no-one has been banned yet

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 25 2006,20:55)]worst post..

ever..

mad.gif
Ha Ha luckily ive read many of your posts and the attitude you take with most things mean that your post really does very little to change my views

Did you go to the match?

Feeling undying love for Col Ewe is difficult at the moment, from what I can tell, we have previously won fair and square and earned the right to direct banter at Col Ewe, that did not happen today.

They're right, a terriblr post.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Nov. 25 2006,21:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt A Shrimper @ Nov. 25 2006,20:54)]I never thought id see the day when i became disgusted withthe majority of my own fans - especially on Shrimperzone.

P.S.

Matt A Shrimper , for your information this is a family message board that has children as well as adults reading the posts. Any Col Ewe fans who think it reasonable to post antagonistic messages that may be answered by SUFC fans in a frustrated, abusive manner (perhaps understandable after today's game) are not wanted.

I have not got the time to delete topics that degenerate into offensive abuse and no-one has been banned yet
But many of the hard core Col******r fans who have posted on here over the last few weeks do have some quite opinions!

And i recognise its a family board, yet i think there is much worse stuff coming out from some of our own harcore posters let alone any potential fishing posts from Col******r

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Nov. 25 2006,21:07)]Did you go to the match?

Feeling undying love for Col Ewe is difficult at the moment, from what I can tell, we have previously won fair and square and earned the right to direct banter at Col Ewe, that did not happen today.

They're right, a terriblr post.
Nope i didnt, and in that respect i will most probably see the result in a different view to you.

However, there is controversial moments all the time in football - we must face facts that Col******r at this moment have a stringer squad - whether that be down to form or skill is debatable - otherwise they would not be above us in the league

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Nov. 25 2006,21:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt A Shrimper @ Nov. 25 2006,21:04)]I just think everyone shoudl lighten up a bit more!
Easier said than done.
True - but then we wont give Col******r the satisfaction of being able to wind us up

Col******r were lucky today through cheating and the worse referee I have ever seen.

Take that from someone who was there!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt A Shrimper @ Nov. 25 2006,21:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Nov. 25 2006,21:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt A Shrimper @ Nov. 25 2006,21:04)]I just think everyone shoudl lighten up a bit more!
Easier said than done.
True - but then we wont give Col******r the satisfaction of being able to wind us up
Yeah I agree with you there, but I'm so easilly wound up at the second
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt A Shrimper @ Nov. 25 2006,21:08)]But many of the hard core Col******r fans who have posted on here over the last few weeks do have some quite opinions!

And i recognise its a family board, yet i think there is much worse stuff coming out from some of our own harcore posters let alone any potential fishing posts from Col******r
You clearly haven't bothered to read many of the posts, and specifically the thread I started "to any col u fans visiting this board" I will quote:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]To make it clear, I have no problem with the likes of Col******r and Proud, etc who regularly post on here.... But if I am feeling this ****ed-off about the manner of the result, I don't think the less tolerant amongst us will be restraining themselves should any Col U show up on here.

In fact several Col U fans have posted and they have been answered, overwhelmingly, in a very appropriate fashion. As you would have found had you bothered to follow the threads.
In fact, though I feared the worst, far from being disgusted, I am actually VERY PROUD of the majority on here for their restraint towards the Col U fans who did post.

Secondly, you say

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now i dont know if the past few seasons of glory have gone to our heads but i believe this result is a great thing in sending many fans back to Earth with a bump! We lost a local derby 3-0 - we got well and truly stuffed and to say the sending off was reason for our decline, then i drag you back to the day we beat Swansea with 8 men!

I am sorry. I don't think that in any manner we have been well and truly stuffed except by the officials and a cheat. Beating Swansea with 8 men was such a one-off that I believe that we are still the only club ever to have scored from open play with 8 men.

To be honest i have better things to do with my Saturday night so only had a quick look at some of the posts and get a general feel!

I understand people feeling wound up, but come on this is what football is all about! As for getting stuffed - only the result will count at the end of the day and 3-0 by a team who many of our fans claim are worse than us is indeed a stuffing
biggrin.gif

Back