• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Umbongo

Do you think the Chairman will get the current embargo on SUFC lifted this week?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • No I don't.

Votes: 192 81.7%
  • Bart. (who cares about another relegation anyway)?

Votes: 12 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know?! Up to MM. Can't see it happening now he knows what rangers like, but Ron likes him still!
MM will know all about Ranger. Ron will say he will support it if MM wants him back on a 6 month contract with an option. MM's discussion with senior players will be nothing about his ability or even what he is like as such- it will be more would they be on board (he wont want to disrupt what, despite it all, seems to be a pretty close dressing room).

If Macca was put in charge of him, supported by Demi (even better as Macca's lodger) then it is probably a risk worth taking. If anyone can straighten Ranger out its Macca.

As a footballer there is absolutely zero chance of us finding another target man anywhere near as good and he's still only 29!!!! If it worked we would stay up. Simply as that.

Indeed...and he does owe us a favour for when we stuck by him.
Such a signing would have to be heavily weighted in our favour: short term (month by month) & any sign of trouble then he’s gone.
He’s unlikely to get any further opportunities in league football so think he’d jump at the chance
His ability isn’t in question, can he keep out of bother though?
Desperate times call for blah blah

Such a signing would have to be heavily weighted in our favour: short term & any sign of trouble then he’s gone.
He’s unlikely to get any further opportunities in league football so think he’d jump at the chance
Desperate times call for blah blah
The risk far outweighs the reward, young squad, unmotivated bad influence player who is not match fit and hasn't played for a long time.

Ranger was what started the derailment the first time around, no no no and no again. He'll be motivated for us as long as he's not distracted, which is no time at all!
I have to agree with this.
A talent yes, but there's reasons he's not picked up by league teams any more. We know a lot of them. The laziness off the pitch problems were quite under-reported, never mind the run ins with the courts etc. The novelty would be great for 2 or 3 games then it could seriously derail any chance of staying up at all.

We are not signing Ranger. He has been given numerous opportunities and wasted the majority. I'd rather we get someone else who we don't have to constantly worry about.

MM will know all about Ranger. Ron will say he will support it if MM wants him back on a 6 month contract with an option. MM's discussion with senior players will be nothing about his ability or even what he is like as such- it will be more would they be on board (he wont want to disrupt what, despite it all, seems to be a pretty close dressing room).

If Macca was put in charge of him, supported by Demi (even better as Macca's lodger) then it is probably a risk worth taking. If anyone can straighten Ranger out its Macca.

As a footballer there is absolutely zero chance of us finding another target man anywhere near as good and he's still only 29!!!! If it worked we would stay up. Simply as that.
Good suggestion I think. Though it wasn't dis- similar last time with a senior player constantly trying to keep him on side with the club, on time, and not always in need of cash. It's a task than can drain the helper mentally and affect their own mental state and game. Last time it was a case of 'enough is enough. He has no idea how to help himself even with a chaperone.
Maybe macca is the man. But id not want his game affected (or infected which is more the way it works with ranger).
I'd like to see it happen successfully because I think yours is a good idea. And spot on about our choices, but for me, I'm afraid we should steer well clear.

We’re bottom of the football league staring oblivion in the face- there’s no risk, sh!t or bust IMO
I don’t think we are that desperate after today and there is a risk with getting Ranger in. Yes, it’s only one win and we can’t get carried away but we are only 4 points off safety with a game in hand. There are clear signs of improvement, especially with Hart and Akinola now involved. Do we really need to risk ruining that progress by bringing in a potentially disruptive player who hasn’t played proper football in over 2 years.

With the embargo being lifted as well hopefully there will be other options in January.

Back