• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Umbongo

Do you think the Chairman will get the current embargo on SUFC lifted this week?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • No I don't.

Votes: 192 81.7%
  • Bart. (who cares about another relegation anyway)?

Votes: 12 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone know if the EFL/Premier League have actually started distributing the basic amounts of the bailout to the clubs? They're not noted for speed of action.

Is the state of play of the embargo that we wait till Thursday and re-evaluate then or is it not going to happen until Jan at earliest? I only ask as if it’s the latter I can put it to the back of my mind, like Ronald, and try and enjoy the festive season.

If I were in charge and the had had the embargo lifted I wouldn't publicise it. I would try to spring a surprise by naming Akinola, Hart and whoever else we may have registered in the starting line up on Saturday.

Last edited:
If I were in charge I and the had had the embargo lifted I wouldn't publicise it. I would try to spring a surprise by naming Akinola, Hart and whoever else we may have registered in the starting line up on Saturday.

I’ve been hoping for this for the past few weeks. It would definitely give us the upper hand on our first opponents after it’s lifted.

Does anyone know if the EFL/Premier League have actually started distributing the basic amounts of the bailout to the clubs? They're not noted for speed of action.

I dont know , but from various reports I read in the papers it said the pay outs would be made very quickly and expected to be sent out inside a few days or week. So if true that would be about now and at worst by Thursday, but as you point out, not noted for fast action stuff

I'll be very surprised if the Premier league money will be in the bank this year.

All our eggs are firmly in one basket when it comes to lifting the Embargo. And I can't see that happening until January either.

It could be a very depressing January as in theory, we could be all but relegated before January Rolls around so investment to stay up could come too late and therefore be a waste of money.

As a fan, I'm ready for the worst as it keeps me mentally prepared and healthy

I’ve been hoping for this for the past few weeks. It would definitely give us the upper hand on our first opponents after it’s lifted.

Indeed. I don't know how practical that is though. Can, for example, Scunthorpe see our list of registered players somewhere?

Does make you wonder just how much we owe as Umbonga still not been paid. If saving the club was top of the list by paying up and I knew I was guaranteed £250k like yesterday I would have found a way to pay it upfront and then transfer the money back into my account a few days later

Business doesn't work like that and in any case 250k is small potatoes.

Ron was never going to get the embargo lifted .Well it lifted lets hope for 3 points Ans maybe some more new faces in the door to give the kids a rest .

Back