• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Umbongo

Do you think the Chairman will get the current embargo on SUFC lifted this week?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • No I don't.

Votes: 192 81.7%
  • Bart. (who cares about another relegation anyway)?

Votes: 12 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And that's why the hole he's digging is getting deeper.

I've been someone that thinks RM is doing his best, and has been to some extent a victim of circumstances, plus I think sometimes it's better the devil you know. But he is rapidly losing my trust/confidence.

Agreed. He's too much of an optimist and is never realistic around timelines etc. That's why he's incapable of keeping to a deadline: because only he ever looks at the best case scenario and a) doesn't think things through with the "what if" questions, or b) doesn't think to add a contingency "just in case".

Far too late ?

Ron will no doubt have 1 eye on the national league and I can honestly see a couple of players going in January
Disagree with u completely!! We still have more then enough games left to stay up,technically theres still enough points available to win the league lol we just need ron to clear the embargo so we can play and sign the players we need.Blimey we only need to win a couple of games!!

Disagree with u completely!! We still have more then enough games left to stay up,technically theres still enough points available to win the league lol we just need ron to clear the embargo so we can play and sign the players we need.Blimey we only need to win a couple of games!!

For once we agree. It isn't too late, but it's getting closer with each passing match.

I wonder if our strategy to stay in the football league rests not on the embargo being lifted, but on another 'Macclesfield' and therefore sparing us from relegation ?

I wonder if our strategy to stay in the football league rests not on the embargo being lifted, but on another 'Macclesfield' and therefore sparing us from relegation ?

Very sadly I think this is Ron's strategy.

Would need two clubs to do that if we're bottom, no? 23rd would get a reprieve first.

Won't the EFL bail out loans ruin that strategy?
Not really, they are far short of what an a seasons income would be. If clubs have spent as if it would be a normal season then the bailout wouldn't touch the sides, we know some have already got themselves into bother.

Does anyone actually know how much is needed to lift the embargo???

I personally don’t think we do. The bills been cleared and in normal times the embargo would be lifted. However a payment plan is required and in the current climate we have pretty much no cash flow or income so RM is hesitant. This goes for all of the other league 2 clubs currently reported under an embargo, so I do think getting out of it is partly down to COVID. I’m not saying we’re not in this situation because of Ron but I definitely think getting out of it is partly down to COVID.

It could be up to Sunday when Rons hopes and ours get fulfilled and the Umbongo gets lifted., thats possibly another 5 days to wait for the news to break, although a weekend event seems less likely, so maybe inside 72 hours we will know, Although it was but only a phone call away 5 weeks ago
Unfortunately we dont operate like USA, Brazil, Canada and Japan as seeing the week start on Sundays, Neither do we function like most of the middle East and see Saturday as the start of the week.

We are sadly in this case restricted to the International Standard ISO 8601 which regulates a "week " as beginning on boggin Mondays, So it could be a longer wait than I and Ron hoped for before the news breaks and we are Free, free as the wind blows, born free,

time for more pills !?

I don't think we will know for sure until around 2.15 on Saturday when the official team sheets come out

To be fair that is what I'd do, can you imagine the difference it would make to the opposition if our team on Sat has 3 new players in it? it might unsettle them enough to give us an advantadge.

So do we have any ITK peeps or are we just hoping EFL pulls it this week? Silence is deafening...

It could be up to Sunday when Rons hopes and ours get fulfilled and the Umbongo gets lifted., thats possibly another 5 days to wait for the news to break, although a weekend event seems less likely, so maybe inside 72 hours we will know, Although it was but only a phone call away 5 weeks ago
Unfortunately we dont operate like USA, Brazil, Canada and Japan as seeing the week start on Sundays, Neither do we function like most of the middle East and see Saturday as the start of the week.

We are sadly in this case restricted to the International Standard ISO 8601 which regulates a "week " as beginning on boggin Mondays, So it could be a longer wait than I and Ron hoped for before the news breaks and we are Free, free as the wind blows, born free,

time for more pills !?

No but keep singing

Back