• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I lived in a muslim country for a while where centres were set up to actively promote conversion; places where you could speak to an Imam who would be targetted on his number of conversions. These numbers would be advertised publicly every month. Usually it was poor Filipinos who had been instructed to convert by their bosses.

exactly the same happened in Leicester. often we got fliers and invites to Mosque open days. my flatmate and i went along to Masjid Umar and it was really interesting. Seeing as we lived in an area made up of 60% muslims, 20% afro-caribbeans and 20% students, we never witnessed any bother... it was a superb place to live and I'd move back there if I was working in Leicester.

exactly the same happened in Leicester. often we got fliers and invites to Mosque open days. my flatmate and i went along to Masjid Umar and it was really interesting. Seeing as we lived in an area made up of 60% muslims, 20% afro-caribbeans and 20% students, we never witnessed any bother... it was a superb place to live and I'd move back there if I was working in Leicester.

Sorry Pubey were you saying they actively targeted people or was it just leaflet dropping and come for a chat if you fancied it ?

Sorry Pubey were you saying they actively targeted people or was it just leaflet dropping and come for a chat if you fancied it ?

personally I think handing out fliers at the uni to students is active targeting. I didn't go to any of the sessions but it looked like a "learn a bit and Q&A about Islam"... we got fliers about the Mosque open day through our door and went along because we were 30seconds from it and were curious to see what it was like.

personally I think handing out fliers at the uni to students is active targeting. I didn't go to any of the sessions but it looked like a "learn a bit and Q&A about Islam"... we got fliers about the Mosque open day through our door and went along because we were 30seconds from it and were curious to see what it was like.

I meant more like keeping count as smudger described and advertisement campgains leaflet bombing is a scatter gun approach . Ta

"The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death." (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

The things people will do for a day off....

exactly the same happened in Leicester. often we got fliers and invites to Mosque open days.

I take it the leaflets didn't say bring a bottle, although I bet they had quite a slack policy in terms of searching backpacks...:p

Out of interest, where in Leicester was this, the mosque near Humberstone Rd?

I take it the leaflets didn't say bring a bottle, although I bet they had quite a slack policy in terms of searching backpacks...:p

Out of interest, where in Leicester was this, the mosque near Humberstone Rd?
lol
nah the Mosque down Evington Road

From my understanding of the situation, this is very much the plan.

That of course assumes that every Muslim voter in the country would want Sharia law. And that whichever party is in power at the time wishes to pass it as legislation.

That of course assumes that every Muslim voter in the country would want Sharia law. And that whichever party is in power at the time wishes to pass it as legislation.

...and even in that unlikely event, it would constitute peaceful, democratic changing of the law. Aren't there a couple of far right political parties who make a big hoo-hah about their entitlement to pursue that goal? :net:

Does anyone know the position of Sharia law with regards to 'last man standings the daddy' style session drinking?

Spot on. I don't think many 2nd and 3rd generation British citizens born into muslim families will have any interest or knowledge of sharia law and once again this is just **** stirring nonsense from people who should (and probably do) know better. Still, it's always handy to have a pantomime villain handy. :zzzzz:

I don't know (but hope and assume) our immigration policies for backward countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan where pea-brained concepts like religion still play a central role in everyday life have been sufficiently tightened up that the flow of immigrants from these countries must now be less than a trickle. That strength of religious feeling will lessen as generation after generation is born into this country and adopts a more secular, western view of the world, hence this doomsday theory is pretty far-fetched even for the most fervent racist.

I don't know (but hope and assume) our immigration policies for backward countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan where pea-brained concepts like religion still play a central role in everyday life have been sufficiently tightened up that the flow of immigrants from these countries must now be less than a trickle.

I wouldn't hold your breath...

I wouldn't hold your breath...

I'd be interested to know actually. Surely it makes no sense to still be allowing immigration from these countries when two thirds of terrorist convictions in recent years (according to the speech yesterday by our Defence Secretary) have had their root in Afghanistan and Pakistan....

I'd be interested to know actually. Surely it makes no sense to still be allowing immigration from these countries when two thirds of terrorist convictions in recent years (according to the speech yesterday by our Defence Secretary) have had their root in Afghanistan and Pakistan....

They would probably be able to cite precedent for allowing entry as the dubious characters in question no doubt already have some distant cousin in full residence here already.

I'm not sure that that hasn't been tightened up now though.

Having had to endure a lefty PC gone mad Labour government who couldn't truly organise vertical urination in an alcohol fermentation facility for the past 12 years, I very much doubt it. Look at the shutting the stable door once the horse has bolted policies brought in directly after 9/11, 7/7 & the failed Atlantic airliner bombings.

Having had to endure a lefty PC gone mad Labour government who couldn't truly organise vertical urination in an alcohol fermentation facility for the past 12 years, I very much doubt it. Look at the shutting the stable door once the horse has bolted policies brought in directly after 9/11, 7/7 & the failed Atlantic airliner bombings.

Its a nice theory sadly well trained terrorist of the military persuasion will always find away in. There isnt a poltical group at present that could do what your theorising and not descend into a facist or military based society.

China was beaten with commerce the traders and business men alwasy win the wars in the end .

Also just to pointy out the Catholic church is still assiting in evil

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/sex/1...nishing_pedophilia_rationalization_in_geneva/

Last edited:
Back