• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yer Blues

Not Always Sarcastic ⭐
Hunt, given the oppostion had a really good game. Yes it was agaist a team from the leauge below but was class today i thought.

Charlie Mac: Good player, of course it is/was gonna take time for him to settle and step up to this level but given his recent run in the side looks useful.

Matty H: Played well again given the level of oppostion. Bit like benji. Holds the ball up very well.

Dean Morgan. Trust him having a good game is his last of his loan spell. Hatrick for leeds agaisnt us later in the season perhaps?

The sending off: I was having a cheeky smoke and returned to my window to see clarke on the floor. Was it a punch?

Francis: Given time, could be a great utility player for us. Perhaps even center mid given our inabilty normally to keep 10 players on the pitch. I like him and where possible should get a decent run in the team.

hammell. Not bad for a player whos heart is elsewhere (if you belive the hype) would have liked him to take the free kick that morgan had tho!

Up the blues.

Its tough times ahead i know, fair play to the blue voice today really good atmosphere loving the cheer sticks! looking really good from up here!

there was another eastwood chant i think? not attributing that to TBV but wasnt that happy to hear that.

Together we can take tis team where we belong!

In Tilly We Trust

(looking forward to fallon too!)

Matty

The sending off - from what I saw Roberts came up for a corner and then Barrett shoved him over. I didn't see what happened after that was we broke away with Hooper making a charge for their unguarded net.

I know that Francis scored but i think once again he was terrible today the worst player on the pitch apart from their number 3

The sending off - from what I saw Roberts came up for a corner and then Barrett shoved him over. I didn't see what happened after that was we broke away with Hooper making a charge for their unguarded net.

Not sure why Roberts was even up there. There were still five minutes left to play. Very surreal couple of mintues, that.

Well I also thought Barrett pushed him over as we broke away, though some people seem to think it was Clarke, then apparently when he's got up he's tried to headbutt someone, presumably Clarke or AB. However like you I was watching us feck up an open goal.

Still, the Daggers manager, said on BBC that they were all amazed he went up in the 1st place, given the amount of time left, & were all telling him to go back. But he didn't complain about the decision so it sounds a fair cop. Tilly said he didn't see it as he was watching the ball.

For the sending off, it looked like the keeper came up for the corner, almost scored, wrestled someone to the ground and then got pushed over himself. He then got up and squared up to clarke who just went down, don't think he even got touched.

Then hooper missed the open goal.

if clarke didn't get touched. i never like to see any player dive in order to get another sent off. we should not condone this.

if clarke didn't get touched. i never like to see any player dive in order to get another sent off. we should not condone this.

it looked like he didnt, but I might have got it totally wrong, it was all a bit mad on the pitch for about 3 seconds.

i do agree. although it makes a change if its us

*pictures mr thornton earlier in the season*

Even so, I'm astounded McCormack managed to slice the ball wide from 4 or 5 yards. Harder to miss the goal than hit the net from there surely.

It was a volley and it sat up a bit behind him. It was a poor miss but Hooper should have played him in earlier instead of taking two defenders on by himself.

Not that it mattered.

Was impressed how unselfish Hooper was with regards to the fifth. Laying it back to Morgan.

Indeed. Can think of several players that would've slashed at the ball and messed it up.

According to this:
http://www.sportbox.tv/football/news/story.php?id=1129500
it was a headbutt on Clarke but then again they also claim that Francis score our third from outside the box when he was actually only about a yard out.

Beefy where do you sit because Francis goal was at least 6 yards :thump:

I am guessing the report was written by someone confusing 18yard box with the 6 yard box. It was a well taken goal especially considering previous attempts from a similar position by our strikeforce.

Last edited:
Back