• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chris wood

Youth Team
Ok went Saturday and im gonna tell you all the usual stuff been supporting the blues for 29 years the performances this season are more than worrying things have to change and quick before it all ends in tears come May with relegation to the conference something which would be the near death of the club as conference football is tough and we would not easilly bounce back.
When sturrock was announced as manager i thought great choice an experianced manager with a proven track record knowledge between him and tommy of both lower leagues and non league as well as scotland.
After witnessing the worst display by a blues team for many a year (not the 1st time this season either) with no direction to play apart from smashing the ball forward totally aimlessly to corr. Defenders who cannot defend ,players who really would struggle to play in the Ryman league, to just hear our boss put it down to lack of training is totall Bollox.
The 10 min spell after half time when we did try and get it wide to Hall showed what can be done.
The team selection is wrong Hall must play we also must play 2 forwards playing close together so Hall can get service into them. The team as a whole should support play better not being 3 ridged parts of a (team) all playing disjointed.
The center midfielders must look for the ball short and try to play to involve the wide players higher up the pitch and heaven knows we may see a through ball played into our forwards something that i cannot remember the last time ive seen for many many games.
When we lose the ball we need to be compact and narrow defending our last 3rd.
Some of the players really need to go they are simply just not up to this level.
There are better players in local non league ive seen them and managed a few.
The mix is not at all rite it needs to be sorted and quick i know i could sort it out given the chance so please Sturrock and Widdy your of supposed better knowledge than me SORT IT and Quick!!!

Im out of work at the moment football wise uncle Ron if you need a passionate battleing team and manager reflecting what is needed to stay in this league.

With you 100% on this Chris.

Was prepared to accept sub standard performances at the start as Sturrock needed time to blend his side together but I have seen no improvement.

I think the bulk of the players are crap and even the loanees we have had are poor with Midson possibly the worst player I have ever seen for us.

What Hall has done to not be the second name on the team sheet I really dont know (after Barker) we should for my mind have Corr and Sturrock upfront whenever possible and have a total clear out at the back. Prosser is useless, Coughlan is woeful. Phillips a crock, Gilbert I dislkie intensely as he simply cannot defend.

Tried to remain positive but results and performances going from bad to worse.

Back