• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The woman selling the scarves down Southend High Street today...

How is it the same thing?

Surely, extrapolating your scenario out is like comparing Topman (who sell "high st" versions of designer inspired clothes / suits etc) to people who sell dodgy sky cards to get movies free?

I think that Top Man sell suits etc that look like all other suits but have the Top Man brand on them. These scarves are blatant Southend United branded scarves, and bad ones at that...

Your comparison should be Top Man suits with Armani Labels, for which they are not!!

If the scarves have the Southend club crest on it, then they're in breach of the copyright.

But the economics of this is wrong and they seem to have flooded the market. There were so many of them yesterday, but I don't think I saw anyone buy one. Somewhere someone is going to have a room full of unwanted Chelsend scarves in the coming few days.

Own up who bought one?

Saw the fella in Southend High St yesterday. Didn't realise they were Chelsea/Southend at first and, seeing the yellow Southend half, actually popped over to take a look.

No way on earth would I buy a scarf with Chelsea on it though. Bear in mind that when I get the tube to the game from Uxbridge next Saturday, there will probably be a load of Chelsea fans on it. I don't want anyone thinking I am on of them....

I look at this way, if southend united sell a similar scarf but of better quality i will buy one if not then i may but one anyway just to add to my collection and remind me of what may be a memorable day for us

I got one for £4, why you might ask? Because I'm a Southend fan and my dad's a Chelsea fan (been to so many games with him so he doesn't go on his own including cup finals, champions league games, premier league games and of course Moscow) so I thought it would be nice to have a scarf for us which is half me and half him.

Probably a waste of time but it will never happen again in my dads life time and I doubt mine so something to keep for the future and show my kids I guess.

Back