• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This country isn't free anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is outrageous. Surely people can belong to whatever party they like.

Of course they can - provided that they are not working in jobs paid for by the state.

If you take the crown's shilling, I think it quite reasonable that the state demand that you do not belong to a party the founding principles of which were wholly racist, anti-Semite (which is why I'm surprised to see you kicking off this thread, Rusty) and homophobic. No matter the attempts of Griffin (a well-known holocaust denier) and chums to tart-up the party's image, it is a party which is racist to its marrow.

We have Discrimination Acts in this country. Parliament has passed laws stating that discrimination is illegal. I have to say that I struggle to get to grips with how the BNP are even allowed to exist, when they're racist to a man/woman.

They're a party which supposedly seeks the "voluntary" repatriation of non-Caucasian peoples - but whose aim is to return England to the ethnic make-up it was immediately following the 2nd World War. Leaving aside the fact that there were black and asian people in Britain at that time - and indeed have been since the 18th Century at least - I struggle to see how they implement that aim "voluntarily". In the unlikely event they ever found their way into government, what's the betting that the "voluntary" bit would get dropped?

So, yes, I think public servants should be sacked if they support the BNP, on the grounds that they are actively breaching discrimination laws while being paid to serve the public - a sizeable part of which is black, Asian, Muslim etc.

Besides, they should be sacked for stupidity. Maybe it's me, but I thought the "white supremacist" argument was rather kicked into touch by Jesse Owens in 1936. If that wasn't the definitive two-fingered salute to all Nazi white-supremacists, then the fact that the man who is about to become leader of the free world is has an African father and his half-black himself ought to be.

Matt

Funny enough Matt,on Jeremy Vine today ..a Lady Barrister was saying that there are a lot of legal people on that list and that they should lose there jobs and be struck off, as it would now seem somewhat unfair if a Legal representative belonging to the BNP was taking on the case of some ethnic person and wondered how many "cases" had gone the wrong way because/and before this list was divulged.

being honest i dont like what the BNP stands for far from it,sadly this party is becoming stronger by the day simply because of insane policies from the present goverment and the future one in waiting.
Mods – security alert – someone else is posting under Grays Blue’s username.

Funny enough Matt,on Jeremy Vine today ..a Lady Barrister was saying that there are a lot of legal people on that list and that they should lose there jobs and be struck off, as if would now seem somewhat unfair if a Legal representative belonging to the BNP was taking on the case of some ethnic person and wondered how many "cases" had gone the wrong way because of it.

one would hope none, as after all, isnt the British judicial system the most fairest in the world?

Funny enough Matt,on Jeremy Vine today ..a Lady Barrister was saying that there are a lot of legal people on that list and that they should lose there jobs and be struck off, as it would now seem somewhat unfair if a Legal representative belonging to the BNP was taking on the case of some ethnic person and wondered how many "cases" had gone the wrong way because of it.

I would certainly agree with her that that should apply to anyone on the Bench, or working for the Government Legal Service or Crown Prosecution Service - and she may have a point that membership of the BNP is wholly incompatible with Bar Code of Conduct and/or Law Society Rules.

Article 303, Bar Council Rules:

303. A barrister:

(a) must promote and protect fearlessly and by all proper and lawful means the lay client's best interests and do so without regard to his own interests or to any consequences to himself or to any other person (including any professional client or other intermediary or another barrister);

I really struggle to see how you achieve that if you are a member of the BNP and your client is black / Asian, I really do.

Matt

Unless you happen to be called Tony Martin.

*sigh*

Have we not done the whole debate about two wrongs not making a right before?

You're happy with someone removing the treads from stairs, waiting until the kid got stuck and then shooting him in the back until he was dead?

I'm not. Tony Martin was a victim. But that didn't give him the right to become a criminal in order to get retribution.

Matt

*sigh*

Have we not done the whole debate about two wrongs not making a right before?

You're happy with someone removing the treads from stairs, waiting until the kid got stuck and then shooting him in the back until he was dead?

I'm not. Tony Martin was a victim. But that didn't give him the right to become a criminal in order to get retribution.

Matt

I may have been referring to the Black Sabbath guitarist.

just for balancing out the argument, can there now be a list published of all communist sympathisers who work in the Ministry of Defence, and other sensitive areas.

oh, and a list of BNP members who are in the Masons....I bet they are very similar.

Of course they can - provided that they are not working in jobs paid for by the state.

If you take the crown's shilling, I think it quite reasonable that the state demand that you do not belong to a party the founding principles of which were wholly racist, anti-Semite (which is why I'm surprised to see you kicking off this thread, Rusty) and homophobic. No matter the attempts of Griffin (a well-known holocaust denier) and chums to tart-up the party's image, it is a party which is racist to its marrow.

We have Discrimination Acts in this country. Parliament has passed laws stating that discrimination is illegal. I have to say that I struggle to get to grips with how the BNP are even allowed to exist, when they're racist to a man/woman.

They're a party which supposedly seeks the "voluntary" repatriation of non-Caucasian peoples - but whose aim is to return England to the ethnic make-up it was immediately following the 2nd World War. Leaving aside the fact that there were black and asian people in Britain at that time - and indeed have been since the 18th Century at least - I struggle to see how they implement that aim "voluntarily". In the unlikely event they ever found their way into government, what's the betting that the "voluntary" bit would get dropped?

So, yes, I think public servants should be sacked if they support the BNP, on the grounds that they are actively breaching discrimination laws while being paid to serve the public - a sizeable part of which is black, Asian, Muslim etc.

Besides, they should be sacked for stupidity. Maybe it's me, but I thought the "white supremacist" argument was rather kicked into touch by Jesse Owens in 1936. If that wasn't the definitive two-fingered salute to all Nazi white-supremacists, then the fact that the man who is about to become leader of the free world is has an African father and his half-black himself ought to be.

Matt

We need to tackle their ideas not their membership. The BNP isn't - and nor should it be - an illegal organisation. If you want to tackle racism (which every rightminded person should do) you need people to be open about their beliefs, no matter how misguided they are. Caricaturing the BNP as evil is not the answer, you need to explain why it is evil, why there are laws against discrimination. I don't want anyone to tell me who I can and can't be friends with. I don't want anyone to deprive me the chance of watching footballers like Chrissy Powell or listening to musicians like Jimi Hendrix, Marvin Gaye, Elvis etc

Driving an organisation underground won't end racism and discrimination.

We need to tackle their ideas not their membership. The BNP isn't - and nor should it be - an illegal organisation. If you want to tackle racism (which every rightminded person should do) you need people to be open about their beliefs, no matter how misguided they are. Caricaturing the BNP as evil is not the answer, you need to explain why it is evil, why there are laws against discrimination. I don't want anyone to tell me who I can and can't be friends with. I don't want anyone to deprive me the chance of watching footballers like Chrissy Powell or listening to musicians like Jimi Hendrix, Marvin Gaye, Elvis etc

driving anything undergroun has a reverse reaction, and can make it more appealing, therefore stronger. keep it in the open, allow its time on tv/radio and in the papaers...........and then point and laugh....

Great post :clap:

driving anything undergroun has a reverse reaction, and can make it more appealing, therefore stronger. keep it in the open, allow its time on tv/radio and in the papaers...........and then point and laugh....

And this was the post i was just going to make. We should show there policies up, point out the basic flaws in their arguments. By showing what a load of nonsense most of it is surely you allow people to see the whole picture. If not you run the risk of people picking only the bits out they agree with such as Graysblue and immigration.

Maybe we should do something with the information. You know, like maybe set up a political party that, in an ironic flourish, fights for the expulsion of all BNP members. It'll be a lot easier to achieve those aims as well.

We know where they live.

Last edited:
Maybe we should do something with the information. You know, like maybe set up a political party that, in an ironic flourish, fights for the expulsion of all BNP members. It'll be a lot easier to achieve those aims as well.

We know where they live.

One lives 30 houses away from my Mum and Dad. Blimey. Wonder how they cope knowing that the two main shops are owned by Indian families and the chippy is owned by a Chinese family. And Aldi is on their doorstep.

I was a couple of peoples Housing Officer on that list until a couple of weeks ago :unsure:

Quite glad a Muslim chap that usually wears traditional dress has taken over from me :D

Although one of them is the only White family in the street, that must really annoy them every morning......

I was a couple of peoples Housing Officer on that list until a couple of weeks ago :unsure:

Quite glad a Muslim chap that usually wears traditional dress has taken over from me :D

Although one of them is the only White family in the street, that must really annoy them every morning......

How absolutely ****ing marvellous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back